New Tau - Giant Fethin' Riptide with Missiles, New FireW and Stealth Riptide

pretre

Can't be RIFTs, not enough skull-shaped robots with skull heads and skull guns.

You kidding? 40k has a plethora of skull-shaped robots and guns....

Also, that would CS that does the skulls in the RIFTS setting. The Glitterboy is actually American, and pre-RIFTS at that.

MongooseMatt wrote:
Just sent to retailers: 

A multipart plastic boxed set that makes one KV128 Stormsurge Ballistic Suit. This walking vehicle stands as tall as a Riptide Battlesuit and is a magnificent centerpiece miniature for any Tau collection. The Stormsurge wields new weaponry, designed to destroy the Imperial Knights, super heavy vehicles and Titans along with huge missile pods, and large array of secondary weapons. 

Listed at RRP £90.

• Like 1

A Gargantuan Creature you can take in squads? O_o

The Pulse Blastcannon is kinda awkwardly-short range, but it's a pretty vicious weapon against anything it can hit. Getting two shots with it is infinitely superior to one shot with the Pulse Driver.

Being able to fire twice when not moving is huge. That's a f***in' truckload of shots right there, directed at any targets you want because you're a GC.

As the rules currently stand, the two different main guns are both Pulse weapons and benefit from an Ethereal's "Storm of Fire" rule.

Also possibly temporary, but the Stormsurge can purchase the Early Warning Override (for Interceptor), Shield Generator (for a 4++ save), and Vectored Retrothrusters (for Hit and Run.)

Stabilizing Anchors give you a round to close in on the things before they really let loose.  

It basically has a Conversion Beamer, a less reliable Punisher Cannon and a Vindicator Cannon with actual range on it.  The Hunter Killer type Destroyer Missiles are AP 1 and i suppose that does not suck for going after vehicles.

I have no book in front of me.  If it fires an Ordinance weapon, I assume that has the usual effect on other ones?

iJTZPmT.jpg

Lol....So funny.

Okay, so it's a T6 GC....with 3+ armor and no invulnerable save. It has I2 and 2 attacks. Then, as if it wasn't weak enough, you can lose the ability to move or make stomp attacks.....and, as a GC, it still can't overwatch...and then you can take them in squadrons, thus making it easier to lock all of them in melee.

Ah, TAU, you finally got a GC that makes sense with your "all shooting, no melee" philosophy.

Okay, so it's a T6 GC....with 3+ armor and no invulnerable save.

It can buy a 4++ for 25pts, which is the only time you would ever bother to take a Shield Generator.

I have no book in front of me.  If it fires an Ordinance weapon, I assume that has the usual effect on other ones?

GCs, like superheavy vehicles, are not affected by firing Ordnance weapons- all their other weapons can still fire normally, and they can fire Ordnance while moving.

(Incidentally, "ordinance" means a law, rule, or statute, whereas "ordnance" means a cannon or weapon. Vocabulary!)

It can buy a 4++ for 25pts, which is the only time you would ever bother to take a Shield Generator.

Incidentally, "ordinance" means a law, rule, or statute, whereas "ordnance" means a cannon or weapon

Yeah, it can. Or a shy shield landing pad, or just cover saves. It's just one of many that make it true to the TAU player's philosophy of forfeiting when you make assault... :wink:

EDIT: Oh and thanks for that spelling thing. I've been wondering why spellcheck allows two spellings. I'm pretty sure I've seen both spellings in the 40k books to describe the ordnance weapons....