2k Armored Company!

fluger

So, a friend of mine is getting out of the hobby and gifted me a crap ton of IG tanks!  

Naturally, I had to come up with a cool list to play with it.  

Here's what I came up with!  

Armored Battle Group (CAD)  650

HQ:  Leman Russ Vanquisher:  175 pts
Beast Hunter Shells

HQ:  Leman Russ Vanquisher:  175 pts
Beast Hunter Shells

Troops:  Leman Russ:  150

Troops:  Leman Russ:  150

Emperor's Fist Formation  860

Tank Commander:   LR Executioner:  215
  Multimelta Sponsons, Lascannon
LR Executioner:  185 
  Multimelta Sponsons, Lascannon

Leman Russ Eradicator:  140
Multimelta Sponsons

Multimelta Sponsons

Multimelta Sponsons

1 Engineseer:  40

Emperor's Wrath Formation:  470

CCS:  85 + 65
Vox Caster, 2 Meltaguns
Chimera

Wyvern:  65

Wyvern:  65

Manticore:  170

1 Engineseer:  40

2000 pts

If you're not familiar with the Armored Battle Group rules from FW, basically those Vanquishers have a single shot gun that causes instant death.  Super helpful for bringing down MCs or GCs.  The Leman Russes are just Troops and therefore Ob Sec, which is nice as they can sit back and snipe at range.  

The Tanks in the Emperor's Fist formation should all be BS4 (they have to be within 12" of the tank commander) and I can tuck the Engineseer in the Chimera and hide it behind the Tank Commander's unit so they get tougher.  

The Emperor's Wrath guys give me some nice ranged barrage fire to clear out infantry and such.  

Overall, I just love the feel of this list and I look forward to putting it together and putting it on the table!  
  • Like 2

Didn't PourSpelour try this list?

In fairness my list writing skills involve telling Fluger what I have and him writing a good list. Then I take that good list and drive it into the dirt. Super interested in watching it get run by someone competent.

I have more of the autocannon guys in my list and they just don't carry their weight when bought from the Armored Company list. They're a better choice from the Guard book because they're cheaper there.

• Like 1

In fairness my list writing skills involve telling Fluger what I have and him writing a good list. Then I take that good list and drive it into the dirt. Super interested in watching it get run by someone competent.

It's not nearly THAT bad, also, let's not go crazy, I'm not sure competent describes me at this point.  

Also, going outside of my comfort zone of hordes makes me feel all twitchy.  

I'm fairly certain that this is going to be my OFCC list at this juncture.  The thought of fielding a non-horde is really appealing to me at this point and OFCC should afford me plenty of opportunities to face off against lists that either I wouldn't table or wouldn't table me in a few turns.  (like, drop melta insta-wins against this, but I would probably ERASE an infantry horde)

With that in mind, considering that this would almost certainly be a 3B, is this acceptable for an OFCC list to the majority of people?  

• Like 1

I mean, on the one hand, this list kicks out a truly reputable amount of firepower, well above and beyond what the knights are going to be able to do, but, yeah, not being able to really take assaults AT ALL is a big drawback.  

That being said, I truly think the only reason multi-knight units are frowned upon at OFCC is because of perception rather than efficacy.  I said that last year as well.  

• Like 1

Got two wyverns put together.

Need to put together 6 Leman Russes and convert a Leman Russ that is already built (gotta swap out the lascannon in the central sponson with a heavy bolter).  

As well I need to build a Manticore and a Chimera.  

In doing an inventory assessment, I realize I'm 2 Russes worth of Multimelta Sponsons short (total of 4) since the ones I was given are the old version that didn't have that as an option.  

Anyone got 4 multimelta sponsons they don't want?  

Got two wyverns put together.

Need to put together 6 Leman Russes and convert a Leman Russ that is already built (gotta swap out the lascannon in the central sponson with a heavy bolter).  

As well I need to build a Manticore and a Chimera.  

In doing an inventory assessment, I realize I'm 2 Russes worth of Multimelta Sponsons short (total of 4) since the ones I was given are the old version that didn't have that as an option.  

Anyone got 4 multimelta sponsons they don't want?  

If no one else bites, I might be able to find some in my bits. My IG are put away though.

• Like 1

Looks like necrontyr has my back for the multimeltas.  I'm going to tackle the Leman Russes tonight.  

Over the weekend I put together a Manticore and a Chimera.  

My build/paint list is now this.  BUILT  PAINTED

Leman Russ Vanquisher
Leman Russ Vanquisher (still needs to be converted to a Vanquisher)
Leman Russ BT
Leman Russ BT
LR Executioner
LR Executioner
Leman Russ Eradicator
Leman Russ Eradicator
Leman Russ Eradicator
1 Engineseer
CCS
Chimera
Wyvern
Wyvern