Random Thought Thread

InfestedKerrigan

Yeah, that sounds about right.

Also, I was just building some Pink Horrors, and I didn't go through with it, but I realized that you can actually put the bits for all three of the upgrades on the same Model. Horror #1 is one of the ones that can carry the Standard (left arms), the Instrument (right arm) will go on pretty much any of them, and it's also the one that the Champion head goes on. Actually, come to think of it, Tzeentch would probably be down with that sort of shenanigans.

I'd insist on utilization of a massive oval base for each member of the Combat Squad. Ideally with a pile of dead under each one.

This would be great. You'd want to model the pile of bodies high enough that the space marine had the same LOS profile as the knight for full effect.
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

To play Space Marines according to the fluff, just take a Combat Squad and say it Counts As an Imperial Knights Exalted Court :D

I think this is an excellent way to get a Primarch Model in a standard 40k Game.  The more I think about it, I've gone back and deleted some stuff I typed up.  I think if this is the case, you always run it as a Knight Gallant.  Don't give them shooting attacks. 

• Like 1

Rogue Valley contains nearly a third of all Cannabis Producer applications.  Central Oregon, on the other hand, is less than 3% of the producer applications.  

In contrast, Rogue Valley only has 3 or so percent of the retail applications, and Central Oregon has 7%.  

Rogue Valley is growing weed for the whole state.

For as much production is going on down here, the prices truly do not reflect.

• Like 1

A scientist was testing out ways to remove protons from elements, seeing if he could actually reliably turn lead to gold. But his processes kept backfiring, instead tending to add a single extra proton. He finally thought he had it sorted out, but when he checked at the end of the trial, nope, it was just bismuth as usual.

• Like 2

Being specific about your versus you're is about keeping our populous intelligent.  Laziness breeds ineptness.  

That being said, no, differentiating bugs and insects in your example with a fly isn't anything like that.  I'd compare that more to deciding if the crow you just shot is a blackbird or avian. 

As for flies being bugs, they are not.  Their mouth is like a plunger, not a straw.  

By the way, all this came about because my dear friend got a job with Terminex.  I'm learning all sorts of [big bad swear word].

• Like 2

Calling Tyranids "Bugs" is a misnomer.  Mals and Lictors could be argued more so than the rest, but ultimately, they're more look general insects or crustaceans than bugs.  Bugs have a slurp straw mouth.  Tyranids don't.  

Actually, it's an even bigger misnomer than that, because Nids don't really share many traits at all with insects of any kind. 6 limbs, and they have a partial carapace, but those 1 1/2 traits are the extent of the similarity. GW's design docs for the sculptors actually describe them more as dinosaurs.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...