Codex Eldar confirmed

pretre

So did the psychic stuff get better, in sorry if I missed that part?

The Runes of Fate table is pretty similar. No word yet on which disciplines the Farseer has access to (yes or no on Maelific will be a big deal), but the powers are quite close and Spirit Stone of Anlathan is still in.

Powers are:

0 Guide (identical)

1 Executioner (identical)

2 Doom (identical)

3 Will of Asuryan (12" bubble of Fear and Adamantium Will)

4 Fortune (identical)

5 Mind War (essentially identical?)

6 Eldritch Storm (WC3 or WC4, Fleshbane/Haywire, and either large blast or apocalyptic blast supposedly)

He mentioned it in passing, but I'm a little hesitant there (as I don't believe he said anything about Sanctic, either, and didn't confirm any other disciplines.)

So we'll see. Perhaps Sunday will be the last hurrah for Celeste Summonseer.

He confirmed Sanctic on a bunch of stuff including the hemlock.

Latest from Warseer:

One more before I go to bed ...

Warp Spiders:

They can move as before 6+2D6" and if double "1" loose a model, but they can choose to jump (2D6") in the opponent's shooting phase after the Warp Spiders are chosen as a target. If Warp Spiders are out of range or out of LoS after this movement, firing unit cannot choose another target. If they jump in the opponent's shooting phase, they cannot jump on their next turn.

Dark Reapers:

25 points per model. They re-roll to hit against anything that flies, turboboosts or moved flat out. All models ignore Jink saves.

• Like 1

Actually, after Khorne, and how Craftworld is shaping up, I'm really interested in how they advance the Tau and the Imperium.  A lot of game changers hitting the table and hitting the table hard.  Imperial Knights were a small sign of the times.  As scary as the omens are, it's exciting times in 40k.  

Skitarii is a rather huge option for the Imperium. Lots of anti-eldar stuff in there. Quite a few anti-jink options too.

So basically people complained about wave serpant spam. GW listened, they nerfed it.

Then they supper buffed every other unit instead

Eldar strong

Glad I sold my eldar bike army, it was so much fun to play. Did great in sixth and seventh editions. Now I am glad I will not be "that guy", though I do have three imperial Knights that spend most of there time on the self.

glad I am not a big tournament player, with out having a plasma obliterator, with a space wolves battle leader holding the helm of durfast with its re role to hit and ignore cover, there is no way I can with stand the sheer amount of strength 6th shots.

Wish GW would off not made the plasma obliterator so limited.

Skitarii is a rather huge option for the Imperium. Lots of anti-eldar stuff in there. Quite a few anti-jink options too.

What is it you think give them options against Eldar particularly? Rad-Poisoning hurts Wraithguys pretty bad, obviously, but those are far from the mainstay of the army at this point.

What is it you think give them options against Eldar particularly? Rad-Poisoning hurts Wraithguys pretty bad, obviously, but those are far from the mainstay of the army at this point.

Gives the imperium options.

For anti-eldar, and in general, the things that we don't have much of in all of the imperium of mankind are anti-cover skyfire and anti-jink bike weapons (without FW). Those are the main weak points in the imperium prior to the skitarii codex. There are combos to work around it, plus mentioned super heavies, but not too much for it.

The Skitarii have those Phosphor weapons which, I think, are a pretty big deal for coping with biker armies. Shots that pen/glance/unsaved wound lower cover saves AND allow rerolls for any unit charging. Very easy synergy with those and any other imperium unit.

The other one is that Icarus Array option for those Onager Walkers. Amoungst it's weapons, it includes the only Imperium Interceptor+skyfire weapon (without FW or buildings) and it also includes a 5-shot S6 cover denying skyfire weapon. S6 isn't perfect, but it means that we can cut through skimmer/flyer/FMC jink. They still get armor, but those FMCs were getting armor against the quad guns anyway.

As you mention, those vanguard rad weapons are pretty amazing against wraith units.

The codex fills other gaps, but those are the ones that matter against Eldar. Skitarii is not really it's own codex, but is pretty amazing for filling gaps in the imperium of mankind.

I know, those phosphor weapons only lower cover saves by 1 point, but the thing is that it stacks with other, similar effects, from other sources (like other non-phosphor sources). It's still not outwardly huge, but making eldar bikers and WS bikers have a 4+ or even 5+ cover instead of taking a 3+ cover is a big deal. It means that your krak missiles or battle cannon will actually kill things, instead of being harmlessly diffused by the eldar cover saves.

Notably, a few marine chapters have a 5pt omnispex upgrade, which, at present, lowers cover save by 1 for that unit's shooting within a certain range. This can be taken on ICs, so quite a bit of sharing potential there. Range is limited, but between pods and bikes of their own, it isn't that difficult. Would stack with phosphor weapons, so -2 to cover saves. That's enough to make a skilled rider unit consider intervening units instead of jink....

EDIT: On a side note, since shooting attacks are now resolved by weapon type, rather than simultaneously as in prior editions, I should be able to have the phosphor effect apply to the same unit's shooting.

Iuchiban is back and answers questions with the Codex book in hands

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?407490-Eldar-imminent/page92

Automatically Appended Next Post:

Originally Posted by ZeroNoRyouki

Thank you again!

How the Warlock council work now?

Holofields: are they a 5+ inv like in the Harlequins codex? For how many points?

Is there anything that got worse at all?

Warlock conclave Works as a single psyker. 1-3 Lvl1, 4-6 Lvl2, 7+ Lvl 3. They can choose Sacred Daemonlogy and Battle Runes.

Holofields are 5++

Worst things? All is known already: Laser lock is gone and Serpent shields got nerfed.

Originally Posted by Archonon

What about Ghosthelm, and all runes ?

Ghost helm: When suffering a wound, Farseer can spend one warp point and ignore the wound.

Runes of the farseer: Once per turn, Farseer may reroll a psychic test.

Farseer is equipped with both by default. Farseer has same cost.

Originally Posted by ZeroNoRyouki

Also, any changes for the Autharc and excharh powers?

Exarch powers, as we all know them are gone. Now all aspects get a new ability for free. Exarch get for free another one (free as well). And they have 2W.

Autarchs are pretty much the same.

Originally Posted by totgeboren

Do you lose the Serpent Shield for the rest of the game if you shoot it? That is, do you lose the protective aspect of it too if you fire it (since it is one-use only).

Yes. If the shield is fired, you lose it for the rest of the game.

Perils - yes. He made it more clear in a later post.

Aspect Warrior rules

Originally Posted by cob

What sort of abilities if you dont mind illuminating us? USRs?

Let's go

Dire Avengers: Overwatch at BS2 OR get counter attack and stubborn

Exarch: 4++

Howling banshees: +3" when running or assaulting. Ignore I penalties when assaulting through difficult terrain. Fear. No Overwatch allowed when Banshees assault

Exarch: Units in CC with the Banshees have -2L

Striking Scorpions: Stealth. Shrouded until the fire or assault.

Exarch: During a challenge compare I values. Exarch gets +1A for each point his I is better tan his oponent.

Fire Dragons: +1 on the vehicle damage chart.

Exarch: Once per turn, may reroll one to hit, to wound or to penetrare roll

Swooping Haws: If the move over a flier, every modl gets one special attack that hits on 4+, S4, AP4, Haywire. They move 18"

Exarch: His unit does not scatter if DS

Warp Spiders: They may jump during the opponent's shooting phase. If after the jum, the spiders are out of LoS or reach, firing unit cannot choose another target.

Exarch: His unit reroll all LD tests

Shining Spears: 4+ cover sabe

Exarch: Reroll to wound vs MC and rerolls to penétrate

Dark Reapers: Reroll to hit if target is: Flier, has turboboosted previous turn or moved flat out

Exarch: His weapon fires one more shot tan normally. For example: Heavy 2 becomes Heavy 3

Originally Posted by RedemptionNL

- Does Illic now have a Destroyer strength sniper rifle?

- Rangers; any changes? Upgrade to Pathfinders still possible?

- Warlock council; squad size?

- Exarch powers? Do all Exarchs now have Battle Fortune or just the DA one?

Illic weapon is NOT D. He always has precision shots. If the joins a unit of Rangers, all the models in the unit get this ability

Rangers have Shrouded

"Mandiblásters got a VERY BIG BOOST. On 4+ they inflict a Wound regardless the T of the target. If target is Gargantuan creature, they only wound on 6's. Saves allowed. BTW, Karandras Mandiblaster wounds on 2+/4+ and ignores saves"

wow! With that and stealth+shrouding, Scorpions might actually be worth taking now.

Wow, some of the aspects got a real boost. No overwatch against Banshees is pretty cool, as is the Striking Scorpian extra hit. While allthe focus has been on scatbikes and d-wraiths, it seems like there are a lot of good options in this book. I hope that equates to a lot of variety in army lists and play styles.

• Like 1