Official GW FAQ - First Draft

pretre

Q: Do Flyers, Super-heavy vehicles, Swooping Flying Monstrous Creatures and Gargantuan Creatures gain cover while standing on the ‘base’ of a terrain piece, e.g. ruins or dense thickets, or do they need to be at least 25% obscured by the scenery for cover to apply?
A: The 25% rule applies in all types of terrain if the target is a Flyer, Super-heavy Vehicle, Flying Monstrous Creature or Gargantuan Creature. All other targets count as being in cover if they are in or on the terrain’s base, even if not 25% obsured.

Did you notice that vehicles get toe in cover now? Only Flyers, SHV, FMC and GC are excluded in that answer.

• Like 1

Q: Do Flyers, Super-heavy vehicles, Swooping Flying Monstrous Creatures and Gargantuan Creatures gain cover while standing on the ‘base’ of a terrain piece, e.g. ruins or dense thickets, or do they need to be at least 25% obscured by the scenery for cover to apply?

A: The 25% rule applies in all types of terrain if the target is a Flyer, Super-heavy Vehicle, Flying Monstrous Creature or Gargantuan Creature. All other targets count as being in cover if they are in or on the terrain’s base, even if not 25% obsured.

Did you notice that vehicles get toe in cover now? Only Flyers, SHV, FMC and GC are excluded in that answer.

No, vehicles are pretty well detailed in the rulebook as needing 25% cover.  This is poor wording from the FAQ and will hopefully be cleaned up in the final version.

Looks like I am going to be shelving most of my necron vehicles for awhile. While i don't like the change to jink I can live with it, I now have to make a more tactical choice then have it be a given. I however believe that having lance just be flat better against Quantum Shielding is just outrages.

Q: If a unit consists of more than one Faction, what Faction does the unit count as when targeted by special abilities that affect one of the Factions in that unit?A: They count as having all the Factions of the models in the unit."

Ally Ad Mech and Astra Militarum. Put Ad Mech characters in Astra units and Astra characters in Ad Mech units. orders and canticles for everyone!

Well the unit entries for the admech actually specify in their abilities 'doctrina imperatives' or 'canticles' so it wouldn't work that way.

The no rerolls on gets hot makes ammo runts pretty meh now for KMK.

actually, the faq question was re-rolling 1's in particular, such as the tempered helm or preferred enemy. not twin-linking. Ammo runtz "twin-Link" it, which is re-rolling all rolls to hit, which the BRB specifically calls out as getting to re-roll the 'gets hot' roll. now, this new faq could over-ride that, but the example they cite is specifically rerolling 1's, as per something like preferred enemy or the tempered helm. are we SURE this applies to twink-linked as well?

actually, the faq question was re-rolling 1's in particular, such as the tempered helm or preferred enemy. not twin-linking. Ammo runtz "twin-Link" it, which is re-rolling all rolls to hit, which the BRB specifically calls out as getting to re-roll the 'gets hot' roll. now, this new faq could over-ride that, but the example they cite is specifically rerolling 1's, as per something like preferred enemy or the tempered helm. are we SURE this applies to twink-linked as well?

/shrug no idea yet.

It makes my ammo pile useless for its intended use though.  :(  

No this is a straight up rules change. The rulebook restricts allies from dedicated transports not transports.

Could it be that the intent was "transports" applied to all transports? The term "dedicated" just created a small subsection of the group? That is how I would read it.

I have to say, reading the various rules discussions that have happened over the last couple of years just turned me away from the game. It seemed like people were trying to be asshats and find abusive interpretations of the rules.

• Like 1