Brutal but Kunnin' - Kunnin' but Brutal (Ork Rumors?)

pretre

1. Get Warboss
2. Get additional Warlord trait relic
3. Get boarding planks
4. Paint battlewagon red
5. Try to roll Master of the Vanguard warlord trait, reroll if necessary

Drive 19" first turn. Second turn, move 6", disembark 6", run d6+1", charge 2d6+3", reroll one dice. Say hi to an average 46" reach in turn 2.
  • Like 1

1. Get Warboss

2. Get additional Warlord trait relic

3. Get boarding planks

4. Paint battlewagon red

5. Try to roll Master of the Vanguard warlord trait, reroll if necessary

Drive 19" first turn. Second turn, move 6", disembark 6", run d6+1", charge 2d6+3", reroll one dice. Say hi to an average 46" reach in turn 2.

Holy crap!

That makes me very very happy.  

Also, just a straight up force in trukks is going to be nasty.  

In 6th, Dale was throwing lots of trukks in my face and it was effective, in 7th, with a better damage table, and more things that can get trukks as dedicated transports, I see lots of turn 2 pressure from speed freak armies.  

Also, running and then assaulting is pretty strong even for a foot force.  6" + D6" + 6" + D6" + 2d6" is 28" on average not accounting for cover.  More likely a turn 3 threat from infantry forces, but, still, NICE.  

So, I just have to say love my wife. I was torturing myself with the responsible choice on which Ork Codex to get... I was like Ooooh warboss limited edition! So I'm basically resigned to getting the basic book but the wife comes in with his much is it? Then how much is the regular book? What do you get special? I'm listing the stuff and I get to the art and she is like can we frame it? I say yes and she was like order it... I ask her what and she was like I didn't stutter get it!

Yay me like orks!

• Like 7

So, I just have to say love my wife. I was torturing myself with the responsible choice on which Ork Codex to get... I was like Ooooh warboss limited edition! So I'm basically resigned to getting the basic book but the wife comes in with his much is it? Then how much is the regular book? What do you get special? I'm listing the stuff and I get to the art and she is like can we frame it? I say yes and she was like order it... I ask her what and she was like I didn't stutter get it!

Yay me like orks!

That's hella awesome bro!

Your wife is an amazing woman.

I enjoy every chance I get hanging out with the both of you.

That seems about what I was expecting.  

Apparently Dakka is full of whining about how the new mob rules screw over orks.  To me, now knowing that even if I fail a leadership test, as long as my Nob with BP is alive and they are in combat, they have a 75% chance of sticking around, whereas before, needing to roll low leadership twice was almost impossible.  

I tend to focus on forums where I already know people.  

Well... I started on Dakka when it was the league site for the DakkaDakka brick and mortar store in Manchester, NH.

There I am in the back right 

MVC-040S.JPG

Of course, it's been years since that store closed, Russ sold the website to Yak, etc, but I still have roots there and a couple of my buddies from back in the day still post. Mostly, it is wretched hive of scum and villany though (better than the other big sites though).