The Infinity Run

Raindog

The Red Veil box is assembled, but not yet based. I need a small drill bit for my pin vise.

Warning: The female Ghulam is hard to assemble. The support arm is a bad fit.

After putting the models, I pulled out the next box. The Al Hawwa sniper was a mess. There are too many mold lines on the model. I did not fully assemble it, since it needs to go a base at the same time due to the model resting on the sniper rifle.

The next set of models is the original Haqq starter box. The female Naffatun models was a not bad to flash. Her hair had the worst parts to flash. I had to bend the support hand with mine to make the support arm fit.

• Like 2

So, I went for stupid tonight. I brought two lists. One List was for the League. The other list was if I found Seth, Pete, Or Evan in need of a game. It was a six order list three Basic Alguaciles, a FO Alguacile, HMG Alguacile, and a Szalamandra. Yup, I brought few orders and a giant wrecking ball. It stomped around and blasted Evan, then Pete. With armor 11 in cover, it could win fire fights. Its flame thrower came in handy as well. In each game, it took a wound. It even lost a guts check. Evan almost took it down with an Armindno, and then a Spetznaz. Pete gave me a scare with double hammers of Deva and Hexagon with Spitfires, but Szallie held its points.

• Like 1

Infinity Rule of the Day

Baggage

A unit with the Baggage trait (HS3 pg. 72)

One. Makes the model worth 20 more points.

This counts for calculating retreat and for scenarios where points are added up for being in specific scoring zones.

Two. Allows the model to spend a short skill when in base contact, to reload disposable equipment like Crazy Koalas, Mines, Repeaters, and Panzerfausts for other models.

Three. Ignores the PH requirement for the Casevac Skill allowing the model to carry troops in the stunned, immobilized, or unconscious state.

The first rule gives an 8 point baggage remote the ability to score 28 points in a scenarios like Frontline. A last second surge with a speedy remote can turn the tide in a game.

Being able to reload Crazy Koalas to dominate the center of a battlefield or an unloaded Panzerfaust to rain down additional deadly AROs can add tactical ripples to a battle.

The last part is limited. It can let a remote bring an unconscious model to a doctor or an immobilized model to an engineer

• Like 2

I am back to assembling tonight. The Hunzakut's arms fit together, but there was a bit of flashing in the arms.

The Snake Ghulam fit together well, but the arms needed a good deal of flashing, especially the gun arm.

The Jannisary is problematic. The mold seems a bit corrupted. The sword arm took a fair amount work. Both arms have rough excess metal. They are gun arm will not fit into the arm socket the way depicted in the photos. I tried to trim it. The gun is canted down. It is a realistic pose. Now, I need to fill the very small gap.

• Like 1

Models is the Assembled, waiting to be based pile....

Naffatun, female, old version

Al Hawwa, sniper

Jannisary, Rifle

Hunzakut, male, sniper

Odalisque, Spitfire

6 Ghulams, all rifle, 3 old, 3 Red Veil

Govad Sniper

Govad Missile Launcher

Govad, Hacker

Govad, Rifle

Kwararij, Rifle

Al Fasid, HMG

Zayedan, Rifle

Tuareg, Sniper

Ragik, Rifle

Muttawi'ah, female, jammer.

Muttawi'ah, chain rifle

Muttawi'ah, male jammer

Muttawi'ah, boarding shotgun

Daylami, Panzerfaust

Asawira with spitfire

Bashi Bazouk

Models to be assembled

4 Sekban

Ragik , with Rifle

Tariqa

Hunzakut, female with GL

• Like 1

Following Top Down Terrain's advice, I went to Home Depot and picked up a few cans of Quick Color spray paint. They are 97 cents a can. That seems to be a bargain. I came home and sprayed his Top Down Bases. I will let you know how it works. I am thinking camo green bases with yellow or orange highlights.

• Like 2

So a bit ago, I bought a Daylami somebody had assembled. I never really looked at the model, but when I looked at today, the model had issued. The panzerfaust did not fit on the shoulder. I took the model apart and saw the issue. The panzerfaust arm did not fit on the shoulder. I had to carver the male and female parts of the arm very carefully and slowly until the two parts fit. The mold for the models is just bad.

This summer, I made a promise to myself not to buy any more old models. This is the reason why. The new models fit so well. The older ones have issues.

The Muttawi'ah all needed a bit of gap fill, but nothing too bad.

• Like 1

logo_401.png Haqqislam

──────────────────────────────────────────────────

orden_regular.png5  orden_irregular.png4  orden_impetuosa.png3
logo_43.pngFASID HMG + (Smoke and Normal) Light Grenade Launcher, Antipersonnel Mines / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (2 | 53)
logo_1.pngGHULAM Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
logo_1.pngGHULAM Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
logo_10.pngHUNZAKUT Sniper Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 21)
logo_40.pngMUTTAWI'AH Chain Rifle, E/Marat, Jammer, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 5)
logo_40.pngMUTTAWI'AH Chain Rifle, E/Marat, Jammer, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 5)
logo_24.pngODALISQUE Spitfire, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 30)
logo_5.pngZHAYEDAN (Marksmanship L2) Breaker Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 31)

3.5 SWC | 174 Points

Today's list.....
  • Like 1

League was great tonight. I played two games with my Haqq: One against Jay and the other against Justjoking.  Jay beat me soundly. I had a good first turn, but the second turn went south and I had little to counter his  prone Ninja on the high ground. In the second game, I let my Mutts go wild. One rambo'd across the table eating rounds, making saves, going dogged, and chain rifling a Lazik, a Ghulam HMG, and a plain Ghulam before going down/

In both games, the Hunzakut  did well. I like camo models with infiltration. One with sniper rifle is a cheap, beast.

• Like 1

Next Week's list

logo_401.png 200 League

──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png6  orden_irregular.png4  orden_impetuosa.png2
logo_23.pngDAYLAMI (CH: Limited Camouflage, Inferior Infiltration) Light Shotgun, Panzerfaust / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 8)
logo_1.pngGHULAM (Forward Observer) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)
logo_1.pngGHULAM Doctor Plus (MediKit) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
logo_1.pngGHULAM Lieutenant Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
logo_43.pngFASID HMG + (Smoke and Normal) Light Grenade Launcher, Antipersonnel Mines / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (2 | 53)
logo_10.pngHUNZAKUT Sniper Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 21)
logo_24.pngODALISQUE Spitfire, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 30)
logo_5.pngZHAYEDAN (Marksmanship L2) Breaker Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 31)

GROUP 2sep.gifsep.giforden_irregular.png1  orden_impetuosa.png1

4 SWC | 199 Points

• Like 1