Ordo Bowl Persistent League

savion47

Do to my distaste in having a bye week for anyone (especially with 2 week long rounds), michaels has agreed to play 2 teams. As soon as the details get figured out on what team it is and it is built in ordobowl.com I will have your match scheduled warprat. Sorry about the confusion as it was 100% my fault (though I will blame Weav a little for bailing out any chance I get).

Do to my distaste in having a bye week for anyone (especially with 2 week long rounds), michaels has agreed to play 2 teams. As soon as the details get figured out on what team it is and it is built in ordobowl.com I will have your match scheduled warprat. Sorry about the confusion as it was 100% my fault (though I will blame Weav a little for bailing out any chance I get).

It's all good...    I'll take the blame, since the new guy should always get all the blame, just for being new...  LOL!

Question: since the league is now persistent will there be glittering prizes for playoff teams? Not sure if this format is normal but its the one I'm used to.

Glittering Prizes Table (2d6)

2: Goblin Accountant: No reward!

3: A Touch Of Chaos: One random player (who has not earned this previously) immediately gains a mutation (coach's choice). Counts as a double for TV. Does not take up a skill slot.

4: Super Agent: Team may hire any one legal free agent, regardless of whether he/she is in the "offseason pool". Normal free agent rules, bidding, and cost apply. The team may choose to hold the Super Agent prize for later use during the upcoming season.

5: Hidden Gem: Hire a rookie player at normal cost. That player begins at level 2.

6: Minor Sponsorship Deal : 40,000 gold

7: Major Sponsorship Deal : 80,000 gold

8: Minor Sponsorship Deal: 40,000 gold

9: Coached Up: One random player (who has not earned this previously) may select Leader, Pro, Thick Skull, or Sneaky Git. Counts as a double for TV. Does not take up a skill slot.

10: Team Fluffer: Every player immediately gains 5 SPP (once per team, per offseason).

11: Nuffle's Favor: Reroll one player's (coach's choice) last learned skill OR reselect any learned skill (no reroll)

12: Da Big Needle: One player (coach's choice) recovers from latest perm. injury (except death!)

*Any coach who rolls >2 can opt for a Minor Sponsorship Deal instead of their roll (useful if you can''t use it).

Also, will there be a free agent pool after this season offering franchise players for hire?

I should have asked all this months ago. ;)

Added a minor rule change to the league:

"All players on a team's roster must have a unique name."

This has been added for a very specific reason. In your roster is filled with Unnamed players, I cannot fix any problems that come up such as any accidentally saved skill choices, fixing stat issues, etc. This is because the admin section only lists players names. Not numbers or any other important information. It generates this list each time in alphabetical order, but it two names are the same (Unnamed), it generates them in a random order each time the page reloads. So I have know way of knowing what player I am selecting when I want to fix something. 

Ex. A player on The Green Machine currently has -6 SPP. I would love to fix this error, but I would have to select from list of Unnamed players and there is know way of knowing if I have picked the right one. If I pick the wrong one, the list gets randomly regenerated again and I cannot just undo the mistake.

Long story short, name your players for my sanity. If you do not, I will name them for you, and it wont be nice.

• Like 1

The second week of Round 1 is under way! So far things have started off with a CRUNCH! Two players have ended their Blood Bowl careers in the most violent of ways. I am sure Crunch HeadSmack and Skin'ink will be missed by their respective coaches. Many more players have been injured and coaches are scrambling to find replacements for their next game.

For more information about how the games have been going, see the match write-ups on the front page of ordobowl.com.

I will have matches posted as soon as all games are played. They will be up no later than Sunday the 24th at 10pm.

Round 2 Pairings:

·         Hearts of Oak v. Murder Junkies

·         Claimhte v. Re-Born in the Purple

·         Green Machine v. Clar Karond Corsairs

·         Green Skin Slackers v. North Plains

·         Aqshy Aelfs v. Ard Ballerz

·         Stomptown Slobs v. The Red Menace

·         Pollo Asado v. The Mouse House Rejects

·         Dirty Gnobsv. Temple Tlantla

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

[big bad swear word] YEAH!

Trouble is Khrone's frenzy makes it hard to block and control lanes.  Play Michaels or me and you will know the pain.  I think both of us have a record of breaking.

Frogs did more harm to dwarfs, but failed to stay on their feet, as those damn dwarfs were good at trying but sucked at breaking.