The Infinity Run

Raindog

• 2 weeks later...

Played Don't Panic's 16 order Steel Phlanx pain list tonight. He soundly thumped me in the mission winning 5-0. I killed everybody but a Dactyl, his Lt Doctor, a mine Sweeper and a Flash Bot.

I tried to kill the Lt and heal a wounded civilian in the last turn, but failed.

The new Club Terrain is really cool and has great possibilities.

• Like 2

yea lesson #6642341 with steel: make sure not to give smoke to an intruder, especially when you have him dead to rights with 2-3 guys in suppression next to him, 2 chain rifles and pheonix looking on... 'siiiiiigh' sometimes im noobtastic lol. fun game.  im still learning that list.  glad i finally got to play you again as it seems like forever!  you're really getting the hang of that list!  

PS: still had thrasymedes and 1 myrmidon i believe otherwise id be in retreat :)  oh wait i always forget those minesweeper bots have baggage(rudra, remember when i had 76 points left?  i forgot baggage lol).  

also i like the new terrain as well.  the versatility of it really will make things cool!  although wish you were able to go inside the buildings...

• Like 1

I played Evan's new QK with my standard Nomads and was promptly stomped. It was a massacred. I could not hurt him until turn 2 and then it was too late. We played the Heal the Innocent scenario. He won 9-1. He wiped a third of my faction in turn one. I did little to stop him. Heck, I think he made 80 percent of his armor rolls. Ughhhhh.

On the building note, I started to assemble the Comache Octagon from Warsenal. The pieces were hard to remove from the set. I had to use an exacto blade. It was a slow and delicate experience.

I played Evan's new QK with my standard Nomads and was promptly stomped. It was a massacred. I could not hurt him until turn 2 and then it was too late. We played the Heal the Innocent scenario. He won 9-1. He wiped a third of my faction in turn one. I did little to stop him. Heck, I think he made 80 percent of his armor rolls. Ughhhhh.

On the building note, I started to assemble the Comache Octagon from Warsenal. The pieces were hard to remove from the set. I had to use an exacto blade. It was a slow and delicate experience.

My first turn really solidified the win.   Being able to take out the doctor, sniper, and an algualciles with one chain rifle burst really gave me a good boost.   The dice were just against you this time, and absolutely loving me.  Thanks for coming to play, and thanks for the cookies!

• Like 1

The Comache Octogon is assembled and the glue is drying.

I second sprayed a few terrain models green and hit another set with the first coat of red. The red spray is almost empty, so I hope to be able to finish what I started.

Eventually, I need to put a sealant on the Warsenal Octogon and barricades.

My first turn really solidified the win.   Being able to take out the doctor, sniper, and an algualciles with one chain rifle burst really gave me a good boost.   The dice were just against you this time, and absolutely loving me.  Thanks for coming to play, and thanks for the cookies!

Rats!

Looking over the rules. The Clockmaker can use Command Tokens to reroll failed repairs on the TR bot.......

• Like 1

What have I been doing lately?

Rampage. Rampage, Rampage. Oh, yes and Rampage. Design, Printing, Swag making, cleaning, cutting, and paper punching has taken 90 percent of my time. There is a reason I have only been doing one year as of late. 

I am really looking forward to the event. This is the first sellout ever, even when I ran WHFB Rampages. The weather looks like it will co-operate, so we won't freeze inside WoW. 

Painting?

Why, yes, but it is Ordo Terrain.  Six more Q-hut are finished. I added the final layers to a building, a platform and two cat walks. 

What do I need to painting?

Nomads. I need to paint what I have assembled and assemble more to play with. I have picked up an Intruder w/ Combi and two Wild Cats with combis from Evan. I have a Wildcat HML, a Grenzer, a Mobile Brigada, Lupe, and another Alguacil that also need some love. 

Christmas is done. The tree is gone, I can put my paint table back up again. 

Gaming?

I have been losing to Evan. He has been mopping my Nomads up. Yes, he has been rolling well, but my orders are not efficient as they could be. Also, I have been repeatedly taking the same list. Tactically, I want to learn how a models works before I try new things, but that leaves me using half of a faction. Prowler, Sin-Eaters,Grenzers,  Zeros. Tom Cats, Bandits, Jaguars, and Bandits are yet to be used.   

I have been studying the Sectorials. I might have to shun vanilla for a bit and run Corregidor. I will miss Spektrs and Custodians, but instead I might have to load up Hellcats, Intruders, and Bandits.  

• Like 2

What have I been doing lately?

Rampage. Rampage, Rampage. Oh, yes and Rampage. Design, Printing, Swag making, cleaning, cutting, and paper punching has taken 90 percent of my time. There is a reason I have only been doing one year as of late. 

I am really looking forward to the event. This is the first sellout ever, even when I ran WHFB Rampages. The weather looks like it will co-operate, so we won't freeze inside WoW. 

Painting?

Why, yes, but it is Ordo Terrain.  Six more Q-hut are finished. I added the final layers to a building, a platform and two cat walks. 

What do I need to painting?

Nomads. I need to paint what I have assembled and assemble more to play with. I have picked up an Intruder w/ Combi and two Wild Cats with combis from Evan. I have a Wildcat HML, a Grenzer, a Mobile Brigada, Lupe, and another Alguacil that also need some love. 

Christmas is done. The tree is gone, I can put my paint table back up again. 

Gaming?

I have been losing to Evan. He has been mopping my Nomads up. Yes, he has been rolling well, but my orders are not efficient as they could be. Also, I have been repeatedly taking the same list. Tactically, I want to learn how a models works before I try new things, but that leaves me using half of a faction. Prowler, Sin-Eaters,Grenzers,  Zeros. Tom Cats, Bandits, Jaguars, and Bandits are yet to be used.   

I have been studying the Sectorials. I might have to shun vanilla for a bit and run Corregidor. I will miss Spektrs and Custodians, but instead I might have to load up Hellcats, Intruders, and Bandits.  

mixing it up is fun.  i cant picture you without your custodians and spektrs though.  you seem to have an attachment to them like i do for my 'vanilla only' things(such as nagas, devas, dakini and proxy girls).  although they are in bakunin right?  using lupe and link team will be a fun change.  i thought you used a sin eater once? nomads have sooo many fun pieces that im glad i didnt choose them cause id be overwhelmed with the amazing choices lol.  i couldnt resist zeros.  kinda like my 'naga problems'... 

rudra has been murdering everyone lately.  he was blasting me for a while until yesterday!  

see ya on saturday.  if i get a ride i can bring terrain.  if not ill be taking the streetcar/hoofing it there with just the carrying case...

Okay, now that the Rampage is done and dusted. I kicked out the painting table and started to work again. Before I go back to my Nomads, I want to complete work on a few pieces of terrain. Since I have not painted in over a month, I want to renew my painting skills before I finish the Alguacil I had been working on. I picked on a large cargo container, two dumpsters, a small cargo container, a camera, a platform, and a small crate. All are going to be in shades of green. The small crate and small cargo box are layers and ready to be washed. 

I have decide to finished one full army before switching to the Haqq in the  Fall. I may be play Corregidor for a few games  to  practice using fire team and continue to develop using my skills.