Why the End Times is stupid

I AM LOVING END TIMES!!

My favorite part is reading all the crying and complaining about it. 9th isn't even here yet, damn. This thread is entertaining, would any of you like some cheese?

GO FORCES OF DESTRUCTION!!!!

Which is what makes you a troll... ;)

And please tell me how one man who lived is going to use magic to populate a whole new lifeless orb that was floating in the void...and he's going to make all the races come back..even the evil ones.....yeah...no....that is stupid....End Times is stupid. Chaos has billions of planets to be concerned with...yet we haven't read one instance of where Chaos destroyed a planet completely in 40K. Please..point that one out. No...they even have planets in the eye of terror...but the old world..nope..it had to be wiped out completely. Cuz GW is dumb.

.yet we haven't read one instance of where Chaos destroyed a planet completely in 40K. Please..point that one out. No...they even have planets in the eye of terror...but the old world..nope..it had to be wiped out completely. Cuz GW is dumb.

- The Daemon World of Harmony (site of many Emperor's Children warbands) was destroyed by chaos when they plunged an entire ship into the center of the planet and destroyed it. (Abaddon is a dick.)

- St. Josmane's Hope was destroyed entirely during the 13th black crusade

- Cardinal World of Savaven during the Gothic War

- During Abaddon's 13th Black Crusade the Planet Killer was used to destroy the worlds of Macharia (Obscurus) and Urthwart.

- The assault on Arimaspia: Abaddon left the Planet Killer under the command of Malefica Arkham, who was supposed to launch a diversionary attack against Arimaspia. Arkham succeeded to destroy two of the five planets in the system.

That's about 2 minutes of googling. There are plenty more, I'm sure.

• Like 1

- The Daemon World of Harmony (site of many Emperor's Children warbands) was destroyed by chaos when they plunged an entire ship into the center of the planet and destroyed it. (Abaddon is a dick.) - not destroyed by chaos, wracked horribly by abbadon..but not chaos.

- St. Josmane's Hope was destroyed entirely during the 13th black crusade - not destroyed by chaos

- Cardinal World of Savaven during the Gothic War - killed by a Planetkiller space ship...not by chaos

- During Abaddon's 13th Black Crusade the Planet Killer was used to destroy the worlds of Macharia (Obscurus) and Urthwart.

- The assault on Arimaspia: Abaddon left the Planet Killer under the command of Malefica Arkham, who was supposed to launch a diversionary attack against Arimaspia. Arkham succeeded to destroy two of the five planets in the system.

That's about 2 minutes of googling. There are plenty more, I'm sure.

So after two minutes of googling, you found not one single instance of the gods of Chaos destroying a planet. You found plenty of instances of the chaos marine vessel, planetkiller class, blowing stuff up...but no instance of the gods doing it. Or are you now claiming that a planetkiller blew up the old world?

Caliban was destroyed by the imperial navy...not chaos. There is a context here...you must have missed it.

I'm sorry but it's the same thing. The gods of chaos often work through mortal or at least physical instruments (ie Abaddon, Archaon, etc)

If you want to get down to it, you'd be hard pressed to find the actual Gods doing anything. They work through emissaries in both the old world and 40k.

Also, not all those were planet killer and, with the exception of Caliban (which I dispute) they were all clearly chaos.

In fact, the great butt hurt fluff here:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-jETvpvbvKBU/VQAq2iqrHCI/AAAAAAABbRY/qVqeVLbuCCY/s1600/B_zAz5cWcAAZu0A.jpg

Says nothing of direct involvement of the chaos gods. Simply that they savored their victory.

Also, don't cyclonic torpedoes create a rift at the heart of the planet? Hmm. Maybe the old world was just ended by Exterminatus...

The fanboy is strong with this one....

The name calling instead of substantive arguments is strong with this one... ;)

Seriously, I get it. Fantasy is a microcosm of the greater conflict and we feel the old worlds loss more strongly than any other world. That doesn't mean it is unique, however.

Pretre, I get what you are saying, and when taken in context of the old world being part of the 40k universe it totally makes sense.

But, last I looked, there is no hard connection between the two. While there have always been theories and parallels connecting both universes they have never been one in the same.

So, while in context of them being connected your points could be very valid, in actuality they fall into more of a "What if" type scenario... I mean unless I missed some official connection they recently added.

When talking about what the chaos gods would or wouldn't do, I think the comparison is valid. They are the same gods and same motivations in either universe. That and the fact that there are numerous canon connections between the two at this point.

Same Chaos Gods two different realities. At the end of the last End Times book they mention the Chaos Gods destroying all of that reality, but one soul, and then they got bored and moved on to the next reality to destroy.

So they are the same gods, I will give you that, but the realities are different. Samething happened in ET Khaine when Lileath helped Eldyra create a new reality so the Elven spirit can begin a new on a new world in a new reality.

Also Brother G let's not call Pretre names or get mad at each other here. He is just argueing the counter point which honestly is needed in a discussion like this. Our opinions on the out come of End Times will differ and I am lf the same mind as you, I didn't like it. Pretre though has not read the ET fluff and is just reporting from his stand point as an outside viewer but his knowledge of 40K is quite extensive.

In the end (pun mildly intended) what happened happened. Will 9th suck or will it be amazing or somewhere inbetween? We will have to wait and see. But I have stated it before it will be no easy task for GW to pull this off.

(On a side note the author of ET Archaon did apologize for the contradictory parts of the stories from one book to the next)

From his Twitter feed.

"Why is Eldyra in the book? Wasn't she turned into a goddess?

Ah. I've been waiting on this one. Eldyra's presence in The Lord of the End Times is what we, in the biz, like to call a '***** up.' Mostly on my part, I think.

See, what happened was, I included her in the book because I thought her final fate hadn't been covered by anyone else, and I thought it wasn't exactly fair to turn her into a vampire in the first book and then never mention her again. Too, the fifth ET book was pretty light on female characters. So, I put her in, and decided to give her and Tyrion a last moment for some (probably unnecessary) pathos. Just to twist the knife a bit before the end.

What I didn't *know* at the time, was that she'd been turned into a goddess in ET: Khaine. I didn't find that out until after this book was already at the printers. By the time I learned about it, it was too late to hack those bits out.

Frankly, it was my fault for not triple-checking. Just like leaving out Alith Anar and Skarsnik. It's filed under 'Things I Could Have Done Better If I'd Had The Time'.

That said, you can always make the case that she's not really Eldyra, but rather what's left of Eldyra after Lileath snatches her soul and deposits it in the Haven. An undead husk of the last princess of Tiranoc, desperately seeking absolution from the one person she trusts to give it to her."

Honestly if you want official gw info on the connection of the 40k universe and warhammer fantasy universe all you have to do is read the Realms of Chaos books: The Lost and the Damned and Slaves to Darkness. They had rules for Chaos space marines in the old world. I have fought several Chaos marines in warhammer fantasy roleplay.

• Like 1

Same Chaos Gods two different realities. At the end of the last End Times book they mention the Chaos Gods destroying all of that reality, but one soul, and then they got bored and moved on to the next reality to destroy.

So they are the same gods, I will give you that, but the realities are different. Samething happened in ET Khaine when Lileath helped Eldyra create a new reality so the Elven spirit can begin a new on a new world in a new reality.

Also Brother G let's not call Pretre names or get mad at each other here. He is just argueing the counter point which honestly is needed in a discussion like this. Our opinions on the out come of End Times will differ and I am lf the same mind as you, I didn't like it. Pretre though has not read the ET fluff and is just reporting from his stand point as an outside viewer but his knowledge of 40K is quite extensive.

They actually don't say they destroyed all of that reality.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-jETvpvbvKBU/VQAq2iqrHCI/AAAAAAABbRY/qVqeVLbuCCY/s1600/B_zAz5cWcAAZu0A.jpg

They say they destroyed the whole world. Their use of the world reality was to just show how the warp works. It was not to say that they destroyed the universe or that reality. Just that world. It, in fact, says they are moving on to other worlds, not other realities.

I've actually looked at quite a bit of End TImes. I have to to confirm rumors. :)

Fine, I'll say it in the non-nerdy way. Gosh, Pretre is a huge fan of GW to keep defending them so much.

You still don't get it after all this time? I'm not defending GW. Anytime I end up defending GW is largely coincidental.

I debate here (and other places) for several reasons: I enjoy debating. I dislike when people make incorrect statements . I dislike when people cast opinion as fact. etc. so on.

It just so happens that the best place to find those particular set of circumstances is to argue on GW's side.

And yet, you still decide to just dismiss me as a fanboy... /sigh.

• Like 3