Tempting Kickstarters

dkieft

I pledged that Tiko Doc

Me too! I sure hope it is not a sham!

fair 'nough, the only nerd games I can get my wife to play with me are cooperative, so I grab them regardless of the source.  I'm with you though, I am unimpressed with the way they handled Sedition War

I am wary of their games. I don't have any issues with Sedition Wars, and thing the game is good (but never get around to playing it). But in general I think their Kickstarters seem to over-expand the games and nickel and dime you with add-ons.

• Like 1

I am wary of their games. I don't have any issues with Sedition Wars, and thing the game is good (but never get around to playing it). But in general I think their Kickstarters seem to over-expand the games and nickel and dime you with add-ons.

thanks for the insight, I'll keep that in mind and probably just roll with the basic set.

thanks for the insight, I'll keep that in mind and probably just roll with the basic set.

I bought pretty much everything for the first two Zombicide KS's. I am about $500 in and play the game... oh you know... twice a year maybe...

I do like the game*, and for what I got it was a great deal... but for the use I get out of it I paid way too much.

*Honestly, the game is really easy to calculate how you'll win way ahead of time which makes it sorta boring. BUT, if you play it more like a RPG and avoid over planning it can really be a fun time.

• Like 2

Random character choice or rule of cool can really help there. I also find having a variety of critters in the zombie deck helps. I also increased the zombie spawn by doubling up the same card on subsequent rounds through the experience tracker spawning red and blue, then red and yellow, etc works well to keep things a little off balanced and less predictable.

• Like 1

I bought pretty much everything for the first two Zombicide KS's. I am about $500 in and play the game... oh you know... twice a year maybe...

I do like the game*, and for what I got it was a great deal... but for the use I get out of it I paid way too much.

*Honestly, the game is really easy to calculate how you'll win way ahead of time which makes it sorta boring. BUT, if you play it more like a RPG and avoid over planning it can really be a fun time.

For the two Zombicides I backed, I've kept the base game, and sold all the gazillion stretch goals. It gives me the game, which I enjoy, for free, and funds backing another kickstarter or two. I don't really have a need for all those characters. As a solo game, Zombicide is a fun puzzle. As a multiplayer, no one I've played with does the logical thing, so it's more backstabbing, fun, and random. Not the best game in the world, but it is what it is.

Plus, I like to play it with my kids. Though, the latest Super Dungeon Explore looks like it's going to eclipse Zombicide for family game night!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Why back Maelstrom's Edge?

• 39 multi-part, multi-pose sprue based plastic models, including stuff only available as part of the kickstarter. Less than £1.54/$2.30 per model!
  • A 10% discount on any other Maelstrom's Edge stuff you buy for 2 years.
  • The first, freshest copies of the sprues from production, with the highest quality control and smallest mould lines, and getting them before anybody else.
  • Your only chance this year to get your hands on the plastic terrain sprue.
  • The chance to participate in the Maelstrom's Edge rules beta, helping to shape the rules and game and to be in on day one of a universe which will only grow across many types of media.
  • Backing now helps us more than waiting and buying later!
  •  
  • Like 1

Secrets of the Third Reich II KS

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/832150598/1949-sotr-ii-the-weird-wwii-miniatures-game?ref=nav_search

I bought the book for the first edition a while ago.   The setting is Weird War II.  The intent was that you can make an army as weird as you want or not.  You can just play infantry platoon vs infantry platoon or you can go with USA diesel powered terminators vs German werewolves and a mech.  If I remember correctly the rules seem like they were based on 40k 3rd edition or so.  I never actually got a chance to play it though so I maybe mistaken about the rules.

The Incursion board game is set in the same universe so if you got in on that KS or have the original edition you already have some models for the game.  Incursion is straight up the space hulk to SOTR's 40k.

There are zombies with sea mines crammed in their torso, Capt America style super soldiers, mechs, German paratroopers in power armor etc.  

• 3 weeks later...