The Void Calls - Genestealer Cult Codex Incoming?

pretre

There are also closeup photos of the boxes on the Kleiner Gargoyle blog

acolyte-hybrids-back.jpg

neophyte-hybrids-back.jpg

https://kleinergargoyle.wordpress.com/2016/09/23/40k-kodex-genestealer-cult-neophyten-und-acolyten-veroeffentlicht/

Nothing new I guess. At least a confirmation some shops have the product and Codex leaks shouldnt be far away.

GScult-rockgrinder-final.jpg

GScult-toc-final.jpg

• Like 1

Not going to answer how and why

Appendix/
Cult ambush
Instead of arriving from reserves normally, unit can roll the ambush table D6
1/ your own table edge
2/ roll d6 1-2 left 3-4 right 5-6 you choose
3/ anywhere more 9" from enemy or 6" from enemy which have no los
4/ 6"
5/ 6" + bouns shooting or run
6/ 3" + charge on the turn arrive

Return the Shadows
Instead of moving in movement phase, unit have this rule and not within 6" of enemy models can be removed from battlefield and placed into ongoing reserve. Unit can't use this rule arrive from reserve or ongoing reserve and can't do so when in vehicle
Genestealer/aberrants/Metamorphs/neophyte/acolyte/ and all HQ

• Like 1

So the Cult Neophyte Hybrid Squad is 10 Cadian Shock Troops, a Heavy Weapon Team and the Cult Upgrade sprue: $45 bucks.

Heavy Weapons Teams are normally not individually available, only in groups of 3. So we will look at 3 GSCNHS squads at $135.

Cadian Shock Troops Squad: $29

x3: $87

Cadian Heavy Weapon Team: $39.50

+$87

$126.50

$135 for GSC

$126.50 for AM

So for less than $10 bucks ($8.50) you're getting 3(!) GSC Upgrade Sprues. (<$3 per sprue) That is a damn good deal to me.

-----------------------

GSC Leman Russ Battle Tank: $55

AM Leman Russ Battle Tank: $49.50

So now the sprue costs $5.50; not so great.

-----------------------

GSC Armoured Claw: $55

AM Chimera: $37.25

AM Cadians: $29

AM Total: $66.25

So the Armoured Claw Team is actually CHEAPER than the comparable AM squads! You're getting the GSC Upgrade Sprue for (effectively) NEGATIVE $11.25!

Guess I know what I'm ordering!

• Like 1

Goliath Truck/50pts
BS3 11/10/10 hp3 open-topped/transport 10 models no genestealer or patriarch
With heavy stubber + twinlinked autocannon
Special rule/ rugged construction / 4+ to ignore crew stunned shaken or immobilised but still lose hp
Option/ a cache of demolition charge 20pts/ 1 model can choose to throw one instead of firing its normal weapon 6" S8 AP2 assault 1 , large blast

• Like 1

Gotta hand it to GW on this one. Very nice looking army. The models that I have seen so far look great. Its a new army (no cults being legal in forever). They aren't [big bad swear word]ing <insert color> space marines! It is an army that players want to have. Only thing that would have made this better would have been a "Getting Started with Gene Stealer Cultists" box. But easily see why these brand new models don't qualify for one of those yet. All in all, a good job by GW. I'm just glad I don't want them. :smile:

So anyone have today for the "when Brother G says something nice about GW" pool?

• Like 1

The Tyranid Hive is going crazy over this. Looks like a random army with some nasty surprises and combos.

Just in from a guy on Dakka .

Brood cycle

Any non-vehicle unit in this formation that is within 6" of at least one other unit from the same formation +1 to Leadership and WS

All unit in this formation have the furious charge while they are within 24" of Iconward. in addition, the range of inconward's Nexus of Devotion will effect 24" instead of 12" (6+ feel no pain and +1 if already had)

subterranean uprising

All unit in this formation must infiltrate during deployment and setup using Cult ambush rule. when rolling the table, roll 2 dice instead of 1 and choose either of the result

If a unit in this formation has been joined by a Primus, you can roll 3 dice and select any of the result

• Like 1

Watching that video BoLS posted up...we got full rules now! I'll do a summary for anyone that is anti-BoLS or doesn't have the time to watch it.

Their super-detachment is as normal, 1-6 Core, 1+ Auxiliary, 0-3(?) Command. You can't have more than one Patriarch, Magus and Primus in the Cult Insurrection detachment (super detachment) which is a bummer. Patriarch gets a codex warlord trait re-roll, all non-vehicle units gets Infiltrate, if they already have Infiltrate then they get Shrouded for the first game turn, you add 1 to reserve rolls and enemies subtract 1 from reserve rolls. All units that arrive from ongoing reserves gain D6 models back that were killed earlier in the game.

The two Core formations are very different; one has most of the units in the codex, the other is Neophyte Hybrids and the IG tanks - mandatory Leman Russ squadron and Sentinel squadrons.

THE STATS FOR THE MODELS HAVE CHANGED SINCE DEATHWATCH OVERKILL!

The Patriarch is now 90 points but is Strength 6, starts off as a ML1 psyker but can buy ML2, can buy two Familiars on the cheap and gets access to Biomancy, Broodmind and Telepathy. He also confers Fearless to all friendly Genestealer Cult units within 12". Yikes!

The Magus is 40, comes with Adamantium Will and Infiltrate now, is ML1 base but can pay for ML2 and gets the same disciplines as the Patriarch, he also gives Adamantium Will to all Genestealer Cult units within 12". Yikesx2!

Chimera and Sentinel data-shoots look identical to the Astra Militarum versions, still BS3.

Goliath rules confirmed per Tyranid607, the normal Goliath is an open-topped transport!

The First Curse formation does the following; 1 Patriarch, 1 Purestrain Genestealer unit, you roll a D6 before the start of the game and add the result to the Purestrain Genestealers for the whole game; 1: they get assault grenades, 2: they get 4+ armor, 3: they get Poisoned melee attacks, 4: they get Rage, 5: they get Preferred Enemy, 6: you pick which one you want.

That small Core formation I mentioned earlier with the Neophytes and IG tanks does the following; Neophytes have to take Chimeras as DTs, all vehicles get Outflank and the Scout Sentinels get Cult Ambush (this works with that restore D6 models rule in the Cult Insurrection detachment???), ignores stunned and shaken on a 4+.

They also show the profiles at the back (meaning stats only) here's what we got;

Acolyte Iconward; basically a Primus but only 2 wounds and LD9. Primus; now has WS5 and 3 Wounds. The stats for Acolytes and Neophytes remain the same, they now have unit leaders with +1 Leadership and Attacks. Weapon Teams for Neophytes are in and are the same as IG except for +1 Initiative and LD just like the actual Neophytes. Metamorphs look to have the same stats as Acolyte Hybrids but are Elites, presumably they will have extra special rules and nastier weapons. Purestrain Genestealers look to have 3 attacks base now but are otherwise the same.

The weapons list confirms that the Leman Russ variants in the standard Leman Russ kit are the only ones available. The Clearance Incinerator is a S5 AP4 Torrent Template weapon. The Heavy Mining Laser is just a Mining Laser with 36" range. The Heavy Seismic Cannon is either Heavy 3(or 2?) and S8 AP3 at 0-12", or S5(?) AP4 Heavy 6 at 12-24", and both have the "Resonance" or something akin to that special rule. Normal Seismic Cannon is the same, just with one less shot in the first profile and two less shots in the second profile. The Webber weapons fire blasts and are S3 (pistol) and S4 (rifle), they also have some over special rule that looks to be different to the one the Seismic Cannons have. The Rock Cutter, Rock Drill and Rock Saw are all basically power fists, the cutter has some special rule I can't make out (maybe Shred?), the drill has "Pulverize", the saw has Armorbane, all of them are two-handed. Metamorph weapons now, they are all S: user but have different special rules, it looks like at least one of them is AP3 and their special rules seem to be unique/new. There's also something called a Power xxx or something that is Unwieldy, Two Handed, AP2, I can't make out the strength and has a few special rules.

• Like 1

These are the relics:

Icon of the Cult Ascendant

Friendly units that have the Genestealer Cult Faction and are withing 12" of a model equipped with the Icon of the Cult Ascendant have the Furious Charge special rule and can re-roll failed Morale, Pinning and Fear tests. In addition, models in the same unit as the Icon of the Cult Ascendant have +1 whilst the bearer is alive

Dagger of Swift Sacrifice

Strenght User, AP -, Melee, Istant Death, Poisoned 2+

Scourge of Distant Stars

Whilst in a challenge with the bearer, the opponent must first make a Toughness test. If the opponent does not pass such test, he immediately takes a Wound with any kind of save allowed and gets his Attacks and Initiative characteristics reduced by 1 (to a minimum of 1) until the end of the Fight subphase-

Staff of the Subterrenean Master

Range 18", Strenght 2, AP -, Assault 10, Ignores Cover, Rending

Sword of the Void's Eye

Strenght +1, AP 3, Melee, Bio-sentience (Reroll failed To Hit and To Wound rolls of 1), Life Drain (Istant Death on a To Wound roll of 6)

The Crouchling

Adds another +2 Strenght 4, AP -, Rending melee attacks (perhaps stackable with both the 2 familiars you can take for every character) and gives you another ADDITIONAL (so only Patriarch and Magus) Psychic power at the start of the game

• Like 1

Cheers for all your answers Tyranid607, the codex leak confirms everything you've said so far. We really appreciate it!

There's still a few things I think we're all eager to find out though;

What are the Broodmind powers?

What are the Warlord Traits?

What are the Relics and what do they do?

Lastly, what are the points costs like on the units? Thanks again!

broodmind

primars power warp charge 1/ malediction single unit within 24" reduce WS/BS/I/A by 1 to a min of 1

psychic stimulus warp charge 1/ blessing frdly unit not in combat gain relentless and fleet, can charge even ran in shooting phase

psionic blast 1/ witchfire 24" S5 Ap3 Assult 1 Blast

Might from beyond 1/ blessing a frdly unit 24" +1S and gain rage

mental onslaught 2/ focussed witchfire 24" both Psyker and target model roll a dice + LDS, if drawn target model -3I until next turn. if Psyker is higher, target suffer wound equal to the difference and no armor and cover saves are allowed

mind control 2/ focussed witchfire targets a single non-vehicle unit not lock in combat and makes shooting attack exactly as if it were one of your model

telepathic summons 2 or 3/ choose 2 or 3, conjuration create a single unit , 2 = 5 Acolyte or 5 Metamorphs or 10 Neophyte, 3 = 10 Acolyte or 10 Metamorphs or 20 Neophyte or 4 aberants or 8 genestealer, these model can be equipped with ANY UPGRADES list on their data sheet

Warlord trait

1. Steath

2. frdly unit of GSC have counter-attack with 12" of warlord

3. Move through cover, warlord and his unit never suffer penalty to I for charging through difficult terrain

4.It will not die

5. all model in your warlords detachment can use his LD

6.When using vult ambush with any unit he joined, do not roll on the ambush table, you can choose a result

relics

1.icon of the cult/ frdly unit within 12" of bearer have furious charge and can reroll failed Morale/pinning/feat test, model in same unit of bearer +1 A

2. dagger of swift sacrifice/ can instead make a single atk rolling to hit as normal S user Instant Death/Poisoned(2+)

3. Scourge of distat stars/ bearer involved in a challenge, their opponent must pas a T test before any attack are made, if fail that model suffer a wound with no save of any kind allowd and -1 I + Auntil the end of phase

4 staff of the subterran master / shooting attack 18" S2 AP- Assauly 10/Ignore cover/Rending

5 Sword of the void's eye/ +1S AP3, reroll to hit and to wound of 1 and to wound of 6 has the instant death rule

6. the crouchling in CCB make additional 2 S4 AP- Rending attack, bearer can generate one additional psychic power at the start of game

• Like 1

Anyone know what the Cavalcade Formation gives?

Vehicles ignore shaken/stunned on a 4+, vehicles gain outflank, and sentinels instead gain Cult Ambush. Also, Chimera are mandatory for the two squads.

Coolest part is that means your Sentinel Squads bring back D6 destroyed members of the squad each time they enter cult ambush, so if they don't all get wiped out, there's a good chance the whole squad will come back.

• Like 1

Really liking this release so far, and I can't wait for payday. However, couple of weird omissions in the release like an Abberant kit (or even the Abberants from the boxed game released separately) and a separate upgrade sprue - there goes my idea of using the Cadian and Catachan command squads to avoid using the rubbish guardsman models!

829234_sm-.jpg

One upgrade sprue courtesy of BoLS.

No idea of a release date.

• Like 1

@Tyranid607, just reposting this for the new page, with regards to the Metamorph weapons, what's the wording of how they get the stat boosts? Is it clear that they have to actually use those weapons to get the stat boosts, meaning they get them even if they attack with the Rending Claws, or do they merely have to be equipped with the Metamorph weapons to get the stat boosts?

Last question for you, what does the Primus do now? Does he still have Zealot? Does he have a 12" rule bubble? Does he still have Rending as a special rule rather than a weapon?

Thank you so much for your patience :)

Metamorph weapons boost with rending claws, i think yes.

if not whats the point of having rending claws by default

or you have to choose what weapon to attack? i am not sure about that

and Primus do 12" Hatred, no zealot,

What is the bonus for the other Core formation the Brood cycle?

Also the subterranean assault formation what doe it do ??

Brood cycle

Any non-vehicle unit in this formation that is within 6" of at least one other unit from the same formation +1 to Leadership and WS

All unit in this formation have the furious charge while they are within 24" of Iconward. in addition, the range of inconward's Nexus of Devotion will effect 24" instead of 12" (6+ feel no pain and +1 if already had)

subterranean uprising

All unit in this formation must infiltrate during deployment and setup using Cult ambush rule. when rolling the table, roll 2 dice instead of 1 and choose either of the result

If a unit in this formation has been joined by a Primus, you can roll 3 dice and select any of the result

• Like 1