Random Thought Thread

InfestedKerrigan

Chaperoned a field trip for second grade yesterday. As we were crossing a footbridge I peeked down through the cracks. Loose rocks and one solitary green plant, leafy and about shin tall. Very first thing that popped into my head was "Found a Nirnroot!".

Was it making that annoying humming noise? Best part about picking them was that they'd stop making noise....

Just replace the batteries for my TV/Monitor's remote. They were corroded on the ends. I can't recall when I last changed them....

Reminds me of the time someone told my uncle he could have their broken TV for free if he wanted to try to fix it. He changed the batteries in the remote and it worked fine.

• Like 3

Balboa Park, Naval base on Harbor Dr, Mission Beach, and hopefully get back to the hotel early enough to shower before friend makes it down from OC.  I should've left the hotel at 8, not 11....

Well, I drove through the park, past what I think was the Zoo, alongside the Naval Base, almost ended up at the border, got turned back around, was miffed I didn't pass the Midway when suddenly I saw the Midway.  Got stuck in traffic down between the Convention Center and Petco Park.  I'd hate to have to drive that during SDComicon.  Thought I was lost again, and further south on a peninsula than I had wanted to be when I saw my turn.  Then successfully got lost near Sea World before getting worried about making it back to the hotel before my friend showed up and decided to hop on the 5.  Exit I ended up needing dropped me off at Mission Beach.  

Now I know where things are, what to expect traffic wise in those areas, and all that jazz.  Looking forward to spending time at each place after I got off work in the afternoons/evenings before I have to go back to Oregon.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

Guy rolls into gym on a Segway. Rolling past the treadmills and you pull out my phone to take a picture as, as who is lazy enough to ride their Segway in the gym? You start thinking of all the great captions. Then you notice the guy takes his cane off the handles because he has a busted tibia. You slowly turn the camera off on your phone and pretend like your texting and then slip your phone back into your pocket. What you thought would be a great post to the random photo thread instead makes you feel like the biggest [Clown].

• Like 2

Building Models is one of the few situations where "$#!^, I just lost half a dude's torso" is not a particularly alarming statement.

Building kingdom death models I regularly say "where did that chick's boobs go, they just slipped outta my hands." the wife replies "I'm on it!" and is immediately looking for boobs... Tehehehehe!

• Like 6

Guy rolls into gym on a Segway. Rolling past the treadmills and you pull out my phone to take a picture as, as who is lazy enough to ride their Segway in the gym? You start thinking of all the great captions. Then you notice the guy takes his cane off the handles because he has a busted tibia. You slowly turn the camera off on your phone and pretend like your texting and then slip your phone back into your pocket. What you thought would be a great post to the random photo thread instead makes you feel like the biggest [big bad swear word].

Dude! Couple years back I'm stuck behind a school bus on my residential street. Bus stops, lots of kids get out. Bus drives about 30 yards and stops again. I'm immediately all "What the hell is this?!? Lazy butt kid gets dropped off at their front door! That's BS!". Off the bus comes a little girl on crutches with a cast from ankle to about mid-chest...

• Like 4

Dude! Couple years back I'm stuck behind a school bus on my residential street. Bus stops, lots of kids get out. Bus drives about 30 yards and stops again. I'm immediately all "What the hell is this?!? Lazy butt kid gets dropped off at their front door! That's BS!". Off the bus comes a little girl on crutches with a cast from ankle to about mid-chest...

Ouch

Body casts suck.  Think about it...  They're intentionally designed to prevent motion of muscles and tendons in and around the hip, often used after surgery.  Even without the plaster-of-paris body sock, imagine going weeks without moving through your hips and core...

• Like 1