OFCC 40K Team Event 2014

The same thing as always: an arbitrary judgement by people you've never met. :P

Seriously, though, last year there was some real BS that got through the list review. I know Chris's tournament list came through unscathed, and he places near the top in most everything he goes to; I also fought a Necron flyer spam army (three Night Scythes, two Doom Scythes) and a double-Heldrake army. If you wanna sell things as a casual event that's fine, but I'm not sure those are the kind of lists that should be making the cut- or certainly I've been told that those are not the kind of lists that should be making the cut.

• Like 2

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

Don't bring tourney lists bring a list you expect to lose some with. If you are optimizing all units and only taking best choice you may need to revisit your list.

I don't really have time to figure and paint too much new stuff. The list I've had for going on five years now was one that went in and held on for the long haul. Until objective secured cropped up it was middling now the same list is crushing when it comes to victory points from objectives. I was hoping to drop Hqs and just take my list with out them making my list unbound and there by softening it in one easy go. A random Sargent would have been the warlord and given the somewhat suicidal nature of my force would have been a great narrative. Now I will be forced into playing the game I'm really good at and that is positioning with objective secured guys that get the job done easily, but doesn't look great on paper... Lots of tools but nothing that will blow the enemy off the table.

Don't get me wrong I'll dial it back it just won't be as easy as ditching objective secured...

I'm just confused that we need such strict guidelines from the jump.  

I can't imagine a better event for unbound to be allowed.  As has rightly been pointed out, these lists are reviewed.  Nothing super crazy should get in.  Why add barriers?  

Meh, I guess I'll play my Orks then, since I don't have allies or FW in it.  

Well, I have too, but now I find out that I can't run it at OFCC because I have more than one ally and some FW units.  

So, I'm back to square one.  

Yeah, I had a list with Daemons primary, ally in some Crimson Slaughter Possessed, and the Formation: Helbrute Mayhem Pack. I have to kill one of those fun picks. Not exactly a power build, but it is more than two detachments. That makes it more OP than a Transcendant C'tan or anything Eldar, dontchaknow.

Funny, by removing the CSM detachment, the list will be more potent. :-)

Magnus