I love the end times

The End Times have really reinvigorated my interest in WFB.  I was burned out, honestly, but I simply love these new models and could not be happier with the merging of VC and TK.  I really hope we end up with more books being merged, and more opportunities for army diversity.  I have literally thousands of dollars in tomb king models that were languishing, basically unplayable.  Now, for the first time in what feels like forever, I'm genuinely excited about painting them and playing them.  Good job GW.

Doesn't the mere existence of Warhammer 40K kind of make "The End Times" kind of a misnomer? :)

Warhammer isn't "past" 40k. 40k isn't "future" warhammer. Granted, they are GW's fantasy and sci-fi games with loosely the same seed plot. They've since become their own plots with distinct differences. 

There have been implications in some sources that WHFB takes place on a planet somewhere in the 40K Galaxy, probably cut off by Warp Storms or something. But they're definitely not sequentially connected.

Or, maybe they are because a planet stuck in some ward storm could be from the past or even future....

mind blown?

Really liking the End Times idea so far and can't wait to see Large battles with scores of Undead shuffling across the land. Might even get a CoB and Witch Elves to battles these.

My only concern is if they combine the WoC and DoC into one army. Two of the toughest books together? It would be like having the High Elves and Dark Elves in one book, rule wise not fluff wise. I would have to wear a paper bag on my head from shame for playing that cheese.

• Like 1

Really liking the End Times idea so far and can't wait to see Large battles with scores of Undead shuffling across the land. Might even get a CoB and Witch Elves to battles these.

My only concern is if they combine the WoC and DoC into one army. Two of the toughest books together? It would be like having the High Elves and Dark Elves in one book, rule wise not fluff wise. I would have to wear a paper bag on my head from shame for playing that cheese.

And they still get shredded by a dwarf gunline. I am loving the tk vc mesh. A tk army is what I'm working on after ofcc for the next escalation league. I can't wait to see the possibilities with a tk/vc army.

Yes, but my beastmen miss their dragon ogres and chaos trolls. So I favor merger.

• Like 1

Well this just brought up something interesting. MN I know I joked about giving you a TK army book and breaking it and you have mentioned you were going to start one already after OFCC.

You also have done great with blogging your army's progress, so here is that chance. If you still do start a TK army this fall let's see what happens. And if you are not deployed this Dec let's see how it does for Rampage.

Just a friendly way to solve this discussion.

Thoughts?

And I want to see some End Time battles too.

Uh yeah, yes they were. There was a successful tl list in the very competitive mid atlantic scene.

This is your rejoinder?  A friend of your cousin's once heard of a guy back east who one time did well with TK?  

Well let me offer some concrete, first-hand thoughts.  I've played TK a lot, and I've played against them quite a bit.  The book didn't work.  Could you win on occasion, sure, randomness demands that.  But the book didn't work.  To get any consistency out of TK required special characters.

• Like 2

ML, I am going to start a tk army. I want to start an army which isn't represented often. It's going to be a huge learning curve but I'm up to the challenge.

Cool. So I feel like I am a mid-level player and I have my Empire, O&G and DE armies that I can play against you with. That should be a good variety of army tiers and give you a chance to tweek your lists for different fighting styles.

Of course you don't have to play me but I am offering my challenges for a base line.

You game?

(Mind you I think the TK's are under powered but I am open to being proved wrong. :smile:)