Mantic's pricing is insane

Brother Glacius

And I mean that in a completely good way. They have been updating their Mega army deals on the web site. These all go for about $175 I believe for each army. I then went over to the War Store that sells them for 20% off. That knocked the price down to $140 for each one. Comparing them to the mega army deals of the kickstarter (each was $100 then), you are getting pretty much the same deal. The mega armies have more than the kickstarter deals which easily make up the $40 difference. The price per model is simply fantastic. I know I will be eyeing that Ogre mega army...they are mighty tempting.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

I will take his spot :)

Too bad their minis are FUGLY

No seriously...most of them have zero appeal to me...

Ya know for me the Goblins are kinda perfect to represent Hobgoblins for Chaos Dwarves. Kinda dorky looking with a sinister grin. I would buy a few units of goblins, with arrows, hand weapon and shield, and even some with spears...ya know what I would even get that cav. I just can't find anyone who is selling them used for a good deal.

Yeah,,,The Basilean army I got(Thanks Brother G:)) had some not so bad models,actually I liked the Panthers but the riders were lolbad.The Elohi are actually pretty good sculpts,I just don't care for the models themselves,,,probably because I'm used to a bit more of a high fantasy look.Then theres the Men at Arms,which I have a hard time painting they are so lame,I will gladly pay a couple more dollars per figure just to have a more interesting painting session working on them.

Then theres the Deadzone figures I got with the starter set and the Marauders I purchased.All are very good I think.Though I'm not a fan of the type of plastic or whatever it is that they use.The detail is good on this stuff though:)

Overall their work is inconsistent so I would try to get a good look at the models sculpts before purchasing.And consider were you are going to use them as poorly detailed rank and file troops still look pretty good multibased on a tray,but if used individually in skirmish will make you feel sad.

• Like 1