Mycetic Spore is Back!

fluger

Nids don't really have much of anything droppable that's expensive enough to get a really good cost ratio on that. A Combat Fex (as usually kitted out) is only 135. 150 for a Stone-Crusher. Even the Toxicrene is only 160. I think it's gonna be the Warrior-class stuff where it really ends up being worthwhile, if anything.

This tyranid pod is an oddity, is it possible that the value of the pod is in the pod itself, with the transported unit being the excess cost? As opposed to SM pod armies, where the pod is the excess cost.

If anything, this guy strikes me as a tyranid monolith, at least in terms of how to use it. DS, shot in all directions with limited BS and spit out infantry.... Interesting bits are how cheap it is and how it's a DS transport that doesn't go immobile after landing, if I'm reading it right.

Yeah, it definitely needs to be used differently. Also, I ran some numbers on a few common weapons, and while it is vulnerable to small arms fire in a way that Drop Pods aren't, it's at least equally durable against Autocannon/Missile Pod fire if you can get 5+ Cover/FNP, and more durable against Serpent Shields. And if the stuff dropping out and/or coming up from your DZ isn't also helping soak at least some of that small arms fire, I think you're probably doing something wrong.

I just love the fact that with all of these tentacles and weird designs that no bug player can transport their army in a nice condensed foam case.

It can be done, but requires much conversion. You need to wrap the tentacles around solid portions of the model or the basing, scything talons folded and so forth. Not really worth the effort.

Dark Eldar have always had similar issues, though they also have less durable models due to skinny wrists and ankles.

I miss the two piece gaunts, sometimes.

Natfka posted a supposed release list: http://natfka.blogspot.nl/2014/11/complete-release-list-for-next-week.html

Tyranid Venomthropes/Zoanthropes 3 models $66

Shield of Baal: Leviathan Slipcased Two-Volume Set $74.25

Shield of Baal: Leviathan Digital Edition

Invasion Swarms: Tyrand Painting Guide $33

Invasion Swarms: Tyrand Painting Guide Digital Edition

Ultimate Paint Set 160 paints $560

Citadel Project Box $65

Citadel Army Case in either 40k or Fantasy designs $105

Citadel Cutting Mat %15

Citadel Palette Pad 20 sheets $8

Citadel Water Pot and Bitz Box $17

Shield of Baal: Tempestus Hardback Novella 128pgs $20