Codex Eldar confirmed

pretre

That's a lot of data. I don't have an easily accessible version for that.

I wasn't coming up with it, either.  Dug around on 4chan for a hot minute.  The 500 was a guess on the basic Guardian Battlehost.  100 on the Farseer, 270 on the guardians. 

"Twenty new datasheets for the Eldar"  I don't have the Warzone book, but looking at the Datasheet icon, I'd wager it is an Apoc Datasheet, not a standard sheet.

Yep. Just as Codex: Adeptus Astartes Blood Angels isn't Codex: Adeptus Astartes

I think it's both Codex: Adeptus Astartes and Codex: Blood Angels.

I don't think it matters now, but I think GW's planning to have it matter in the future.

That said, I think it is notable that the 40k factions are based on "codex title", so if they are not codex eldar, but codex craftworld, then who can they ally with?

I think it's both Codex: Adeptus Astartes and Codex: Blood Angels.

I don't think it matters now, but I think GW's planning to have it matter in the future.

That said, I think it is notable that the 40k factions are based on "codex title", so if they are not codex eldar, but codex craftworld, then who can they ally with?

I'm guessing they have an ally table in the book.

Also, aren't allies based on Faction and not book?

This is where a codex being two books would matter.

page 118 discusses factions.

The notable feature is that Eldar is a faction, while codex harlequin and codex craftworld are not (unless their books say otherwise), as they are not "older publications."

As written, a CAD or allied detachment can include unit selections by faction, not by codex/book. This also means that allied detachments from the same faction are invalid options.

Right, so it being Codex: Eldar only matters for things that specifically refer to Codex: Eldar.

Yeah, I think that's it. It is both codex eldar and codex craftworld.

Would not be surprised if GW releases units with preferred enemy (craftworld), or similar type things.

The removal of Codex: Eldar and Iyanden from the webpage, and the availability of Harlies and Craftworlds support that there is no argument.  :)

Though I agree with you, it would mostly solve the ITC issue if codex Eldar were still current...