RUMOR: Bretonnians Mid July

So what does this mean for the OFCC if true?  I think that the new army book should be allowed.  Especially since the OFCC would be 2 months away with a mid July release. Plenty of time to get in some games.  Might be tight on building, painting and testing new units though but a dedicated Bretonnian would make it happen.

So what does this mean for the OFCC if true?  I think that the new army book should be allowed.  Especially since the OFCC would be 2 months away with a mid July release. Plenty of time to get in some games.  Might be tight on building, painting and testing new units though but a dedicated Bretonnian would make it happen.

"A dedicated Bretonnian" would be drinking, whoring and hunting. In that order. :)

Should be great to have some new bretonnians to play with! :)

• Like 1

New book in July misses the ratings deadline but f-that! Not allowing a new Bret book when it is out a couple months before the event would be like Kicking all the Bret players in the nuts... more. (actually now that I mention it....)

That'll be the last of the "not been updates foreva's" books leaving what? Skaven and Beasts as the only remaining non-8th edition books?

I wonder if they will get a monsterous cav choice.

Not saying they won't get a new one but remember they have Pegasus Knights which are MC. I do expect new models though.

I just wonder if they are still going to stick closely to the Arthurian legend or if they willexpand and update the army to the timeline more. Thinking of France and England in the 1500's with magic.

Not ASF, just devastating charge.  Any true Bret player knows what it's like to suffer from the "rubber lance".  THis is why I think devastating charge will counter balance that.  Sure, there will be times when you don't get the rubber lance going.  However, we're also talking about unit of 9-12 models.  They aren't cheap either.

@Mojo- Bret's are already good.  I don't think they need a lot of new stuff.  I would just like to see them get devastating charge.  It also gives me a vision of watching knights tear through infantry when they hit thme in the lance formaiton.

@dkieft- Might as well ;)

I honestly hope they keep Knights similar in terms of efficacy-per-point, as I think they're fine today.  But I would love to see changes to make them more "Knightly".  Stuff like:

- all Knights are Immune to Psych on the charge

- Knights with a Damsel in their unit are Stubborn, or ItP, or re-roll breaks, whatever… something chivalrous when protecting a maiden fair

- Knights re-roll to hit when using a Lance, or something to show their unmatched prowess with the weapon

I also would like to see Men at Arms go down a point and/or get WS3, and have "Conscripts" at WS2, with different models that aren't so soldierly for the conscripts.

I also would love new Knight models with optional helm-crests, I hate the built-in trophy-heads on the current models but they are otherwise great.

Getting rid of Pegasus Knights would be fine, I think they're too "magical" for a unit and should be reserved for characters (heroes) only.

And since I'm going for my wish-list, I'd be stoked to see foot knights and a great arsenal of magic swords, shields and armor.

I'd be fine with only Grail Knights having the Blessing, as a straight-up 5+ Ward to keep it simple.  The rest of the Knights are working on earning the Blessing :)

I would love a "Grail Shrine" similar to the Cauldron of Blood for Knights, and Pilgrims.  Pilgrims should do away with the Reliquae and just be a Stubborn or even Unbreakable unit of zealots.

Okay I'm done dreaming :P

• Like 1