Starting Tau a beginners guide

splinx

Lol ha ha! Yeah it is a bit off putting all of these shenanigans occurring after I asked some advice! Lol I love the models so will probably do what I always do and just paint up the models I like and make it work. Will probably steer clear of the ghost keel purely as I'm not the type of person to bring contentious stuff to the table to make it weird.

Cheers for the advice though guys all is most appreciated.

Sam

• Like 2

Don't deprive yourself of the Ghostkeel.  Just because the ITC made a ruling on it is no disqualifier.  they are still extremely cool and the times I've used it, I forgot to even use the countermeasure, so it's not like the entire units value hinges on it...like at all.  My annoyance at the ruling has zero bearing on how fun it is to use.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for the compliment buddy. I am painting everything up clean and then once i have the army done i may go back over them and weather them and do some battle damage but not sure yet.

As for airbrushing i have not used it on the models as yet. Unfortunately its all brush work so far.  I am still working out decent pre-shading colors for my vehicles and larger stuff so i can get out the airbrush. The devilfishes, hammerheads and maybe even my riptides may get a bit of airbrush work on them once i have worked out the correct shades and highlights. 

Thanks again for the interest man. 

Sam

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Managed to get 10 fire warriors finished over the weekend and will put some pictures up tonight. Now only 10 more to go then onto 20 breachers! LOL After that my infantry are finished! 

I can't remember if i posted it up but i managed to finish off 6 crisis suits a couple of weeks ago as well. 

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1564675203862533&id=1515946765402044

Cheers

Sam

• Like 1