Circular Debates over Assault Rules - Was: New C:SM Stuff

pretre

On a side note, people often complain about the HB+Las LR due to the unrelated weaponry. A grav cannon and two TL lascannons seems like a similar set of odd weapons.

I think it's a lot less so- the Lascannons and Grav are both good against heavy infantry and medium/heavy vehicles, even if their ranges are fairly different. A lot will depend on the cost/transport capacity of it, though- if it's 250pts and 10cap still, I'd call it a pretty decent tank. If it's one of the 5cap ones and 270+, it's probably not any good.

Also I'll second your desire for a more "passive" Marine HQ. Librarians do okay with this, but just having a guy to hand out some special rules from the backfield (Tank Hunter, anyone?) could be nice.

• Like 3

Tactical Authority, Targeting Data-Skull, and Orbital Array are all potentially really strong rules- however, a lot remains to be seen on the point costs. I'm rather surprised, though, both these units are actually distinct from their precursors and have something beyond just one sh*tty extra gun and a single useless special rule. Kudos to GW on that.

WoW glad I don't use that forum. The guys are a***

I don't think you understand 4chan very well.

• Like 2

Apparently they cost 400 Points for both of them together. That seems like a pretty usable price point to me at first glance.

Well, the FW Command Rhino is 75pts and the base land raider is 250pts, so it's only 75pts more.

Independently. That's in the screen shot.

You put it in "spoiler" format, so I missed it. Thanks for posting those.

Anyway, yeah, I can certainly see fielding this as an HQ slot for my DA (which it says we can do), even if it doesn't qualify as the mandatory HQ and is 400pts.

LRE gives that Tactical Authority ability which is amazing for Marines in general, as they really don't have enough interceptor or skyfire options. It's otherwise a non-dedicated LR transport that doesn't award extra points in missions where heavy or fast slots are worth extra VP.

RP is a lesser Deathstrike, which is also a transport and has a good support option for backfield units in the servo skull hub ability. Best bit is that I've been working on a custom Command Rhino anyway...

Basically, if I include these, I don't need two transports for my troops slots. That makes it at least 70pts saved.