Codex Eldar confirmed

pretre

How did the next best Daemon Flying Circus place, tho? How well does it do when not helmed by Nick Nanavati?

2nd, CD/CMS (in this case but heavy flyers as I recall), 18th, and 31st.

With pure Nids coming in at 6th and 27.

Eldar at 5th (ELD\ELD\DE), then pure Eldar placing at 20, 22, and 28th.

If spamming serpents was really that great, it simply would have done better.  But the results are pretty clear, Daemons did quite well.  Also, no need to bother with the name drop, cause he really isn't that great a tactician.  Don't get me wrong, very strong player, but there were better tacticians, but the list is very efficient.  Leaving little to chance, and so minor mistakes on his part don't effect the game nearly as much.

2nd, CD/CMS (in this case but heavy flyers as I recall), 18th, and 31st.

With pure Nids coming in at 6th and 27.

Eldar at 5th (ELD\ELD\DE), then pure Eldar placing at 20, 22, and 28th.

If spamming serpents was really that great, it simply would have done better.  But the results are pretty clear, Daemons did quite well.  Also, no need to bother with the name drop, cause he really isn't that great a tactician.  Don't get me wrong, very strong player, but there were better tacticians, but the list is very efficient.  Leaving little to chance, and so minor mistakes on his part don't effect the game nearly as much.

Wait, so we're talking about a battlepoint tournament, which was formatted so terribly that he was far enough ahead going into the final game that it didn't matter. Also, Nanavati was only running Fateweaver for FMCs. 

Nova last year, Eldar went 1st, 2nd, 6th, 7th, and 9th. Only Daemons in the top 10 was 3rd, with zero FMCs.

LVO had 2 Chaos players in the top 8, but one had zero FMCs, and Nick only ran Fateweaver. Admittedly there was only 1 Eldar player, but he was at least running 4 serpents. With nearly zero daemon FMCs in the discussion.

I mean, really, I don't know what tournament coverage you've read that's telling you Daemon FMCs are tearing up the meta, but I can't find it going back through all of 2014. Being someone who has all of nothing to do most days, I've done more than my share of reading forums and FLG, 3++, etc. and it's pretty clear that the vast majority of the overall community feels that Serpents with scatter lasers are too good. /shrug

• Like 1

I disagree that the 7th edition codexes aren't interesting, beyond the fact that the ones you're describing as boring are marine dexes, which, I agree, are boring in general.

But their 5E incarnations were significantly more interesting- BA, for example, could field jump pack, Drop Pod, and mechanized armies using that codex and had a very unique playstyle compared to other Marines. And both they and SW had very distinct psychic powers that set them apart from other books in that arena, which have now been replaced with some mediocre shooting attacks and underperforming buff spells that you don't take because Telepathy and Divination still exist.

Moreover, the DE and Ork books both removed some interesting options (such as biker armies) from their respective codices without really adding anything new. The Ork book did at least have the decency to improve a lot of the garbage units, though sadly DE did not (and in most cases made them worse.)

And that's not to even discuss the atrocity that is the GK book, where more than half of the available units were simply summarily cut and most of the useable options removed from their codex entries.

I also think you're discounting the craptastic 6th edition codexes of DA and CSM and the at least uneven Daemon dex.  In general, the 6th ed codexes range from either awful (DA/CSM) to REALLY powerful (Eldar/Tau) with only a couple in between dexes.

DA and CSM were the first two books of the edition and suffered heavily because of it- I'm willing to forgive a certain amount of that, since it's always been the case. If the first two books of 7E had turned out to be drastically different from the others that followed, I wouldn't be so worried- but that's not the case. The things I dislike about them are a continuing presence in almost all of the 7E books and while the Necron book is an improvement, one book does not make a trend (nor break one in this particular case.)

Nope, not in the case deamon flying circus... of course I am assuming the daemon player is solid.  In that case I would say, eldar probably have the best fighting chance against the list.  After that Nids, if there are no detachment limits...  Daemons flying circus, minus some bad luck can deny most elements of the game, except against lists that are equally as fast.  There was a reason why, at Adepticon, the final round of the individual was basically predetermined with the daemon player winning for the third straight time in a row, with the same basic principal for all 3 years.

Nick's list isn't Flying Circus, though. There absolutely are strong Daemon builds out there, but Flying Circus isn't one of them. It's like complaining about the all-foot Guardians build as the reason Eldar are overpowered- everyone is going to give you strange looks because it's true that there are problems in the Eldar book, but that ain't one of them.

Tyranids absolutely destroy Daemonic Flying Circus. 36-60 S6 shots per turn, hitting on full ballistic skill, and SitW to make Perils more deadly are a bad, bad combination for Daemons.

Wait, so we're talking about a battlepoint tournament, which was formatted so terribly that he was far enough ahead going into the final game that it didn't matter. Also, Nanavati was only running Fateweaver for FMCs. 

Nova last year, Eldar went 1st, 2nd, 6th, 7th, and 9th. Only Daemons in the top 10 was 3rd, with zero FMCs.

LVO had 2 Chaos players in the top 8, but one had zero FMCs, and Nick only ran Fateweaver. Admittedly there was only 1 Eldar player, but he was at least running 4 serpents. With nearly zero daemon FMCs in the discussion.

I mean, really, I don't know what tournament coverage you've read that's telling you Daemon FMCs are tearing up the meta, but I can't find it going back through all of 2014. Being someone who has all of nothing to do most days, I've done more than my share of reading forums and FLG, 3++, etc. and it's pretty clear that the vast majority of the overall community feels that Serpents with scatter lasers are too good. /shrug

So... a few things.  First and foremost, I was poking a bit of fun at pretre for his comments.  Counter pointing his quite broad-sweeping comments, with a single set of results.  Second, I never made any claims about the meta or other past tournament results and as an eldar player I do find the serpents to be an easy button for lesser players.  Please refer to my comments in the recent thread about serpents.  Finally, I fully expect some type of response from either pretre or Westrider that may or may not even address my points given how one sided and almost "jaded" my response was.  I'll need to find an appropriate thread degenerating meme if that should be the case.

@AP:  Yeah, as I think about his list, you are correct in that generally most people wouldn't consider it a FC.  I did, simply because it fit my point with Pretre, but even then... I thought he did max his FMC's after the tzeench heralds.  Oh well, the price of aging I suppose.

But their 5E incarnations were significantly more interesting- BA, for example, could field jump pack, Drop Pod, and mechanized armies using that codex and had a very unique playstyle compared to other Marines. And both they and SW had very distinct psychic powers that set them apart from other books in that arena, which have now been replaced with some mediocre shooting attacks and underperforming buff spells that you don't take because Telepathy and Divination still exist.

I think it's a factor of GW's vision of 7th edition.  You want to play all jumpers?  Great!  Make an Unbound list!  Also, BA can still do mech and drop pod (I think they can do drop pod BETTER now, honestly), so I don't get that point.  And they retain having distinct psychic powers.  

So, are you saying that they are less interesting in general or less diverse in power builds?  Because those are different points.  

Yeah, extra Thumbs up for the Rifts reference within an Eldar thread :)

I have high hopes this Codex will get the Necron treatment...I really feel GW knocked it out of the park with the Necron 'dex.  It is just solid all the way around.  If Eldar get that same treatment, I think Eldar players will have a lot to rejoice over.  Looking forward to this new book.

Manwë from Warseer wrote:

Some people on a French forum have seen the WD

The heavy wraithcanons are now D, and the sword too. He is gargantuan (and probably LoW I think). 

Jetbikes rules are the same, no changes and same slot (but new minies). 

Walocks are not in the Wildriders box, but is an option in the Jetseer =D (1D6+100 of dat things for me, kthxbye). 

There is a "Decurie" (don't now the name of the Necron special host in English), called Craftworld Warhosts : 

1 to 3 guardians host (Wildriders, guardiens squads and the ones from Ulthwë) unlock some extra stuff for all the craftworlds. For example, 1 3 Wildriders choices unlock some stuff for Saim Hann host. 

The Autarch on foot has swooping hawks wings, and is awesome.

When you can't argue success, argue the opponents?  That's one way to go about it,   :rolleyes:

You're forgetting what my sandbox includes.

So you pick that one part out of context, oh nevermind.

I played in a little 3 round tournament at OCC a few year back. I lost a very close game to Josiah, and then obliterated the other 2 people I played. Your sandbox is not somehow superior to any of the others around here, but you sure do make sure you stay in it yourself.

• Like 1

marneus41 from Warseer wrote:No pics, bu read the WD

3 new plastic kits : 

- Eldar Windriders : 3 new motojets with all the weapon choices available. 

- Eldar Farseer Skyrunner : 1 eldar farseer or warlock (2 heads and 2 weapons choice). 

- Eldar Autarch : no options 

New codex of 160 pages with description of 11 craftworld (nothing about specific rules for them). 

2 new specific psy discipline (battle runes and fate runes). 

One FOC like the necron : 

1-3 guardian hosts (3 types available) 
0-3 Regent of the warhost (Heroes, seer council, living legends (avatar and phoenix lords)) 
1-12 formation for each guardian ost (outcasts, crimson death, dire avenger shrine, wraith host, aspect host, wraith-construct, engines of vaul) 

Distorsion wepon = D-weapon. 

CC weapon of the wraithknight is D weapon.

• Like 1