New 40K Start box Split Thread

Brother Glacius

I don't think you take a new release of your flagship game and limit it like this. More stupidity from GW. I'm sure they know very well what the estimated demand is for this set. So if they couldn't meet that due to Covid, then you inform your customer base as to how its going to go. But no, they just say "limited" release and then have it unavailable unless you make it your #1 priority on Saturday. I've never seen a company scream "We are A S S H O L E S!" like GW does. All this does is create a horrible secondary market for ebay sellers.

Instead of a fantastic launch for their new edition, they leave thousands of people disappointed. Where is the sense in that?

ALL BOXES ACCOUNTED FOR.  Interested parties may still post in case someone drops out and/or to request splits with people who have gotten boxes via other sources.

TL:DR.  Reply with what you want from Indomitus and preferably pre-pay.  (But please read the whole post)

https://venmo.com/Joel-Buytkins

Paypal: Mr.buytkins@gmail.com

Against my better judgement, I have decided that Hodor, Lord and Savior of the 41st Millenium, will offer boxes acquired via ninja skillz.

I have 3 Indomitus boxes available from Gambits Cards and Hobbies at Lloyd Mall.  I read the posts about people getting left out and spoke to the owner this morning, this isn't something I had pre-ordered weeks ago.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gT1ysV4JzgXJ7tCSnJW5HDILeI_0gGd7z8Dtbxlq1RQ/edit?usp=sharing

I'm asking for $70 per faction and $40 for the rulebook.  The total is the full price ($180) that I paid per box.  

Why 40 for the rulebook?  It is just what I felt even vaguely comfortable with as being fair.  Ebay is trending upward now to mostly be $55 the same as 15% off retail.

This is mostly a take it or leave it deal not a negotiation on price or contents because I'm not making ANY profit, I am only trying to support the club / gain karma.  Please buy the whole box/faction and split yourself or discuss privately with others before purchasing about lower/higher prices or "weird" splits like wanting some but not all of the marines.

Pick up will be available at Hollywood Mcdonald's Portland parking lot most evenings or early mornings.  I live close enough to just walk over and am comfortable offering this as an almost at your whim pickup.  I will likely get the boxes ASAP and have them ready by Saturday afternoon/evening July 25th.  Shipping is possible.  Most likely via USPS Priority Post due to weight, but it might just squeak into First Class.  The book alone could be Media Mail.

I don't currently attend game nights, but I would be willing to drop off something with @ninefinger.  He has confirmed that he will accept and deliver items.  For this situation, please pre-pay, and I am not responsible for anything that happens to the box after giving it to OF.

If interested, please reply to this thread so everyone can see when something goes "out of stock".  I will check this occasionally and update the spreadsheet with names and payments.  Paypal  (friends and family), Venmo, or cash in person are all possible.  

None of the GW extras are available unless they show up as a surprise.  

Concerning the extra rulebooks and assembly guides (The Edge of Silence).  I reserve the right to divide these as best as I am able including digital photos of a double sided page that cannot go to multiple people.  If this is a serious concern, look through the thread above, discuss with a person who wants what you don't and agree on who will get the full instructions and who will get all photos, then reply together saying you want to be paired.  The default is I will just cut up the instructions and divide them.  It looks like the lore/datasheet booklet can be pretty cleanly cut in two.  The instructions, I haven't seen in detail yet.

Marines will come with sprues, bases, transfers, and instructions

Necrons will come with sprues, bases, and instructions.

Rulebook is just a book.

You can reply and just say you want an entire box.  Anything you do with it after that including negotiating a split at a different price is up to you.

I paid for these, but there is a small chance that something goes wrong.  Acts of god like a truck or plane crash, GW simply not sending the product, opening the box and finding stuff terribly broken.  I will refund anyone who cannot receive the item with those who replied to the post last getting refunds rather than items.

Oh the art inserts in the box...noone has asked but I think I will just give them to OF for club display.  If someone wants them, just request.  I don't think this needs a price.

• Thanks 5

2 hours ago, Ish said:

I would like the book. Just the book.

@Ishfor book...putting it into the spreadsheet.

Oh in case it sounds like I don't want to help from that absurd amount of text...I do.  That's why I ran out and bought 3 of a set I don't even want haha.  Please don't be put off.

I just found the Necromunda split to be a lot more annoyance than anticipated and am trying to head off any problems.  

@ninefinger confirmed he can handle game night delivery.  What I mean by I'm not responsible is... if he spills his coffee all over the book, please don't msg me about it haha.