Genestealer Cult for OFCC 2017

evil_bryan

Now, I don't expect everyone to be as OCD as I am with this. I do think that everyone should have a version of this process. It seems crazy to me to spend the money, but not take to time to make the models look good. For the "clip - glue - repeat" crowd, please know that I am silently (or not so silently) judging you for your hobby sins. :)

I have a similar attitude, though my process includes losing a key component of the model progress, shelving the project, and coming back to it months later when I find the components or when I decide to go another direction with the project.

15 down, 15 to go!

med_gallery_1078_27_328757.jpg

I put a lot of work in yesterday, and got through 15 Acolytes. That leaves just 15 more to finish off the Overkill boxes (minus the additional characters.)

Once completed, I will be left with some decisions as I open the Neophyte and Acolyte boxes.

• Which special weapons do I build?
  • How many of the Acolytes should be built as Metamorphs?

Also, in an effort to never finish the build process, I bought some Genestealer Cult upgrade sprues from ebay. I have lots of Cadians new on sprue around the house, so I should be able to build lots of cult guard guys. It will also allow me to add cult icons to vehicles. I am also considering building some Chimeras, as I have some around the house as well. The one thing I do not have hanging around are sentinels. I will have to check out the formations that have a sentinel tax to determine if I need to get some of them.

• Like 3

Ya, i thought you could do double claw, but its double talon is the option.

Yeah, and double Talon is a pretty bad option. Trading in your Rending Claws to go from WS5 to WS6 isn't even worth it for 0 Points.

Now, if you could double up on the Claws, that might be interesting. I could see exchanging Rending on a couple of dudes in order for them to hit at S8 all the time.

Phase One Done! (almost)

With the last two Neophyte boxes opened and assembled, I have reached an important milestone in this project. Every box pictured at the beginning of this process have been assembled (mostly.)

med_gallery_1078_183_888391.jpg

Riding the wave of assembly, I have also completed an additional Neophyte squad from a box of Cadians (with the Genestealer upgrade sprue.)

med_gallery_1078_183_383241.jpg

Over the years, I have been a long proponent of drilling out gun barrels on models and this project will be no exception. Looks like there are 132 models in need, so it's time to charge up the Dremel. :)

• Like 4

med_gallery_1078_183_383241.jpg

Over the years, I have been a long proponent of drilling out gun barrels on models and this project will be no exception. Looks like there are 132 models in need, so it's time to charge up the Dremel. :)

Do you drill out lasguns? Kinda picture them with a lens on the end of barrel, not a drilled out hole.