New 40k edition

pretre

Seen another rules leak that im not sure if its been brought up yet,,but null deployement in matched play is gone.One of the special rules for matched play is that at least half of each players army must be set up on the board at game start.Further,any reserved units that have not come into play by the end of turn 3 are considered destroyed.

Seems a bit harsh for pod armies..unless theres some army special rules that overide that.

• Like 1

Any more details pop up on this?

Example:

I take an army with 10 units, Legion of The Damned.

1) 5 units deploy in deployment zone, 5 deepstrike.

2) 5 units Deepstrike at deployment phase but anywhere on board more than 9" from an enemy. 5 units Deepstrike during game as normal.

3) Straight up not an option to build list with only Deepstrike units.

Don't see 2 as likely but included for completeness. I'd like 1 but can see the arguments for 3 as well.

22 minutes ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

Yeah, that was already mentioned on WHC updates like a month ago.

Thnx for the reminder:)

There is a link out at Dakka that pretty much has everything in the index`s and rulebook in it now.

Checking out the SM now ,,Scouts are sure looking good! Shotgun is str 5 at 6" range and camo cloaks give +2 to cover bonus instead of +1.They are bit more expensive than tacticles though,,well the PL was one more.

43 minutes ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

Was that SW Scouts? I don't cheat on Ordo, and we can't see non whc stuff here for the time being, so I don't know what's going on. 

Its just SM scouts..actually I think that may already be out there too as I rem the thing about camo cloaks from a while back.

Im just anxious to get my Wolves on the table again so I wanted to see if any more has been leaked about them.

With that,I will be heading down to pick up Logan in an hour or so:)

I know,,im such a forum slut:laugh:

2 hours ago, PourSpelur said:

Any more details pop up on this?

Example:

I take an army with 10 units, Legion of The Damned.

1) 5 units deploy in deployment zone, 5 deepstrike.

2) 5 units Deepstrike at deployment phase but anywhere on board more than 9" from an enemy. 5 units Deepstrike during game as normal.

3) Straight up not an option to build list with only Deepstrike units.

Don't see 2 as likely but included for completeness. I'd like 1 but can see the arguments for 3 as well.

Option 1

• Like 4

Posted 05/06/2017

Forge World Preview: Indexes

ImperialArmourBanner.jpg

We saw quite a few upcoming new models last week at Warhammer Fest, so for this week’s Forge World preview, we thought we’d take a look at some of the new Datasheets in the Imperial Armour Index books – one from the Forces of the Adeptus Astartes and one from the Forces of Chaos.

Let’s start off with a true relic of the Horus Heresy, the Spartan tank.

FWIndexPreviewSpartan.jpg

We’ve seen the Land Raider already, and this thing is even tougher, killier and carries more guys. Those quad-lascannons are going to be able to take down pretty much anything over a few turns of firing, and that’s without even considering the fact that these things usually pack a complement of Adeptus Astartes elite combat troops inside.

Next up, let’s look at the Brass Scorpion.

FWIndexPreviewScorpion.jpg

This enormous Daemon Engine is a terror at close range. If you can get it in amongst the enemy army, it will flip battle tanks, shred infantry and pretty much just crush anything it can reach! Snip snip.

So there you go, a bit of a taste of what’s to come in those books.

Both Imperial Armour Index: Forces of the Adeptus Astartes and Imperial Armour Index: Forces of Chaos are available to order now.

• Like 1

Has ther error been discussed about the error in the index's?  Sisters of Battle say they can take special weapons but there is no special weapons list.  It says they can also take a ranged weapon  and a special or a heavy.  The index does not seem to make a distinction unless I am missing it.

Huge error if true,.

15 minutes ago, Lord Hanaur said:

Has ther error been discussed about the error in the index's?  Sisters of Battle say they can take special weapons but there is no special weapons list.  It says they can also take a ranged weapon  and a special or a heavy.  The index does not seem to make a distinction unless I am missing it.

Huge error if true,.

Page 90 is the special weapon list. Each Army's index has a list of wargear (usually on the first page of the list) which classifies weapons in the different categories.

Questions! I have questions!

Any word on how jump packs will work in 8th? I'm assuming Deep Strike, but am curious about the possibility for increased movement in the movement and/or charge phases. My suspicion is that the charge move will still be 2d6, else charging out of reserve could be too much of a sure thing for jump pack troops.

Also, the Forge World Xenos Index looks like it will have Eldar and Dark Eldar entries, but I don't see any sign of a full Eldar Corsair list. Any ideas about what will happen to the unique Forge World lists (that aren't just add-ons to existing armies)?

23 minutes ago, JMGraham said:

Any word on how jump packs will work in 8th? I'm assuming Deep Strike, but am curious about the possibility for increased movement in the movement and/or charge phases. My suspicion is that the charge move will still be 2d6, else charging out of reserve could be too much of a sure thing for jump pack troops.

Also, the Forge World Xenos Index looks like it will have Eldar and Dark Eldar entries, but I don't see any sign of a full Eldar Corsair list. Any ideas about what will happen to the unique Forge World lists (that aren't just add-ons to existing armies)?

Some JP units can deep strike. Most of them have a higher Move rating. They don't have a different charge.

As far as I've heard there isn't a specific Corsair list.

1 hour ago, JMGraham said:

I don't know about the Corsairs, but as far as jump troops go they still have around 12'' of movement, although it may be closer to 10'' now. Also, they have the Fly special rule which provides them with some bonuses like being able to fall back from combat and still being able to shoot and charge in the same turn in which they fell back, unlike most other troops. I don't know if Hammer of Wrath is still in the game in 8th, but that could be another benefit for jump troops as well. Also, assault marines have bolt pistols so they can shoot the unit they are engaged with in combat in their next shooting phase which is kind of neat. Lastly, jump troops can still deep strike, but can come down anywhere on the board without scattering as long as they're outside of 9'' of an enemy unit. Much more reliable now, especially since they can charge in the same turn they deep strike.  

5 hours ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

I'm really having a hard time seeing the value of Drop Pods at such a high cost.

I am wondering if they are priced assuming the doors count?  Recall GW was pushing for the to count in the old 7ed FAQ work in progress, perhaps based on their 8ed testing?  I can see 100 points being a fair price for a thing that doesn't scatter but takes up significant space on the board. 

30 minutes ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

That's another thing altogther, one of my pods opens, one does not.  

Think about a Gladius Drop Company that just went from free pods to over 100 pts a pop. A direct conversion has to add upwards of 1500 pts from 7th to 8th.

Yup..former builds are rendered not possible now.Im sure there will be some faction specific detatchements released as the work through new codexs in the coming years.

They have stated that vehicles are more expensive now and working on my first build for this ruleset,I can see I need to adjust for my Wolves..sheese,Rhinos are pretty much double the cost now.