Changes in 7th edition

Threejacks

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

This also impacts targeting skimmers too? Or can sky fire still fire full bs at skimmers?

If this changed I think that would be biggest impact as most things didn't have both skyfire and intercept. Though quad took a big hit.

So last night I played against "that" tzeentch list. Yeah, the one with 18 +d6 warp charges....
It took about 20 mins for my opponent to work out all his powers...
Turn 1 psychic phase took about 45 min. Just the psychic phase.
My psychic phase was MUCH shorter. He pretty much denied EVERYTHING!
I took a SW Rune priest... Does my runic sword still work on a 4+? If that fails can I still use my deny dice pool? What do my SW powers count as charge-wise? Can I activate multiple powers now?
Lots of questions about the transition....

The most confusing power was Flickering Flame. How do you deal with the variable warp charges? Messy discussion!

Oh, and the new mission cards are very interesting!

EDIT: chariots are not that tough in CC.. challenged out the champion, crushed the chariot! with blood claws...

• Like 1

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

Do you think psychic phase was long because of newness or it is just a new thing. It seems like the same issues apply to a horde player... Know plan and stick with it so you don't slow play.

Any perils done? Seems like they hoped the internal balance of the warp charges is based on perils happening more frequently.

I feel that Chariots are not that tough in general...the key is going to be who is in the chariot as I strongly feel that Command Barges are going to be even more the rage.

I also feel the biggest change this edition is the clarity or ease of comprehending the rules as a whole. At least I feel less confused after I read something for the first time through so far.

Doc,

Gotta ask, how were the Pink Horrors aside from acting as Warp Charge batteries? And how often was he able to get flickering fires off?

We only played 2 turns... In 2 hours... He fired it off twice.

Flamers were actually quite effective at shooting in the psychic phase.

Do you think psychic phase was long because of newness or it is just a new thing. It seems like the same issues apply to a horde player... Know plan and stick with it so you don't slow play.

Any perils done? Seems like they hoped the internal balance of the warp charges is based on perils happening more frequently.

I think the problem is a the number of powers a tzeentch player can roll for, the number of tests they gets to roll, and then the number, (Or lack of on my SW part) DtW I get to do. With so many units having more than one power, and no limit on how many you can fire off (as far as we read in the rules), it was just a LONG phase for that army.

In 6e they still did plenty of psychic stuff, but it went a lot faster. Some of the new powers make tzeentch extra annoying... 2+ invuls re rolling fails is filthy!

There were a couple of perils, but with tzeentch's +3 to leadership there was very little harm done.

Played Death Wing vs. Dark Eldar yesterday. The new Reserves rules do not state anything about how much of your force can be held in reserves. We played it as I could reserve my entire Death Wing and deep strike everyone in on turn one using the Death Wing Assault rules.

Does it sounds like we played it right or did I miss something in the book regarding reserves?

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

Most people agree that is cool but rule for auto lose if tabled is there, so only armies that can deep strike turn 1 can do this.

• Like 2