OFCC 40K Team Event 2014

• 2 weeks later...

Any idea if/when the scenarios will be posted? While I know it's been day-of for the 40k OFCC in the past, I'd like to make a case for having the scenarios out in advance. In no specific order:

*Our lists are already in, so folks won't tailor lists to missions.

*The OFCC is a hectic, busy, drunken event. Anything less that needs to be processed and comprehended on the day-of just adds to the fun and the enjoyment of the event. When I'm there, I don't want to have to worry about understanding new missions. I want to drink, play, and hang out with my friends.

*I can provide my opponents with a better play experience if I'm not trying to comprehend a scenarios rules on the day-of.

*Prepublishing the missions saves time on the day-of, makes set up go quicker, and provides more time for socialization.

*Having the missions in advance lets me extend my OFCC experience and gets me even more excited in the weeks leading up to the event.

*Unless the missions aren't done yet (which is totally legit, if that's the case), or if there is a narrative in it with specific surprises (I did this for Walpurgis), I can't think of any reasons why posting the scenarios in advance would create problems.

Just my 2 -cents, but I for one would really appreciate it if scenarios were posted in advance.

Respectfully,

JIm

EDIT: Oops! Didn't read the posts just above. It sounds like the missions will be released in podcast form?

• Like 5

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

Third.

With newer edition and those of us that don't play often this is one more thing that we can familiarize ourselves with.

I don't want to play to win but I don't want to make silly mistakes giving my games away because I couldn't recall all the scenarios.

I would like to socialize between rounds not furiously reread the scenario I am playing next.

Lastly a weekend before is all I would ask. I would love to platter but cool if not.

I personally learn better from reading than listening so if anyone wants to transcribe :p.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...