Koyote in Frostheim (Frostgrave)

Koyote

• 4 weeks later...

I've assembled my first 4Ground Mordanburg building for my Frostheim table.  It was a bit daunting at first, but once I got into it, it turned out to be a fairly easy build.  The instructions recommend wood closepins, so I used them and they worked like a charm.

You can save a few bucks by purchasing the buildings unpainted, but as far as I'm concerned the extra money is well worth it.

I forgot to snap a photo of the finished product, but once I've finished assembling the other four buildings I will post a group shot.

IMG_1796_zpslholh5x5.jpg

In addition to the ruined buildings, I purchased two 4Grounds 6" Linear Fire Wall markers to use as markers for the Wall spell and  two 4Ground 6" linear smoke markers to use as markers for the Fog spell. The smoke markers are ok, but the fire wall markers are awesome.

I also bought six 4Ground 1" Burning Wreckage markers which I can find a use for in other games (e.g. marking burning buildings and fields when playing SAGA's Harry & Burn scenario or as the burning ghosts for the ZBP The Crimson Twins quest).

burning_zpseabbrwo5.png

4Ground is quickly becoming one of my favorite toy companies. e14144.gif

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've finally settled on a Captain for my "good guy" warband. This little fellow is from Forgeworld's Manann's Blades Command kit.

manann%20cmd2_zpsxaen60al.jpg

I've replaced the model's peg leg with a boot, added a dagger, and swapped out the left hand and shield for a hand holding a pistol. For game purposes, the pistol will count as a crossbow.

I've also decided to finally put some paint on Yorick, the war-monkey. Years ago, I used Yorick as a counts-as warhound in my Mordheim Kislev warband. It's a fun little model and as an added bonus, I was able to use it to taunt Fluger. Fluger HATES monkeys. Now, me-thinks that Yorick would make a good counts-as warhound or thief for my Frostheim warband.

Captain%20Monkey%201_zpsarcpzxy2.jpg

Pictured below is the progress I've made on my new Frostheim terrain. The building in the center is still under construction. I've ordered two more buildings from 4Ground, along with some carts and crates that I can use as scatter terrain in between the buildings.

My plan is to fill up the rest of the table with repurposed ruins and sections of short walls from my store of Malifaux terrain, along with some additional terrain that I've collected along the way, but haven't yet painted.

Frostheim_zpsts0up25f.jpg

• Like 4

Empire Mercenary Captain (counts-as Captain)

Merc%20Cap1_zpsd9pnewi6.jpg

Merc%20Cap2_zpscpyg7vli.jpg

When planning my colors for this model's uniform I knew that I wanted to use red so that the model would fit in well with most of the models in the warband, but I struggled with the second color. I settled on tan because I don't want his livery to tie him to any particular city-state or province.

One can tell from his bearing, ruthlessness, and grasp of military tactics that he was a veteran line officer in one of the Empire's provincial state armies, but where he served or under what circumstances he resigned his commission is a mystery. He's not a taciturn man, but he is conspicuously tight-lipped about his past.

• Like 3

Two more WIP Frostheim models.

The first is Skoll the Protector, my Witch's Troll bodyguard, bound to her by powerful enchantments. If you play Zombicide Black Plague you may recognize this model. Skoll is a Survivor from the Paolo Parente special guest box. Dust Studio and Anastyr partnered to cast copies of two of the models from Paolo's ZBP box in resin (along with two alternative versions) and sell them as numbered box sets. Here I've armed Skoll with the alternative weapon. The blade is ridiculous large, but that's part of the model's charm. I thickened the weapon's handle so that it's not quite so spindly.

Skoll the Protector (counts-as Bear Animal Companion)

Skoll1_zpszntldloo.jpg

Skoll2_zpshdmncod2.jpg

My second WIP model is Pol the Gnoblar Trapper. The way I see it Pol isn't a hireling in the same way other soldiers are, but rather a pet trained to sniff out and set up traps. I gave Pol this particular Gnoblar head for no reason other than I really like it. I figure that Pol is screaming for one of two reasons. Either he's celebrating his triumph over the trap or this pose is Pol a fraction of a second after he realized that he's triggered the trap and he's about to have a really bad day.

Pol the Gnoblar Trapper (counts-as Trap Expert)

Trapper1_zpstgcd0zc8.jpg

Trapper2_zpsjzvyrxs3.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...