SPOILER! The End of End Times!

What's spoiled?

Follow the link. Everything except the spirit of one man is destroyed. And I mean everything, no bubbles, no rubble, no nothing, just one man and his spirit to remake everything.

That was a surprise to me. I know the Old World was being wrecked but they ended it just like the Never Ending Story. Reality is left to be recreated by the vision of one man. WHFB's story is over and done. What comes next will be a completely new world, not one where there is fighting amongst the ruin of an old.

Very drastic!

Maybe I'm being dense, but what's the problem. It seems like in the future, chaos wins and floating in the void is a man (the Emperor? Sigmar?) who looks to take the fight back to them.

Everything but that one spirit has been unmade. Chaos even left and is not paying attention to that reality anymore. So the story has ended.

What comes next, even if the new reality was started by that one spirit, will be a totally new reality. There is nothing left to continue, no fight (the bad guys left that reality satisfied.) and no culture or even a planet left to continue. Everything has been wiped clean.

Follow the link. Everything except the spirit of one man is destroyed. And I mean everything, no bubbles, no rubble, no nothing, just one man and his spirit to remake everything.

That was a surprise to me. I know the Old World was being wrecked but they ended it just like the Never Ending Story. Reality is left to be recreated by the vision of one man. WHFB's story is over and done. What comes next will be a completely new world, not one where there is fighting amongst the ruin of an old.

Very drastic!

So, the title is End Times. Was there any other expected outcome. Again, it's not much of a spoiler to me. Is it drastic...depends on what you were expecting.

So, the title is End Times. Was there any other expected outcome. Again, it's not much of a spoiler to me. Is it drastic...depends on what you were expecting.

I hear what you are saying, the title of the books were End Times, but the end caught me way off guard. Also I guess my disappointment is not the death of characters as much as seeing a whole world I have been following since I played WHFRP back in 89. It was an imperfect world fraught with dark monsters that hide even in plain sight. I liked the Old World more than any other Fantasy setting (even though the GoT's world is growing on me fast.) and liked its low magic feel.

I like many liked hearing there was going to be change but this isn't change, it's the End of a world I spent my adult life watching its struggles and growing. So now we have to see what happens next. Is Pretre right, will 9th focus on the world as it is being torn apart till its ultimate end, or will it be a whole new world with a whole new history, armies and cultures that are alien to us?

It might be good but I am still disappointed the way they ended the world on such a one sided anticlimactic way. Many story lines were unfinished and now they are gone. I wanted Luthor Huss to fulfill his destiny, which now turns out was not true. There are many other of examples but I will just leave it at that I am disappointed, Phantom Menace disappointed.

It seems more like we're going to be in a 30 minutes to midnight scenario for a while. Since it talks about how it could take up to a 1000 years or a blink of an eye. That looks more like a vision of the actual end rather than a vision of the present.

I also saw someone spoil the story up to that point. There is a big battle that Chaos was going to win, so the Incarnates goto the Ruins of Middenheim and have a battle with Archaon and his greater daemons. Everyone dies. Everyone, even Archaon, twice! Or at least gets swallowed up by the rift of nothingness. So the rift is opened now, not a thousand years from now. But reality is unfolding so time is different for the survivors as the rift swallows everything.

I cannot understand the disappointment with End Times. Again, I feel like its some of the most refined fantasy ever to be released and follows the Gothic and dark story line ive always appreciated about the WH world. I know its nice to be a traditionalist and have nothing change over time, but it is certainly time to shake up the WHFB world, IMO. 

8th has run its course and is the best edition to date, what makes you think 9th wont be better? 

• Like 1

I cannot understand the disappointment with End Times. Again, I feel like its some of the most refined fantasy ever to be released and follows the Gothic and dark story line ive always appreciated about the WH world. I know its nice to be a traditionalist and have nothing change over time, but it is certainly time to shake up the WHFB world, IMO. 

8th has run its course and is the best edition to date, what makes you think 9th wont be better?

Again I am not arguing the story line changing and characters dying off. And the new story line 'may' be good and even better than the Old World, but that is a discussion for when 9th is released.

My disappointment is more "how" the story of the Old World ended. The Old World is dead, chaos destroyed and unmade everything in that reality. But from what I have read and what has been mentioned by the spoilers it just ended as a bad story. Much like how the last Indiana Jones movie ended. I was just like "huh?". The whole ending just seemed not thought out well and more of a quick excuse to redo the look of WHFB so they can copy right the IP. Not an actual planned ending that they were building up to.

I even bet if it weren't for the whole Chapter House ordeal the End Times would have never happened.

But this is just my opinion. Some people liked the Phantom Menace and Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull, I just thought they were rushed bad stories to make a profit on an already good story.

before you think 'end times is awesome' take a look at the new rules brought in it................. no core restriction, no # units restriction, no section % limitation.  a champion can be the general(or a MODEL LOLOLOL).   dibs on 10 cannons and 10 organ guns.  for the love of jeebus i hope this doesnt get errata'd.  actually looking at the wording, this seems definitely like an errata in itself.  'sigh' *raises hand* this guy is definitely disappointed in end times, now that they are over ive came to that conclusion.  some ideas were good to make certain weak parts stronger(undead, beastmen and even 50% rule was fine) but the other rules have been a complete airball.  khaine magic is horrible, but these rules from archaon are probably the worst of them all though...

19291_10100588923753947_442793560418271310997483_10100588923649157_4314341296248

before you think 'end times is awesome' take a look at the new rules brought in it................. no core restriction, no # units restriction, no section % limitation. a champion can be the general(or a MODEL LOLOLOL). dibs on 10 cannons and 10 organ guns. for the love of jeebus i hope this doesnt get errata'd. actually looking at the wording, this seems definitely like an errata in itself. 'sigh' *raises hand* this guy is definitely disappointed in end times, now that they are over ive came to that conclusion. some ideas were good to make certain weak parts stronger(undead, beastmen and even 50% rule was fine) but the other rules have been a complete airball. khaine magic is horrible, but these rules from archaon are probably the worst of them all though...

19291_10100588923753947_442793560418271310997483_10100588923649157_4314341296248

I kind of liked the Khaine rules for mixing the game up for off games. Still won't play it as a standard game.

Now these new rules....... NO! What kind of crack are they on?

Hey guys I am running a 30 strong Warlock unit hero bus. Any issues?

Warhammer without Chaos Gods?

Ummm...does that even compute?

No Old World doesn't compute with me. No Old World no Warhammer as we know it, so why do we need Chaos gods? It's not Warhammer anyways. It is going to be something new, good or bad, it's not Warhammer.

I like this.  Their %-based and selection-based restrictions were stupid and arbitrary, especially the 25% "Core" minimum on armies where the Core choices are thin.  Why should I have to have my Dark Elf army 25% core, if I want to make an Elite Infantry army, I'm stuck plugging up 25% of my points with Dark Riders or crappy chaff troops.

And like I always say, we the players are the ones deciding what's fun anyway, not the GW composition restrictions.  Since I can make a stupid list under the current restrictions, what's the difference if there are more/different stupid list options that I could take (but choose not to)?

I'm still hoping we don't have to rebase to round to play 9th though, that's just a lame pain in the butt!

• Like 1