Ravenguard, Tau, Eldar - Release Schedule Rumors

pretre

I think eldar is getting at revise simply to bring it in line with the DE / and new Harlequin Codex.  And as stated already in the thread - formations - etc.  Hope its just simple tweaks or rules modifications.  My OFCC army list worked out mostly - but now I may have to revisit it after the codex drops.

-d

• Like 1

Eldar are likely getting redone to remove the harlies from the book, so eldar players must purchase that harly book to field them.

Beyond that, I really hope it's an excuse to make plastic kits for some or all of the eldar aspect warriors. It's really long overdue.

I'm shocked that so many people naively believe GW is redoing these books to address balance issues.  Any balance changes will be purely happenstance.  GW discovered that Decurion style formations promote model sales, that's why any book not including such formation is up for a do-over.  

• Like 5

I'm shocked that so many people naively believe GW is redoing these books to address balance issues.  Any balance changes will be purely happenstance.  GW discovered that Decurion style formations promote model sales, that's why any book not including such formation is up for a do-over.  

TRUTH

• Like 1

I agree that it'll all be happenstance, but we can hope.  

Any clue "Why Eldar"?

the vitriol over Serpent Shields alone might justify a clean up, though I will be honest, I have really loved all the new generation of codex's pretty much to this point. I wont be sorry to see the Wave Shield changed to explicitly BEING a weapon and probably an 18 inch weapon.  but other than that I like the codex and have liked most of them.

Thing about the serpent shields being a weapon is that they aren't represented on the model very well. I would not be surprised if the serpent shields lost their shooting attack altogether. It being unmodeled would make it very easy for GW to ditch it.

Ideally, GW should remove the serpent shields altogether and give them the eldar titan holofields. They'd still be very impressive defensively. It would also make the jump to Revenant titan seem more reasonable to non-FW players.

So, I think it would be appropriate for the SS to be adjusted.  However, if anything... I would expect it to become a "once per game" use wargear versus altering the range or the mechanic.  That is assuming the marketing department doesn't simply present the sales figures to the executives before the book went to press.  I wouldn't expect to see a mechanical change outside of that.  Although, my thought is that, the serpent is simply going to be made more expensive.  From codex gone by, the GW answer to complaints like this (whenever the did respond via a codex change) was to make things more expensive both in dollars and points.

Also, from my experience at Adepticon... against well designed lists, I had to save the shield a lot to prevent dropping melta's, las cannons, and a number of decent answers from simply shooting me off the board.  That alone balanced out the use of the SS against many of the lists that were brought to the event.  Still crazy good, but it was really needed against the more well rounded lists.  I don't really think that the change is required compared to what I saw and experienced.

• Like 1