this board..

Funny that not even half a year ago you would have tons of discussion here and tournaments every other month for get togethers. Still saddens me cause I loved fantasy 8th so much and enjoyed interactions. I also was finally figuring out the game lol. Guess this is me coming to state that since I haven't played since ofcc that I'm pretty much done with the game.. my bitterness towards gw still remains and although aos I think is a fine game I just do not forsee myself ever supporting a company like gw again. Hoping mantic treats its clientele with a more respectful and interactive motive. you can say corporations are money blah blah but there's plenty of corporations that respect their investors more than gw did. During my time away I think almost every company I've looked at for games seems to be more in touch with their fans than gw. I still need some testing for KoW so if anyone is looking for a noob game let me know. Read the rules and it's quite different but my dwarfs look like they might enjoy it..

Cheers

DP

• Like 7

I'm still down for a game of 8th for anyone willing to meet up in Vancouver, I only played the edition for about 2 years regularly, so I still feel like it has a lot to offer me. I've still yet to play against Tomb Kings or Wood Elves.

I know I'm a minority, but I think that 8th was great, straight out of the book. Only "comp" I was a fan of was knowing if I was going up against special characters or not.

I still need to try out Kings of War some more, but the one game I played left me feeling pretty unsatisfied, so I'm a bit reluctant to give up my limited gaming time to test it out more. I'll probably just continue plugging away at Tyranids and painting up the occasional Mordheim figure.

• Like 1

Over the months since AoS has come out, I've really pretty much moved on. I played a handful of AoS games, and watched another handful - and it's just really not for me. And as much as I enjoyed WHFB, my eagerness to play it is pretty much at an all-time low. That being said, if someone asked me to play I probably would break out the rats, but I won't be seeking games of WHFB on my own anytime soon.

I own 2 massive 40K armies as well, as well as Blood Bowl and Mordheim groups. But as far as being a 'GW customer' goes, I am pretty much done. I've not bought a 'new' GW product in quite some time, and unless they release a new unit for one of my chosen factions, I doubt I will be giving them any of my money anytime soon. Any GW stuff I've bought as of late has been used/second-hand on eBay.

I definitely understand where you are coming from dp. My intro into minis games was Blood Bowl back in 1989, but a month after that, I jumped into WHFB and have loved that setting ever since. But now it's gone - or at the very least 'different' - and that which I was attached to is pretty much dead, and if I am going to invest time/effort into playing a 'dead' game, that would be LotR, for me, instead of WHFB.

Like Andrew, I tried KoW and had mixed thoughts on it. It definitely holds promise, in my opinion, but the jury is out and I definitely need/want some more games of it. I recently picked up some movement trays and definitely still plan to give it a full and fair shot.

It will be curious to see how things shake out in the next year.

• Like 2

Smameless-Plug-Graphic.jpg nice one matt.  i swear sometimes i cant tell if you seattle guys are into wargames or are twilight series fanatics.. might be able to come to that but no idea at the moment.  although im doing a fantastic job at sucking up to my wife lately, so maybe!

• Like 1

There is game called Infinity............

well of course i love that game... but i also have 400+(i know stupid amount.. BUT YOU DO TOO!!!) models of fantasy that need to sharpen their sticks every now and then.  just seems like a crime to have them collect dust due to a company kicking our interests to the curb. 

I am pretty much done with GW as well.  Seattle and BC communities are going full bore KoW.  I dont see many KoW posts on here so i am assuming the Portland crowd hasnt picked it up yet.  I honestly think KoW will end up being better than Warhammer ever was. 

yea KoW really hasnt made a transition here at all.  im hoping to somehow rally the troops(or rally behind someone else if they are doing it lol) but i do foresee it being a bit difficult because our community here is quite fractured since AoS.  most of our guys have jumped to infinity(including me) but i know they all have that inner fantasy bug so maybe it just takes some itching to get the craze back.  there are a few guys that are enjoying AoS though on fridays at the ordo supported league and im really happy they are having a blast!.  Just unfortunately wont have the numbers we had with 8th i feel due to that dropout and splintering of people :(  i think people just need to give KoW a shot for those that arent feeling AoS for whatever reason or just want to play another platform with their models that isnt skirmish based(quite the opposite actually!).  it is quite a different game i think from reading but i really like some aspects of it! 

• Like 1

I think what dkieft is trying to say is the fact that 9th is a fan made version rather than, ya know, what GW should have done and continue whfb is what is depressing regardless of what it contains. That at least is something that depresses me a little as well lol

Yeah, that is part of it at least. But I think also I am not generally a fan of fan made things... not because they can't be good, but often over time they begin to warp and twist into some ones vision of what it should be instead of what it started as. Also, how long until the people working on it move on to other things? It is just a lot of stuff up in the air without a solid core (as in people who's job it is to make it happen). Maybe down the road I'll give it a try... but so far I haven't even tried AoS yet.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Malifaux is a fine game, but it is just too creepy for me.

The man who says Malifaux is creepy is the man who plays the Infinity faction that bio-engineers animal-human crossbreeds, fights them to the death, and then auctions off the winners to bored wealthy folk who want to have sex with them. Hmmm...

I'm not judging, I'm just saying that we Nomad players don't get to call anything creepy.  :wink:

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

The man who says Malifaux is creepy is the man who plays the Infinity faction that bio-engineers animal-human crossbreeds, fights them to the death, and then auctions off the winners to bored wealthy folk who want to have sex with them. Hmmm...

I'm not judging, I'm just saying that we Nomad players don't get to call anything creepy.  :wink:

I hope you guys are living vicariously through your models fluff, and not hoping to see it realized. 

• Like 2