OFCC list feedback - AdMech/Knights

templar

I would say, your first question should always be "what is more important to me: winning, or everyone having fun." Because if you want to win all your games, then bring soup and who cares what you bring. But if you favor everyone having a good time, don't bring soup. Don't nitpick about efficiency, or "what's best in slot". Scribble something out using the "rule of cool" and start working on the hobby part of OFCC prep. 

But that's my two cents. 

The DG-Morty player here from WestRider's team. The list went 4-1. The list was Morty as warlord, Typhus, 30 poxwalkers, 40 cultists, 3 blightcrawlers, a daemon prince and cheap elite characters. I didnt exactly sweep any boards, but he is a unit that must be dealt with immediately. But mostly my opponents complained quite a bit when he sliced through whole units in a turn, they would say "He's very OP." I hadn't tweaked the army at all, Mortarion just got into combat like he's meant to. 

Regarding power levels, so basically no super heavies or OP cheap units like Morty should be brought? I should expect my opponents are going to bring 70-100 model armies focused on anti-horde, or vehicles and monstrous creatures with T<6? Or a unit that can kill another unit in a turn? Castellan is 600 points. When does he become balanced? Once he's 900 points and not worth taking? He's fine how he is costed now. (Or if the GW nerf rumors are true, then that cost.)

Played a game against daemon engines today with my 4 knight list, I lost all my knights and he was able to murder my cp battery. He brought an appropriate amount of lascannons and the game was really fun. Knights have big problems holding objectives. Personally, I don't think a knights only codex would be overpowered. My takeaway is that it is performance tweaks, not the models that you want to play should be left at home. Also, I believe in having some power variance in your teams. Not all players want to play horde armies. 

Otherwise: This is rock, scissors is fine, nerf paper. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sugarlessllama said:

I would say, your first question should always be "what is more important to me: winning, or everyone having fun." Because if you want to win all your games, then bring soup and who cares what you bring. But if you favor everyone having a good time, don't bring soup. Don't nitpick about efficiency, or "what's best in slot". Scribble something out using the "rule of cool" and start working on the hobby part of OFCC prep. 

But that's my two cents. 

Soup doesn't mean you will win. Soup can have the fluffiest reasons around. 

It's player skill that makes or break a list. In the hands of someone nonot use to a list they can take the lvo winning list and lose 20 out of 20 games. In the hand of someone better they can go 10 out of 20.

Lists matter, but a model does not make or break a list. It's the player skill and use of that list. 

11 hours ago, Lord Hanaur said:

So whats the latest iteration of the list after all this...uh...input?

Latest iteration of the list is that the list is staying on it's shelf and being replaced with something else because of the perceived 'fun' that standing across from a Castellan is.

@WestRider If the Castellan cost more points, would that balance it? If points is the only balance issue, a list creation alternative would be to make a list with less than the total points allowed, so as to compensate for the "correct" cost.

How many points should the Castellan be?

2 hours ago, paxmiles said:

@WestRider If the Castellan cost more points, would that balance it? If points is the only balance issue, a list creation alternative would be to make a list with less than the total points allowed, so as to compensate for the "correct" cost.

How many points should the Castellan be?

A worthy topic for another thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1