Codex Eldar confirmed

pretre

I'm not willing to write them off yet as broken beyond belief until I see the dex, but these leaks are...not encouraging.  Will we be pining for the days of Serpent Spam?  

Serpent spam was not something I complain about. If I've a complaint on them, it would be the defensive value of the serpent shields, an ability which never sees use because of the amazing offensive potential of those shields...

Can someone remind me how str D works in 7th? Don't have the rulebook here at work to check.

Roll to hit as normal for melee/range. Instead of wound roll, use destroyer table.

Against targets with wounds.

1: nothing

2-5: d3+3 wounds, no armor

6: d6+6 wounds, no saves

Table is basically the same for vehicles, but does hull points.

Strength D works badly but here is a synopsis

When you roll to wound, a 1 is a fail. A 2-5 causes D3 wound ignoring Armor Saves. A 6 causes D6+6 wounds and ignore all SAVES of any kind (Invul, Cover, Armor)

When you roll for armor penetration, a 1 is a fail, a 2-5 causes D3 Hull Points but retain cover. A 6 causes D6+6 Hull Points and ignores all SAVES of any kind (like above).

• Like 1

The notable feature of D weapons is that hits are resolved per model, not per unit. So even if I do 12 no-save wounds to a guant, the squad only loses that one guant.

If it didn't work out that way, I think D weapons would be unbelievably frightening ;)

Thanks for the reminder. I knew there was some sort of chart, but couldn't remember AP.

What Pax is indicating is that if a Blast hits multiple models, and get a few wounds of multiple values, those dont spread to the rest of the unit.

That, or in melee against D.

So, in example:

Large blast at D strength hits 5 models. Each of those roll on the above destroyer table. Hits still resolve by LOS of firer. So first model would do that Destroyer table, as above, and if it survived, you'd repeat. When it dies, you'd move to the next one until all 5 hits had been resolved. The distinction is that 5 D hits can only kill 5 models.

Same with the impreial knight melee, as they only have 5 attacks on the charge. Even if they all hit and roll 6s on the destroyer table, they can only kill 5 total models with 5 D weapon hits.

Correction to the above. 2-5 does not deny armor. Most D weapons (all, I think) have a listed AP of 1 or 2. The AP value denies the armor, not the D weapon rule.

2-5 inflicts D3+3 wounds/hull points, but only denies armor saves as per the ap of the D weapon.

Another note is that D weapons are treated as S10 for Instant death, so in addition to dealing d3+3/d6+6 wounds, they are instant death wounds against T5 or lower enemies.

It is notable that Feel No Pain Specifically does not allow saves against destroyer weapons, this is in the FNP rules.

If it didn't work out that way, I think D weapons would be unbelievably frightening ;)

Thanks for the reminder. I knew there was some sort of chart, but couldn't remember AP.

I had an opponent in the GG league that insisted that his 3 knights did just this. Fortunately, I was very familiar with the super heavy and D weapon rules, so I corrected him.

The biggest issue with the D weapons is that they get "unbelievably frightening" if the opponent isn't using them right...This is really common, as players assume that they are broken, so they overlook rules interpretations which seem broken.

My opponent had been using them wrong for several games without correction.

So maybe they will be D weapons with little to no AP? STRENGTH D LASGUNS!!!!

Dunno, nothing in the BRB is D without also ap1 or 2 (BRB D is catastrophic damage table and santic power #6).