Tyranids are here!

pretre

Anyone else notice the Tervigon nerf, the radius of the synaptic backlash increased from 6" to 12"

Bonus to Deathleaper:
It's after me:
Nominate an enemy character at the beginning of the game... so after psychic powers have been generated, only D3 though

Unless I'm missing it somewhere, GW removed the nerf to venom cannons only glancing vehicles

Ditto. It's not there's nothing good in here, but it feels really lazy compared to the other books, all of which get neat special rules and army-wide bonuses.

Mawlocs are reasonably solid, although they do have a significant issue in actually striking on target- they're about as accurate as firing artillery blind, which is to say not terribly accurate at all. That said, they are an extremely cheap W6 monster that can try and take out enemy heavy infantry before they get a chance to do anything to you, and that's hardly bad. Sadly, since they hit side armor rather than rear armor now, vehicles are a major problem for them.

It does not. The Mawloc's base is the large oval one, which is longer than (but not quite as wide as) the large blast marker. You will very commonly need to repeat the the attack in order to clear enough space.

New Shadow, while somewhat worse than the old one, is pretty fine at the end of the day. The fact that it is still a blanket effect and the same range is probably good enough, and against lower-Leadership psykers it's actually really strong.

Removing Mycetic Spores was an incredibly arbitrary decision, though. If they didn't want to make a model for them, they could just add a "Mycetic Spore" upgrade that let the unit Deep Strike.

*shrug* And I've won a billion billion matches using nothing but a single naked Inquisitor with no other models in my army, but that doesn't prove anything, either. I believe Mikhail's 3rd place finish was using the old WD codex, unless I'm greatly mistaken, not the newer one.

Not a worthy response. And you are mistaken.

You dont. Tyrannofex has no access to cluster spines and tervigon has to pay 5 pts to swap out the stinger salvo. Guess cluster spines and firing a chest flamer was just too OP.

This edition totally gutted my genestealer cult list I took to OFCC and the DMB brawl. No spore pods is my single biggest issue. I liked an army that didnt have to walk across the board.

Think ppl would take issue with using the boring machines (old pods) as Mawlocs? They are on an oval base! Haha.

i loved the fact that i didn't have to run across 24" of board to do something (36"+ if hammer and anvil). Dev gants in a pod made ppl have a bad day, but it was a one shot thing. they were nuked approriately by my opponent on the next turn. Now i need to walk 30 gants across the board and maybe get there with less than what i would pod in.

podding zoanthropes (doom or not) was the only way to be sure they could actually use their powers. otherwise they are a super easy first blood if deployed on the board.

i will have fun with flying tyrants and a crone (currently being commissioned) but not as much fun. i really took dynamic deployment to heart last codex. now it's back to walking and worrying about synapse anchors (throwback to 4th edition codex with WoN).

anyone have a good idea for genestealer cult counts-as carnifexes? it seems i'll need at least 6 of them....

More of those lifting exo-suits!

hahaha! that power-loader is kind of a super special unique conversion. i cant imagine trying to duplicate perfection. but something in that line.

dreadnoughts kind of dont make sense for a genestealer cult. unless the soul embedded is some how corrupted by the genestealer taint. what else is on a 60mm that looks mean and could be commandeered?

hahaha! that power-loader is kind of a super special unique conversion. i cant imagine trying to duplicate perfection. but something in that line.

dreadnoughts kind of dont make sense for a genestealer cult. unless the soul embedded is some how corrupted by the genestealer taint. what else is on a 60mm that looks mean and could be commandeered?

I'm glad you knew what I meant. As soon as I typed "lifting exo-suit" I couldn't unconjure an image of robo-spanks....

Maybe with some kind of servo lifter harness? and Cult-y looking Rider?

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Imperial_Guard/Tallarn_Desert_Raiders/TALLARN-MUKAALI-ROUGH-RIDER-2.html

Just hope the 'cult' data slate actually comes out :p

About the codex:

As someone stated above, I wouldn't put it past GW to adopt this type of sales approach for future books. I.e. release just the basics for the parent book, then make players pay more for their favorite/powerfull/fluffy units in the form of digital releases.

Noodling the book I found a funny rules interaction:

Deep striking mawloc arrives under an enemy unit, resolves both template attacks, and fails to kill enough models to allow it to be placed. It then mishaps, rolls 'misplaced', and is placed by the enemy player.

'Your opponent may deploythe unit anywhere on the table (not in impassable/lethal terrain) in a valid deep strike formation, but without rolling scatter.'

Per terror from the deep (mawlocs special deep strike attack) it can hit friend and foe. So if he fails to come in and gets misplaced your opponent gets one (Mabey two) no scatter S6 ap2 large blast template attacks to throw back at you... Lol.

My next thought involved a mawloc bouncing in this fashion back and forth, decimating both armies. :p

Walk without rhythm.

When you get the 2-3 you're not deep striking to where they put it, at least imo.

"Your opponent may deploy the unit anywhere on the table (excluding impassable and lethal terrain, but including difficult terrain, which of course counts as dangerous for deep striking units), in a valid Deep Strike formation, but without rolling for scatter."

Terror From the Deep: When arriving from Deep Strike Reserve, a Mawloc can choose
to Deep Strike onto a point occupied by another model (friend or foe) – roll for scatter as
normal. If a Mawloc Deep Strikes onto a point occupied by another model, do not roll on
the Deep Strike Mishap table.

The when arriving part is the part that leads me to this conclusion. You've already arrived and set of the attack once at this point. Again, just my opinion, fwiw