End Times: Thanquol

People on warseer are saying that the shooting attack is pretty meh, but I think it's awesome.  With quick to fire, move 8, and rerolls to cast skitterleap, it should be no problem getting him into close range.  As the shoots don't have the multiple shots rule, this means he will almost always be hitting on 3s.  10 s6 shots against a horde hitting on 3s is pretty awesome.  Against msu units of elves or warriors it will be amazing as well.  His combat stats are a bit lackluster, but with magic and shooting it seems like he'd be great for bouncing around and annoying the hell out of people.

Still not being able to be general is dumb, but oh well.  50% lords makes him a lot more accessible.  Looking forward to the other 4 builds!

yea dont listen to people's 'initial' reactions.  they are generally pretty wrong... i think it definitely can have a place in the army and would be fun to play/against unlike some of the other end times characters.  but i was actually referring to the new model.  just wish they didnt make it look so crazy bright tzeentchy colors and made it more 'skaven'.  the paint job itself is fine(heck im a terrible painter), i just dont like the scheme.  to each their own i suppose.  

It's going to be hard to corner this guy making its 5+ ward not bad. When you think about it when it can get out of LOS or somewhere where your opponent has to move to fire they will have a -2 to hit right of the bat before anyother modifiers are added. (Yes we all know wood elves cheat and can kill him quick, but we all know WE cheat so lossing to them is not really a loss. But everytime you beat a WE army you get to rub it in their pointy eared face. :tongue:)

If it gets charged you played it wrong.

Is it worth 500? Not sure but it is not bad.

Ripped from Warseer.  I am way too excited for this.

""OK, have the WD for the Vermin Lords. Not a fantasy player, so I can't interprit this.
Has pictures and rules for all the 5 builds:
All have Daemon, Daemon attacks, L4 Wizard, 5+ ward, LArge Target, ItP, Scurry Away, Terror.

Warpseer has the Doom Glaive (multiple wounds d3) and Scry Orb, which grants +1 Ward or can be thrown to make a I test or die small blast.
Warp Lightning is known spell with rerolls. Cheapest.

Deciever is clan Eshin linked, has Warp Stiletto (AP, poison) and Doomstar (S user, 12" poisoned attacks, quick to fire, Arcing Death)
Skitterleap as known spell. Cheapest

Corruptor- Pestilens linked. Plague Reaper pair- ASF rule.
Plague is known spell. Cheapest

Warbringer- Warlord Clans. Doomglaive and punch dagger (Killing Blow + d3 wounds. Death Frenzy as known spell. 25 slaves more than cheapest.

Lord Skreech- Doom Glaive (d3 wounds) and Plague Reaper (ASF) choose which to fight with at start of CC phase. Dreaded 13th is known spell. Most Expensive.""

• Like 2

Why does this remind me of Hordes?

Because people ask that question anytime there's a big model. :)

Amusingly enough, that was the first question asked back in 45000 BC when Grog made a big tiger monster out of mud and leaves. Grag looked over at Grog and said 'Why dis remind me of Hordes?'. They were then stomped to death by a mastodon herd.

• Like 2