Imperial agents and new canoness

pretre

This was a codex I always wanted, not necessarily like this though. A collection of uits that don't equate to full codex status on their own, but merit inclusion as allies. If I could have my next wish is for a dogs of war style merc codex. Corsairs, Kroot, Beastmen, Human Mercs, Squats, Ogryns, Blood Axe Orks, .

• Like 3

This was a codex I always wanted, not necessarily like this though. A collection of uits that don't equate to full codex status on their own, but merit inclusion as allies. If I could have my next wish is for a dogs of war style merc codex. Corsairs, Kroot, Beastmen, Human Mercs, Squats, Ogryns, Blood Axe Orks, .

Don't forget Space Slaan, Ambul, and Nocturnal Warriors of Hrud.

There's many more:

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/List_of_sentient_species

From dakka:

"Okay, probably-not-competetive-but-still-fun-tactic:
The Mace of Valaan is normally a pretty specialized tool. It gives a Master-Crafter Power Maul, which is kinda meh, but when you're within 6" of a model with the Daemon Special Rule you get Fleshbane and Armorbane. So, it's usually just good if you're facing Daemons.
HOWEVER...
Daemonhosts now have the Daemon Special Rule.
See where I'm going with this?
Take a single priest. Attach him to a unit of Daemonhosts, or an Inquisitorial Conclave that includes a Daemonhost, whichever you prefer. Run around, laughing."

• Like 1

From dakka:

"Okay, probably-not-competetive-but-still-fun-tactic:

The Mace of Valaan is normally a pretty specialized tool. It gives a Master-Crafter Power Maul, which is kinda meh, but when you're within 6" of a model with the Daemon Special Rule you get Fleshbane and Armorbane. So, it's usually just good if you're facing Daemons.

HOWEVER...

Daemonhosts now have the Daemon Special Rule.

See where I'm going with this?

Take a single priest. Attach him to a unit of Daemonhosts, or an Inquisitorial Conclave that includes a Daemonhost, whichever you prefer. Run around, laughing."

Are Daemonhosts part of the same detachment in this codex, or would it require a second detachment? If it requires an extra detachment, might be too "expensive" for compeditive play where detachements are limited. 

OMG, why does GW think Precision Shots and Strikes is such a great rule? It's basically useless and unworkable in a regular game. PShots requires Line of Sight and range to the model you are trying to hit, and characters can still use Look Out, Sir!. In melee, PStrikes requires the models be engaged- and you need to really read the rules on what "engaged" means to understand this rule is useless. And just like PShots, you can still Look Out, Sir! And let's not forget that it only triggers on a 6 to hit.

Speaking as a Tau player who runs Advanced Targeting Systems on my battlesuits with regularity, Precision Shots is a really good rule. It lets you pick off heavy/special weapon models, who don't get a Look Out Sir! roll as well as aiming for models not in cover, models that a player is using to keep the squad inside an aura or in range of an objective, and on rare occasions it can even pick off a character.

It's not reliable, but when you are throwing a big bucket of dice at the enemy it will usually trigger a couple times per set of shots.

• Like 2

OMG, why does GW think Precision Shots and Strikes is such a great rule? It's basically useless and unworkable in a regular game. PShots requires Line of Sight and range to the model you are trying to hit, and characters can still use Look Out, Sir!. In melee, PStrikes requires the models be engaged- and you need to really read the rules on what "engaged" means to understand this rule is useless. And just like PShots, you can still Look Out, Sir! And let's not forget that it only triggers on a 6 to hit..

It isn't amazing, but it can it's moments. It's especially useful to kill off specific non-character models. 

Though I will note that look out sir has a range limitation. So even if they pass the wound, they can only pass it to models of the same unit within 6". So depending on the size of the unit, it is possible to thin them enough where look out sir cannot be attempted. I had a game with Assault Centurions who used their TL flamers on horde IG. Wiped every model within 6" of the character, who then died to hurricane bolters. I was kinda disappointed, as I denied my own charge...

Look out sir also passes the wound only once and specifically to the closest model. So if they have two characters closest to eachother, you'll hit one of them.

But, it is true that this doesn't come up much for me. Only a handful of units actually have the rule for my armies. 

Uh. Yup. Lol.

I saved a total of 4 Dominion with the re-rolls and also saved one Rhino hit. Pretty cool. The Dominion and the rhino eventually died but it made him fire with two more units than he wanted to, to get it done. I would have waited longer to use it but he got the darn infoltrate warlord trait AND first turn so... I had to pop it early.

Still unable to get Canoness Veridyan. Got a reply back from GW Customer Service last week that basically said "Thank you for playing our games, sorry you were unable to purchase Canoness Veridyan. Try again in the future!"

And she is out of stock AGAIN. LOL guess I won't be getting one then. And eBay has her listed for about $50 (Buy It Now $150?!?! Yeah, right). It's not so much that I want her to play with, but add to my collection. I have the 2nd Edition Codex with this artwork on it, I have the White Dwarf that premiered the Sisters of Battle, and I still have a few of my SoB models (sold the army when they got the White Dwarf treatment).

And this "codex"? Bleh. LOL