Krylon Camo Paint

Nathanvoodoo

If you haven't tried a can of Krylon Camo paint as a primer- give it a shot.

It goes on super thin, sticks really well, and costs 5 bucks from just about any random hardware or even Fred Meyers.

That is all.

I haven't tried the Camo, but I've been using Krylon Fusion Flat Black as my primer for years. Works fine, and costs less than a third of what GW wants for a can of primer.

These are the two types of paint I use for all of my priming, both in black. I get whatever is on hand at the time, and suspect that they are the same paint, marketed differently.  Regardless, I love them both!

• Like 2

Hello there,

The "Duck Commander" Camo Spray Kit from Krylon:  black; olive; brown; khaki.

Usually around $ 16.00.  With the "fusion for plastic" technology.  No prep, no priming, one-step.  We use the heck outta this on our helmets for SWAT.  It's non-glare and coats super thin yet well.  I prime minis with it all the time, since cans are always around.

Stay safe,

don

Tim,

According to www.kryloncamopaint.com:

This ultra-flat paint is non-reflective to provide the ultimate camouflage.

• Bonds to most plastics, PVC, hard vinyl, ceramic glass, wood, metal and wicker
  • No sanding, no priming; ultra-flat, non-reflective colors
  • Ideal for sporting and hunting equipment, decoys and more. Not for use on skin, hair or clothing
  • Fully chip resistant in 7 days
Dry to touch:  15 minutes or less Dry to handle:  After 1 hour For use on:  Wood, Metal, Wicker, Wrought Iron, Plastic, Hard Vinyl, Glass, Plaster, Ceramic, Paper, Paper Mache

I'm looking at some cans I have at the house... nothing on it about enamel-based or acrylic-based.  The website doesn't say either.  Sorry.  Maybe it's the "fusion for plastic technology."

If it helps, it's super durable.  I've built AR15s for folks and used this stuff on their gear and my gear, along with SWAT kit.  Nothing's come off yet and it's held up super well.  So as a primer it'll be bomb proof I'm sure.  But then again, I can't find if it's enamel-based or acrylic-based so it's not like I'm all that smart.

Stay safe,

don

• Like 1

I used some of this a couple years back on a terrain board - my first can was a dud and clogged up after just a few minutes.  I had to return it - the second can worked fine and did a great job.  It's a cheap alternative and (as WestRider mentioned above) the Flat Black Primer is great too.  Just make sure you get FLAT black. 

• 3 weeks later...