Codex Eldar confirmed

pretre

Really? Mysterious Objectives; Terrain using the datasheets in the book; Roll for Night Fighting/Choose Night Fighting; Unrestricted list creation; Unbound; Exact measurement of vanguard strike; Random deployment zones; Terrain setup at start of game, not presetup.

I highly doubt it.

Are you confusing the book with something else?

Players are free to agree to use or not use elements of the rules as per the BRB. Typically mysterious objectives and night fight are only used if one of the players remembers/wants to use them. We do have unrestricted list creation (point limits and no duplicate unique as per the BRB). Unbound is legal, though uncommon. Joel rolls random missions and deployment. All players play the same mission and deployment as per joel's roll. Terrain is set up by players at the start of the game.

As for "exact measurements" we do measure, but we're not rules nazis. It doesn't have to be perfect. It should be an honest attempt at following the rules, but we're not going to be getting a supervisor if the angle isn't perfect. GG sells beer, after all...

The difference is a Chapter Master on a bike takes his save against the meta, fails and takes a single wound.

With a D weapons, he fails his save and he is dead. With a single shot.

The chapter master rolls 2+ and passes the wound to someone else.

It's the Attack bike that is impaired by the D weapons.

How in the name of all that is holy would having MORE detachments and no hard caps not also help the Eldar dex?  

Which is more powerful?  

6 units of 10 jetbikes or 12 units of 5 jetbikes?  

Whatever additional restrictions are on the game (or not) will STILL favor the units that are already good.  

Agree that good units will stay good.

As for the squad sizes, it really just depends on other elements of the game/army. For example, psychic buffs which target a single unit would have an improved effect on a larger unit.

Yeah but a melta doesn't pen ANYTHING on a 3+. Melta also need to be within 6 to reliably pen what they pen. D can do it from any range.

No, melta needs to be within half range to get extra dice on the damage pen roll. They can still pen at full range, provided weapon strength is sufficient.

I am talking about Wraith Guard D weapons, which are the ones rumored to be -1 on the table and the ones that are rumored to be spam-able. Wraith guard have 12" D weapons and 9" flamer D weapons.

Are you confusing the book with something else?

Players are free to agree to use or not use elements of the rules as per the BRB. Typically mysterious objectives and night fight are only used if one of the players remembers/wants to use them. We do have unrestricted list creation (point limits and no duplicate unique as per the BRB). Unbound is legal, though uncommon. Joel rolls random missions and deployment. All players play the same mission and deployment as per joel's roll. Terrain is set up by players at the start of the game.

You're confusing your arguments. If you are free to use or not use elements of the rules, then limited detachments and hard caps on types of units is 'playing the game GW is selling' just as unlimited detachments and no caps is. If you can only play the game as written, then not using night fight or mysterious objectives is the same as not playing with limited detachments and hard caps. i.e. It isn't playing the game GW is selling.

I understand why players that want to play with a limited number of detachments and hard caps on types unit, would be annoyed with this codex, but the rest of the players, the ones playing the game that GW is selling, should find man-portable D weapons to be nothing new or overly difficult to cope with.

Well I'd rather have a weapon which pens on a 3+ at 12 then a weapon which reliably needs to be within 6 to pen.

Not to mention the fact that a melta if it pens has a 1/3 chance to destroy a vehicle in one shot if it pens. A D weapons glances it to death with a single hit.

You mean before saves. And only against high AV with melta guns specifically.

You're confusing your arguments. If you are free to use or not use elements of the rules, then limited detachments and hard caps on types of units is 'playing the game GW is selling' just as unlimited detachments and no caps is. If you can only play the game as written, then not using night fight or mysterious objectives is the same as not playing with limited detachments and hard caps. i.e. It isn't playing the game GW is selling.

Players are free to agree on rules before a game.

If players want to play with self-imposed restrictions on the the GW game, they certainly can. GW is selling the game without the restrictions. My point was that it was reasonable for GW to create a codex that plays well with the other things in their unrestricted game.

As I said before, I do understand that players who play with imposed restrictions on their list creation will have issues with the eldar codex. It is natural.

That said, the game is much more enjoyable if you can just embrace the insanity of it and just play the damn game.

Really? Mysterious Objectives; Terrain using the datasheets in the book; Roll for Night Fighting/Choose Night Fighting; Unrestricted list creation; Unbound; Exact measurement of vanguard strike; Random deployment zones; Terrain setup at start of game, not presetup.

I highly doubt it.

Also don't forget the "roll to pick which system of picking missions we'll use" roll that no one ever does.

Eldritch Storm has two cast modes: WC 3 or WC 4. 

WC 3 24''- str 3 ap 3 large blast, fleshbane, haywire, pinning 

WC 4 24''- str 3 ap 3 Apocalyptic blast, fleshbane, haywire, pinning. 

There's also a 15 pt relic that makes a spell a turn 1 less WC to cast. Also farseers can re-roll a psychic test each turn.

• Like 1

Out of curiosity, did we ever get a confirmation of he prism cannons profile?  Then the follow up question would be, if the other two have to sacrifice their shot to bolster another?

Cause, thinking alone the base profiles from the past... 3  str-7 ap 2 large blasts for 345 points from is an interesting thought.

OK, I trawled through that 4chan thread and I gotta say that outside of the scatterbikes, this dex is just REALLY good, but not over the top.  Honestly, if you put scatter lasers at 15 pts and limit them 1:3, then this is just a great dex.  

Now, take that from someone who doesn't care about D weapons in the slightest.  IMO, D weapons are really only at their peak against Monstrous Creatures, as S10 AP1 is about as likely to one-shot a vehicle.  The stupid thing about MCs compared to Vehicles is that they could almost NEVER be one-shot.  Now, with more D weapons, they can be.  Also, I'm not shedding any tears for Centurions or other deathstars or even knights.

Just my opinion as a garage gamer.  So take that with a table of salt.  

• Like 6