99560101474_GarroHandOfTheSigilite03.jpg

99560101474_GarroHandOfTheSigilite07.jpg

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Garro-Hand-of-the-Sigillite

45#

175 pts

Liberty: S+1 AP3 2hand Rending that counts its wounds as double for combat rez

Assault 3 Rending Bolter

Standard Character stats, 4++

May deep strike, attacks against him are snap shots/disordered charges turn he arrives.  Does not scatter

first time reduced to 0 wounds, pass leadership test and regain 1 wound

• Like 3

Hello there,

Garro could be linked to the pre-cursor of the Inquisition... and there are strong hints that eventually the formation of the Grey Knights comes in a somewhat-link to what Garro had done for Malcador the Sigilite.

But Garro's fate has never been revealed past the Horus Heresy stuff, to my knowledge.  Going around and collecting folks for Malcador is where the trail goes cold...

Stay safe,

don

The GK Dex only states that some of the 8 Marines selected by Malcador to form the basis of the Grey Knights were from Traitor Legions.

I'm kind of wondering about the symbol on his shoulderpad, too. IIRC, the Inquisition wasn't a thing at that point, so it's not an Inquisitorial 'I'. I guess it could stand for "Imperator" or something, to show he serves the Emperor (almost) directly. It looks like there's a stylized eye in there, too. Some sort of counter-point to the Eye of Horus?

Not entirely related. Cruising the FW site and I "hit" bestsellers. That Warlord Titan is on the top.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Warhammer-40-000?N=102643+4294965464Ν=product.repositoryId&qty=8&sorting=rec&view=table&categoryId=cat2140034

There's no way that is the most bought model on the site. Any clue how FW determines the "best" selling model?

Thousand Sons models are on the way...

pic1.jpg

(From Forge World bulletin)

Monday 30 November 2015

The warriors of Prospero are coming!

There were once twenty Legiones Astartes. Two are lost to history, expunged from the Imperial records, and eighteen remained as The Horus Heresy began. So far Forge World has created unique upgrades of heads, torsos and shoulder pads for sixteen of the Legions, leaving only the Thousand Sons and Space Wolves to go.

This week I caught sight of more upgrades coming soon from the Forge World Studio, and they look fantastic. The warriors of Fenris might have to wait a little longer, but the sons of Magnus the Red are on their way!

• Like 1

Gotta admit, rather disappointed with the Mechanicum FW super heavies. It's not that they look bad, but that they look like someone's awesome conversion, rather than something that FW would produce - FW makes good stuff, but they tend to focus on doing things that an average player couldn't do. The above is something an average player would make while kitbashing model kits after being inspired by old godzilla movies.

Thousand Sons models are on the way...

pic1.jpg

Yay! Been waiting for these, though the above is hardly an impressive model (for FW).

Not meaning to be so negative, but FW has set it's own bar high.