Circular Debates over Assault Rules - Was: New C:SM Stuff

pretre

Trying to avoid that. I'm thinking my best option may be just chopping the old pads apart completely with clippers, because I can get good angles on parts of them at a time, and then can get more after. And all the scraped up stuff that stays on the model should be under the new pad.

• Like 1

Pics:

1919886d2c.jpg

fbccdf8590.jpg

b3a386b6ae.jpg

f8cc2d30de.jpg

f8cc2d30de.jpg

2715b07c25.jpg

27929f6144.jpg

69b96c454d.jpg

Automatically Appended Next Post:

The Devs look nice enough, but I quite honestly had no problem with the old kit.

Interesting to see Battleforces make a comeback, but the content (especially the DA one) is pretty low. Might be made up for on savings, though.

No photos so far but a poster on a german board posted today he already got the White Dwarf for the week after the next and it shows a new Space Marine Librarian model and the aforementioned Dark Angels Interrogator Chaplain for week 3.

I read it and call it BS.

Ok it is actually true. I got a picture of the new Interrogator Chaplain where you can see a part of the staff of the new Librarian...

qw7rh3K.jpg

My biggest hope for the new dex is that they balance out the costs of heavy and special weapons. 

I really wish that, on space marines at least, the flamer and the heavy bolter would be free swaps.  Making flakk come automatically is a good step towards making the ML more viable.  Plasma cannons, I'm just not sure what they need.  Maybe a points drop, like to 10 pts... 

I expect this about as much as I expect any change I'm hoping for...

• Like 1

My biggest hope for the new dex is that they balance out the costs of heavy and special weapons. 

I really wish that, on space marines at least, the flamer and the heavy bolter would be free swaps.  Making flakk come automatically is a good step towards making the ML more viable.  Plasma cannons, I'm just not sure what they need.  Maybe a points drop, like to 10 pts... 

I think the Heavy Bolter should be free on Devs and either free or 5pts everywhere else; Flamers I'm fine with at 5pts, as Flamers are actually fairly decent weapons these days. Missiles should probably be 15 with Flakk included, but. Plasma Cannons seem like the odd man out these days- it's just too unreliable, too short-ranged, and too specialized to really be an attractive gun most of the time. Grav being an option is interesting, but I don't really expect it will see a lot of use due to the range issue- who walks units within 24" of Devs, anyways?

I'd really like to see Termies get access to more heavy weapons, but that's pretty unlikely. They seriously need something, though.

If grav cannons are salvo, then maybe in pods?  Since you lose some shots but are still BS4? 

Speaking of, would be nice if GW adopts FW's pod rules where the models aren't forced to disembark from the drop pod.

Lol powerfist on a chaplain? Thanks, but no thanks. How hard is it to carve that arm off?

The DA Interrogator Chappy has the profile of the SM captain (in their current books). So he's got 4 fist swings on the charge, re-rolling hits due to zealot.

Anyway, probably not worth is and the arm looks easy enough to remove (probably it's own bit for the entire arm and shoulder pad.)

Glad I finally picked up that finecast librarian- found a good cast back of shelf at Rainy Day.

So, the only PA librarian has an axe, the plastic DV one has a sword, and we have yet another terminator librarian, where we already have 2 and a finecast.

Meanwhile, the old (mind, I do like the model, but it has size issues) terminator captain is still in use, and the plastic captain is Strike Force Ultra only. And the Chaplain is still finecast.

What they should have done, IMHO, is make a modular PA librarian kit (like the Commander kit, it's still a good kit).

They make weird decisions across the pond.

What they should have done, IMHO, is make a modular PA librarian kit (like the Commander kit, it's still a good kit).

Except the GK strike force is basically a 5-pack of PA libbies. The GK terminators are basically a 5-pack of TDA libbies. Just paint them blue. Shortened halberds are axes, they have swords and staves and a very capatible with the other TDA and PA bits.