Captain America 3 VS Superman vs Batman

andozane

Captain America 3 vs Superman/Batman  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which movie do you put your cash down on?

• Captain America 3 - AMERICA F*CK YEAH
    • Superman VS Batman - THIS WILL BE EPIC
    • I'M RICH BEOTCH! I GO SEE BOTH OPENING WEEKEND!

So, as of right now (some sites say it will probably change) both Captain America 3 and Superman vs Batman are opening May 6, 2016.

Now, most likely the studios will not keep this as they won't want to split the box office dollars.

But let us say, they do stick to this schedule.

Which movie do you go see that weekend?

Fantastic 4.....bleh

To be fair, he said Marvel Studios...FF4 was not a Marvel Studios film.  And yes, FF4 was terrible :)

That is really Marvel's biggest problem...Disney hasn't been able to or has not tried to regain all the Marvel Licenses.  I believe FF4 is still owned by...20th Century Fox (they the X-Men too).  Sony has Spiderman and his affiliated characters.

Here is a handy chart :)

19fhmkxnt7f0jpng.png

• Like 2

To be fair, he said Marvel Studios...FF4 was not a Marvel Studios film.  And yes, FF4 was terrible :)

That is really Marvel's biggest problem...Disney hasn't been able to or has not tried to regain all the Marvel Licenses.  I believe FF4 is still owned by...20th Century Fox (they the X-Men too).  Sony has Spiderman and his affiliated characters.

Here is a handy chart :)

19fhmkxnt7f0jpng.png

Who did the electra and daredevil movies?

Why isn't "Neither: I'm a stream pirate! YARRRR!"  An option on the poll?   :ph34r:

IF they did Supes versus Bats right, it could be freaking awesome!  But that's a mighty big IF.  I don't have faith in that happening.  

I didn't really enjoy Captain America.  I need to go back and watch it again.  Maybe I'll realize I just don't enjoy it as much as I enjoyed the rest of the MCU, but that I still like it.  I just recall not liking it.  I am excited to see Winter Soldier, though.  Especially because I watch Agents of SHIELD and I'm current on that and looking forward to seeing the events in the movie play out.  

Ultimately, for myself, DC movies suck donkey dong more times than not.  Dark Knight was the exception, not the rule.  Marvel movies, over all, have been good.  There have been those I didn't like (Rise of the Silver Surfer, Daredevil, Electra, Last Stand([big bad swear word] you for [big bad swear word]ing up Phoenix...[big bad swear word]ers...) to name a few), but that's the exception, not the rule.  

So I'd put my money on Cap3 being the better movie, better story.  

• Like 1

I'd disagree that DC movies are bad.  Marvel movies (licensed or not) have generally been worse than DC movies over the long term.  You can say that there are some stinkers in DC (Batman & Robin, Superman 4), and some that certainly don't stand the test of time (Superman 3), however, Marvel, which while it licensed most of it's movies before 2008, has been generally awful.  For instance, Howard the Duck, the original FF movie in the 80's/90's, the second Cap film from the 90's, the original Punisher, the rebooted Punisher, X-3, Spiderman 3, Fantastic Four, FF2, Wolverine 1/2, etc.  You have movies in Marvel licensed land like Spider Man that doesn't stand up well to the test of time either.

I personally found Captain America 2 a fun movie to watch, but it was horribly predictable, had sloppy writing which makes you really just think "really?" Hell, I think Avengers just grows weaker and weaker for me the more time goes by, but I geeked out a lot when I first saw it.  I like all of phase 1 outside the Avengers, and I really enjoyed Punisher War Zone, but I've been disappointed with phase 2.   

Of course, it all comes down to personal taste, and if you're a fanboy of either comic company your likes will probably be swayed by it.

If you're going to base it on money, then Marvel Studios is the winner overall, for certain, but it remains to be seen whether or not they're going to continue to do well.  So far I can say that based on Cap 2, I'll see the Superman/Batman movie first.

I watched Man Of Steel for the second time flying back from New York last week...I still liked it and I think it is a good movie. Did you guys really watch it with an open mind? Or were you biased because you think DC sucks? I'm very much looking forward to the Superman vs. Batman movie. It is a shame how poor the Green Lantern movie was...it could have been great. I'd like to see a Gotham By Gaslight movie.

I did watch MoS with an open mind...in fact, when I walked out of the theater I thought I liked it.

But my issue with the last two DC movies is they are so overly serious.  When a movie is overly serious the plot holes and silly things get much worse for me, unlike say the Avengers or any of the Marvel films, which have gaping plot holes (again, why did Loki let himself get captured? ) but they are all so tongue in cheek, who cares.

The more I thought about that movie, the more I didn't like it.

Plus that end fight scene went on way too long, and you know, only killed 10's of thousands of people that Superman didn't really bother saving...well, until that one family, when he went all neck breaky.

• Like 1

MoS was a great superhero movie but a poor superman movie. If you replace Supes in that movie with the plutonion from irredeemable it would have been excellent.

I want blue and red boy scout punching things really hard, not an existential crisis man punching things hard.

I will be the first to say it. Ban me if you must.

Avengers sucked donkey balls. Watch it again with a critical eye. It's terrible.

Hero, I wouldn't say it "sucked" but it certainly loses more and more every time I watch it.  There's just too many geek fanboys who think that everything that Whedon touches is golden.

However, there was a reason Firefly was cancelled.  And as you say, watching Avengers with any sort of critical eye makes the movie get worse and worse.