New Forge World

125 naked sure but once you start putting on guns such as the redeemer it is worth more.

Land raider at 125 then able to add options

60 points for redeemer sponsons

15 for machine spirit

Yeah, maybe 125 without weapons or special rules. Especially if it couldn't transport bulky models.

125 for an AV 14 Assault Rhino is over priced.

Dunno, 125pts for an av14 on all sides rhino? I'd pay that.

Especially given the Land Raider lacks fire points. I'd love a land raider with fire points. Don't forget the ramming rules you can use with Land Raiders.

So, curious, what isn't overpriced for SM (or my DA) in your eyes?

Mostly the stuff that everyone spams or would spam more if it fit into battle company.

Librarians, Grav, Centurions, Thunderfire Cannons, Scouts, Shield Eternal.  Those are all either fairly priced or else underpriced.

All the free gear you get in battle company becomes underpriced because you aren't paying for it and some marginal stuff becomes fair because you get ob sec on it (like single attack bikes, though, the advantage also is that they are cheap for filling out the required slots).  

Virtually the entirety of the heavy support section is overpriced, definitely the vehicles.  Assault Marines, Terminators, and just plain ol' Tactical marines still need help.  

This goes to a bigger discussion about how GW assigns points values.  Sometimes, in the context of a codex, it makes sense to offer a massive discount on a unit because otherwise there is no reason to bring it.  

Terminators are a classic example.  Yes, if you take the baseline 14 pt marine and start stacking on gear you get close to their 35 pts.  But, that is actually a factor of GW overpricing several things (25 pts for a power fist is ludicrous).  I'd put terminators at about 25 pts a pop honestly.  Either that or find a way to re-evaluate how effective terminator armor is.  One thing that I think would work really well is saying that terminator armor adds one wound.  Having run meganobz for a while now, I can honestly say that having that second wound is what makes them so good at wading in to big groups and killing them wholesale.  Sure the lack of an invul means that anything with AP2 and S8 or better just messily ends them, but that's fine.  Terminators should have something akin to that level of invulnerability to small arms but have a better chance of resisting AP2 (hence the built in invul save).  Sure that would make SM characters in terminator armor even tougher (I'd revisit the shield eternal for one!), but most SM characters right now are on bikes or else in vehicles.  

• Like 1

Upgrade Kits for Skitarii for 40k.

23.50# 

99550108159_SecutariiPeltasts02.jpg

99550108158_SecutariiHoplites02.jpg

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/PDF/Downloads//Secutarii_Titan_Guard_Download.pdf

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/New

I like the Hoplites, physically, but the Peltasts ability to give Shrouding to a unit without a psychic roll is pretty smexy.  Double down to shroud a SH.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

99560101403_SokarPatternStormbird05.jpg

99560101403_SokarPatternStormbird03.jpg

99560101403_SokarPatternStormbird08.jpg

Costing 750# we have the sexy, sleek SOKAR PATTERN STORMBIRD!

This 850pt 14/13/12 Superheavy Flier has 12 Hull Points and 2 Void Shields it can project 12" from it's wings/hull if it hasn't moved, and yes, it has Hover.  It has a transport of 50, with a single Rhino counting as 25.  Dreads Count as 10, and are not restricted, unlike other recent Super Heavy Transports.  The Sokar Pattern Stormbird is a Lords of War choice for any Detachment with the Space Marines, Blood Angels, Dark Angels, Space Wolves, Grey Knights*, Deathwatch and Chaos Space Marines faction.

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Space-Marine-Sokar-pattern-Stormbird

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/PDF/Datasheets//Sokar-Pattern-Stormbird.pdf

• Like 1