The Portland Game Store

Bosco

The Portland Game Store!

This is a brand new locally owned and operated game store slated to open in late July this year and they are running a kickstarter with just six days left to add some final features to their facility before they open.

They're planning to offer space and product for MTG, 40k, Warmachine/Hordes, X-Wing, D&D, board games, and more with both regular league/game-nights and organized tournaments.  Also, they're planning to have food/snacks and beverages in addition to a designated beer area in-store.

Having already achieved their their initial fundraising goal, they have already unlocked their first stretch goal of a HD projector and, at the time of this posting, are just over $800 from their second stretch goal: a draft beer system to expand their options beyond bottles and cans for their over 21 beer area.

Located in the North Portland area (922 N. Killingsworth St.) this will be an excellent spot for players from all over the Portland and Vancouver areas to gather, play games, and celebrate the local gaming community in a comfortable, friendly environment.

In addition to supporting a local game store, there are pledge rewards ranging from swag to free tournament entry and public acknowledgment.  What's more, all pledges $25 or more get you access to their July 25th invite-only pre-opening event which includes food, beverages, and access to the pre-opening sale on all board game, rpg, miniatures, and gaming accessories inventory!

All support is helping great peoples' game-store dreams come true and helps expand the Portland area gaming community!  Thanks for looking!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1231288602/the-portland-game-room

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

i have a couple times.  love the location and their staff is super friendly.  they dont have a ton of stock(except decent star wars quantities which is nice cause i play armada) but the spacious setup is what i like.  they have FAT mats, nice chairs, PBR(ok, the can do better than that but at least its on tap lol).  are lacking a bit on terrain but they are a new store and told me they will be expanding on that portion very soon.  overall really like it. 

• Like 1

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

I will echo dp. Parking is not bad I have usually always found a street spot within a block.

The setup is inviting, and the store is split one side retail otherside tables.

• Like 1