Tempting Kickstarters

dkieft

This is the expansion to myth and it includes some really well done reprint updates to the original product. I know this wasn't everybody's cup of tea but I really dig it and the models are cool. Merc miniatures has learned allot and now that the community isn't snapping at their throats for blood communication is good too. Personally I had a wonderful, albeit with patience on my end,interaction with them for myth and the wife loves the game so I'm in again!

There is a great little pledge for newbies too with the original myth updated rules and a good chunk of skeletons!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1700755582/myth-journeyman?ref=email

This is the expansion to myth and it includes some really well done reprint updates to the original product. I know this wasn't everybody's cup of tea but I really dig it and the models are cool. Merc miniatures has learned allot and now that the community isn't snapping at their throats for blood communication is good too. Personally I had a wonderful, albeit with patience on my end,interaction with them for myth and the wife loves the game so I'm in again!

There is a great little pledge for newbies too with the original myth updated rules and a good chunk of skeletons!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1700755582/myth-journeyman?ref=email

I am 100% sure I am going to back this at a level that at least allows me to pick up the printed 2.0 version stuff for Myth. The rest will depend on how much it costs, and what they are pricing stretch goals at.

Having me pay for shipping is a quick way to not get your Project backed.

• Like 2

While paying for shipping sucks I actually prefer projects that are smart enough to hold shipping until weight and such are known. I think allot of projects that suffer and practically collapse are due to shipping costs which changed radically over the last few years. It is just smart to protect your business from drastic changes.

• Like 2

I am 100% sure I am going to back this at a level that at least allows me to pick up the printed 2.0 version stuff for Myth. The rest will depend on how much it costs, and what they are pricing stretch goals at.

Having me pay for shipping is a quick way to not get your Project backed.

Of course, y'all recognize that you're paying for shipping no matter what, right? It's just a matter of whether or not it's folded into the pledge cost, or paid before or after the KS ends. Paying for it afterwards makes a lot of sense for projects with lots of stretch goals, as otherwise the success of the project could break the bank when more things have to be shipped.

Thus, if you like those KSs with crazy stretch goals, paying shipping afterwards (and pledging without knowing exactly what the final shipping might be) is a necessary evil.

• Like 1

Of course, y'all recognize that you're paying for shipping no matter what, right? It's just a matter of whether or not it's folded into the pledge cost, or paid before or after the KS ends. Paying for it afterwards makes a lot of sense for projects with lots of stretch goals, as otherwise the success of the project could break the bank when more things have to be shipped.

Thus, if you like those KSs with crazy stretch goals, paying shipping afterwards (and pledging without knowing exactly what the final shipping might be) is a necessary evil.

Very true,

But having it built in, or a static value (like Ghostbusters did) stops projects for trying to gain income by over charging for shipping. When companies add the strech goals, shipping should be part of what those goals are. More so if they "unlock" something you still need to increase your donation for.

KickStarter is a great and wonderful tool. I have gotten quite a few games from Kickstarter. But like everything, there are some that are going to take advantage of it an gouge their fan base. I've also been wondering how much Kickstarters hurt B&M game stores. With companies like CMON, who have more than enough capital on their own to make their projects, cutting out the Game store, but still charging retailer prices (or more). I'll be 100% honest, Zombiecide season 2 really bugged me in how they did things as I felt fleeced, and with Myth I felt like the company couldn't be bothered to fix their mistakes (everyone makes mistakes, it happens, no big deal, but it is how people deal with mistakes that matter). So I've been a little jaded and cautious to KSs since then.  

I did back Ghostbusters, and I might even go in beyond the 6$'s for Myth. For Myth, I am waiting to see how much I would need to pledge to get just the content add ons.

• Like 1

no sarcasm, you're a big deadzone fan Pretre?  Care to pimp dat game a bit?

Yeah, I love me some Deadzone.

It's basically Necromunda with quicker rules. It's based on a cube system (to avoid measuring slow downs), has built in pick-up game and campaign game types, a ton of awesome miniatures, okay fluff, GREAT terrain and is a lot of fun to play.

Right now, the downsides are some balance issues and first edition game rules that could use some more FAQs/Cleanups. I'm REALLY hoping this KS will give us the second edition of the rules with an improved experience, which would be awesome, along with a new faction (Ratmen) and all the other goodies.

• Like 1

Also, Raging Heroes is launching a 6 army kickstarter soon (Dark and Light Elves, Sisters in Future/Fantasy). I am very torn about it since I want new sisters, but RH has not the greatest record and they have outright said they are doing this one to get more cash to help fulfill their last KS. Ugh.

• Like 1

Also, Raging Heroes is launching a 6 army kickstarter soon (Dark and Light Elves, Sisters in Future/Fantasy). I am very torn about it since I want new sisters, but RH has not the greatest record and they have outright said they are doing this one to get more cash to help fulfill their last KS. Ugh.

They don't need the money to help fulfill but do need it to keep going... I see their problem most of the people that will buy their stuff are the kickstarter peeps which leaves them in these big peaks and troughs business model. I could see that being very scary.

Also as many people chose to ship everything combined they haven't seen any of the models and are not buying additional stuff to actually support the ongoing business day to day. Love the models I got an ig armies worth but be careful the scale is heroic these ladies are actually taller than Marines... Myinitial plan to use them side by side was a bust but I can use them as a full ig army.

• Like 1

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

Dead zone is great would love to see a campaign started it has some really solid rules and plays fast, I find terrain setup to be the longest part of playing.

• Like 1

Dead zone is great would love to see a campaign started it has some really solid rules and plays fast, I find terrain setup to be the longest part of playing.

We found that having preassembled building sections speeds this up. Creating all new terrain every time is unrealistic.

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

I love the no ruler ease, the terrain rules are my favorite for a skirmish. I'm very stoked and will likely break a couple hundred of it is second ed

• Like 1