What are you bringing to the Ordo garage sale?

RobynMM

What types of goodies will you be bringing to sell on Saturday 2/15 to the Garage Sale ? What are you looking for at the garage sale? There is still table space available 😉 https://www.ordofanaticus.com/store/product/103-ordo-community-gamer-garage-sale-2152020/

Mindtaker will be bringing a limited selection of items, including BITS BY THE OZ and BASES BY THE OZ!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How the hell do you purge? My office is literally filling up. I have organized several times now and I have no room. But I don't know what I can possibly get rid of. Do I just drop whole armies from my collection? I've already moved my terrain into a different room, and even archived older editions and such into my garage. Do I try to pair down an army to only what I really need to play?? Is that possible? I mean like humanly possible? I know I need to sell/get rid of stuff...but it seems all the easy fringe stuff that I want to get rid of..no one really wants (Warmachine I'm looking at you! [big bad swear word]er)

*sob*

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Brother Glacius said:

How the hell do you purge? My office is literally filling up. I have organized several times now and I have no room. But I don't know what I can possibly get rid of. Do I just drop whole armies from my collection? I've already moved my terrain into a different room, and even archived older editions and such into my garage. Do I try to pair down an army to only what I really need to play?? Is that possible? I mean like humanly possible? I know I need to sell/get rid of stuff...but it seems all the easy fringe stuff that I want to get rid of..no one really wants (Warmachine I'm looking at you! [big bad swear word]er)

*sob*

My favorite way to purge is to imagine i have to move, am I committed to packing/moving/finding new space for the thing. That usually helps me makes decisions.

11 hours ago, dalmer said:

(will there be an online capability for those of us living further away?)

Not at this time 😞  (that’s what Mindtaker is for 🤣

if there’s something you’re searching for ask away, we’ll keep an eye out. I’ll try and post pics again day of event - not a great solution but something. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Brother Glacius said:

*sob*

I have seen your collections its huge. I am kind of weird in that after I purge I always feel better and gives me an excuse to make more purchases.

I'm going to be bringing a little bit of Blood Bowl, some Flames of War stuff, some board games, some Magic cards (just a bunch of bulk junk that I need to offload... good for kitchen table games or teaching kids to play. Or Pauper.) Probably some old-school video game stuff. Some pretty old Malifaux models, a few Tempestus Scions. Some random gaming accessories, too. Very possibly a pretty good sized X-Wing collection. Was planning on bringing some Warmachine, but it sounds like nobody wants that anymore... I'll never be able to offload it. >.<

• Like 2

I'm bringing my smörgåsbord again, highlights include a Bolt Action American starter army, infantry assembled and partially painted, a fully painted Deathwing army, some Some IG metals, Steel Legion/Schaffer's, some 4th ed SM, and I will be hauling a chunk of my X-wing collection down.  Also some Infinity.  Also some 6th ed HE metals, and some 7th-ish DE (if I can find them).

• Like 2

Right now, I'm planning on cleaning out: 

Space Wolves 
Blood Angels
Grey Knights
Chaos Space Marines
Orks
Khadoran Overlords 
X-Wing
D&D Mini's
Blood Bowl
Robotech Kick Starter from Palladium Games
Warmachine
Hordes
"The Tupperware Box of Shame"
Misc board games

Probably whatever else I can scrounge up that I need to get rid of. These will be fire sale prices- I want this stuff GONE! 

• Like 2

I'm also planning on bringing some small 3D printed scatter terrain (little things like jersey barriers, barrels, etc.) Good for basing or table use. Might also bring a few utility items like CP/VP/Turn trackers. If there's anything specific anyone wants to request, PM me and I'll see what I can do. I'm not a particularly great designer, but I might be able to gin something up (or find an appropriately licensed file online.)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Andrewgeddon said:

Anyone interested in a good chunk of miniatures from Red Box games? I've got a collection I got from a friend, but now looking to move it and not super familiar with the range.

Ooh, I'll be interested in taking a look at them if you bring them - I like what I've seen of their stuff. 

You know, something occurred to me. For those of us who are trying to unload our Warmachine and Hordes stuff, maybe we should see if we can announce this on the Portland Game Store's Facebook page or something? I know they have a pretty healthy community there, maybe one or two of them might want to come out. @RobynMM Want to reach out?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sgt. Rock said:

You know, something occurred to me. For those of us who are trying to unload our Warmachine and Hordes stuff, maybe we should see if we can announce this on the Portland Game Store's Facebook page or something? I know they have a pretty healthy community there, maybe one or two of them might want to come out. @RobynMM Want to reach out?

Submitted a request to join. Feel free to share the event to that group if you are already in it though.

On 2/13/2020 at 2:30 PM, Aaron W said:

Ooh, I'll be interested in taking a look at them if you bring them - I like what I've seen of their stuff. 

On 2/13/2020 at 2:39 PM, Brother Glacius said:

I've got several figs from them. Great D&D minis. So much detail. I'd be happy to look them over too.

Actually not going to be able to make it tomorrow, have valentine's day plans with the Mrs. But I'll try to put a list together of what all I have 🙂

51 minutes ago, Brother Glacius said:

Oh man, that was a painful, painful garage sale. Don't think I'll do that again for a while. No regerts though 😉 Had to get rid of the warmachine.

They're just getting re-homed and now you have space for the new stuff that will be painful to sell in 2 - 5 years 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1