End Times: Thanquol

He'll be playable, but he will be comped heavy to prevent an "only toy" list. I doubt a double Dread 13 list will be approved either.  I'm leaning towards a negative on the taking of 2 13 spells at least.

I like the model.  I feel he should only have 3 arms though!

Edit:  So basically,  I don't have a problem with multiple models in the list able to take the 13 spell, but on spell generation only 1 13th spell can be generated. Not trying to derail the thread with Brawl talk. 

Personally I don't see him as nearly as dominant as other ET characters, and the list you put out seems fine (pretty tough but still fun against most armies/players) to me but of course only the comp scoring will tell you if it's possible.

That model is awesome, I wish more of the ET models had that much flavor and variety.  All the ET: Nagash models look so same-same, and dang-ol Khaine didn't even get any new models!  

Skaven are such a flexible and cool book.  The one thing I've never gotten over is how hard it is to paint a horde-looking force and make them look good from a distance.  They just blend together so much.  I've always thought that a TON of clanrats with very clean, simple paint and a BRIGHT and cool looking shield, plus a bunch of slaves with very high-contrast faces, would look pretty amazing.  Tall order though, that's a lot lot LOT of models!

Oh, I <heart> WFB :)

• Like 1

Here's a question: at 2400 points, does this seem cheesy, or stupid?

Thanquol

Verminlord Deciver

Chieftain - BSB, Dragonhelm, Biting Blade, Shield

40 Clanrats - Shields, Full Command

40 Clanrats - Shields, Full Command

40 Slaves - Spears, Musician

40 Slaves - Spears, Musician

6 Gutter Runners - Poison, Slings

6 Gutter Runners - Poison, Slings

Warplightning Cannon

Warplightning Cannon

Doomwheel (VROOM)

What's the Swedish comp on that?  I bet its low, but I find it very amusing list :)

What's the Swedish comp on that?  I bet its low, but I find it very amusing list :)

It's currently 7.4, but that's the old thanquol comp.   I figure the new vermin lord and thanquol numbers will bring it to a -2 or so, and I will have to adjust.   However, I could be as far as -5, in which case much will have to change. 

He'll be playable, but he will be comped heavy to prevent an "only toy" list. I doubt a double Dread 13 list will be approved either.  I'm leaning towards a negative on the taking of 2 13 spells at least.

I like the model.  I feel he should only have 3 arms though!

Edit:  So basically,  I don't have a problem with multiple models in the list able to take the 13 spell, but on spell generation only 1 13th spell can be generated. Not trying to derail the thread with Brawl talk. 

Wait a sec, who takes infantry anymore?  13th isn't even 1/2 the spell it used to be when 8th hit the shelves....

• Like 2

People with the book now confirm the lizardmen are gone. F you GW, F you .

Also All the Dwarven Strongholds are either gone or currently undersiege. And the invasion just begun.

Of course reading the spoilers the way the Skaven hit the Lizardmen is also kind of lame IMO. Not very Warhammer, realistic or even that Fantasy based. It's just........ strange and under whelming. Completly new but new doesn't = better.

People with the book now confirm the lizardmen are gone. F you GW, F you .

Supposedly the remains of the Lizardmen are now in "The Void" or something like that...so I would say it does sound like maybe the first of these "Bubble" shard or world things that we have been hearing about.

And yeah doesn't sound very Warhammerish..sounds more like some cheased up scifi/fantasy/space invasions/shard world type of mishmash...even more BLizzard Entertainment like then Games Workshop like /rolleyes

Did Karaz a Karak fall?

Ummm...No?

Huge battle happens the gates are broken and then the dwarves push the Skaven back. Then everything looks ok the Dwarven King goes back in to the deep parts of the Keep and....... It turns out the battle upstairs was most likely a distraction and the real invasion is about to begin with the King now dead and a Verminlord and small Skaven Clans inside of Karaz a Karak. So they might survive but it looks as grim as every Human City State.

Middenheim has fallen along with Valten and Teclis is still alive. So unless Nuln is still standing that is it for Human cities.

From the comments thread:

LORE:

PLACES:

Empire:

Graf Boris Todbringer leaves Middenheim in the hands of Valten and Gregor Mertak and goes after Khazrak who he blames for all the bad things happening in his lands. He finds his nemesis but falls into a trap, although he challanges Khazrak, kills him, but at the end he is torn apart by Khazrak's herd

Middenheim is under siege by a combined force of Archaon and Thanquol. Basically the Verminlords decide that Skaven are not strong enought to resist the Lord of the End Times, so Verminking sends Thanquol to speak with Archaon and make a deal. Archaon accepts and uses the skaven as a distraction and to poison the city of Middenheim. Eventually it turns out that Teclis is alive, hinding underground while performing a spell to steal the flame of Ulrik that is protecting the city against the invaders (the reason is not mantioned but it's for a greater good). Because of that the flame of Ulrik dies and people panic all around, so without protection deamons and skaven storm the city and the big fight starts... Archaon fights Valten but he gets kille by Verminlord Deciever's shurken, Gregor Mertak banishes Kayros from the mortla world but cannot resist Archaon.

Lustria:

The skaven use Morrslieb to bombard the Lizardem but thanks to the effort of the Slann mages, some of them survive, although ALL of the SLann mages are slain in the process and are basically as Lord Kroak... This guy awakens and beats death, retuns to life just to save certain areas of Lustria by creating magical orbs that lift those lands and set them into the void" (YES WELCOME BUBBLEHAMMER, POKEHAMMER, WARHAMMERBALL ). After that Kroak dies again, and the prophet of SOtek dies too... Tet'o EKo is alive, as Krok Gar (i believe). Clan pestilens is seriously comprimised...

Kharaz-a-Karak:

the battle between skaven, dwarfs and gobbos start at the EIght Peaks, with Queek falling into Skarsnik's trap, althought the Skaven arre much stronger, and Gobbla gets killed so SKasnik loses all of his will to fight... Belegar gets killed by Queek and his head is taken away. At a certain point a Verminlord takes the head to Skarsnik as a token of peace, and he gives him also a warpstone bomb to take to Zhufbar, but Skarsnik think it's a much better idea to detonate the Eight Peaks so he'll be rememebered as the true last king of the mountain and he takes his waaagh and leaves forever those lands for a new unnamed destination.

After that Ikit Claw and QUeek lay siege to Kharaz-a-Kharak, the skaven have the biggest army in the history of the Old World, they even manage to brake the gate, but at that very the skaven army gets charged by the Bugman's rangers and Ungrim's slayers... Thay kill so many skaven that the army starts to panic, so Thorgrim has the chance to get close to Queek, and so he orders his bearers to put him on the ground and challanges the Skaven Warlord... Queek accepts makes some crazy ninja moves, yet Throgrim is much more stonger than him, so he manages to catch the skaven chief and after saying some epic words breakes his neck.... The clan Mors gets buchered Ikit Claw gets killed (but it's not true), and the dwarrfs win one of the biggest vistories in their history. Clan mors is destroyed... So at the end, Ungrim leaves to go help the EMpire with an army of ONLY slayers, Bugman speaks to Throgrim, and then goes away, and Throgrim gets back to the fortress of Kharaz-a-Karak, goes to think in a secret chamber, but he gets surprised by Snitch who kills him, draws some runes in order to summon the Deceiver, in order to open the gates and let the smaller clans (underground) strorm the fortress (at least that's the plan but the story stops before the invasion)

GENERAL:

Chaos moves south, yet from the west dragon roars are herd in the empire while from the East the Ogre Kingdoms are about to arrive... Nagash moves north although he is slowed down by greenskins and dwarfs (in separate moments)

CHARACTERS:

Empire:

- Graf Boris Todbringr killed by beastmen

- Gregor Mertak killed after banishing Kaiyros

- Valten killed by a shuriken from the Deceiver

Skaven:

- Queek killed by Throgrim

- Ikit Claw killed/wounded

- Thanquol allied with Archaon

Chaos:

- Khazrak killed ina duel

- Kaiyros bannished by Gregor