Kings of War sound off

jesselowe

KoW has inherent lists for ogres, orcs, goblins, empire-ish, undead, chaos dwarfs, dwarfs, elves(wood+high), nature, angels, and deamons. They are reworking their dark elf list. There are lists for GW armies for V1, but I don't think anyone has V2 ones yet. And since Mantic has said they are putting out their own versions, I think most people will wait for them. They should include chaos warriors, lizards, skaven, brets.....maybe beastmen.

I'm kind of kicking myself for not getting the ogre army...I got the deamon one instead. I think the ogres are going to be a tough force to play against. Monstrous Infantry are just nasty.

KoW has inherent lists for ogres, orcs, goblins, empire-ish, undead, chaos dwarfs, dwarfs, elves(wood+high), nature, angels, and deamons. They are reworking their dark elf list. There are lists for GW armies for V1, but I don't think anyone has V2 ones yet. And since Mantic has said they are putting out their own versions, I think most people will wait for them. They should include chaos warriors, lizards, skaven, brets.....maybe beastmen.

I'm kind of kicking myself for not getting the ogre army...I got the deamon one instead. I think the ogres are going to be a tough force to play against. Monstrous Infantry are just nasty.

Cool, I have full Empire and Ogre armies already, eager to see how they translate to KoW :)

Here are some more links for the rules and army lists.

Current KOW V2 rules: https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=21AFEBFC9F9B9322!13419&ithint=file%2cpdf&app=WordPdf&authkey=!AA65yYAaNDyt4KE

Current V2 Army Lists: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nhZLDFOHUXC2MCA6NwYQWr0HF2mSyvEWIlNH4oCtBeQ/edit#gid=95797511

Additional Army Lists (Halfing/Rats/Beastmen): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XgQY5vVHs_V19N_2lsrpk59SIF9hi6_KDBqkmyitRro/edit#gid=689349073

I can't wait for the kickstarter stuff to get here. The first stuff (book and Abyssal Dwarfs) should be here sometime this month (fingers crossed). Have to wait on the forces of the Abyss and the dragon I ordered.

• Like 1

Looking forward to trying it! If the new lists are anything like the old lists, it appears that I could take a Wood Elf army that closely resembled my old 7th ed one, and have it be enjoyable. Mantic is also a really great company that has always been fan-positive.