Dark Angels in June

pretre

Dark Angels codex comes late in June with a new clampack Interrogator Chaplain (completely new model with a powerfist, not the DV one). 

I heard Grim Resolve now improves Overwatch.

I would say this is pretty much true.

Sad Panda - Total rumors: (15 TRUE) / (0 FALSE) / (0 PARTIALLY TRUE/VAGUE

• Like 1

Dark Angels have been cursed by bland books for years. Maybe this will fix it.

Well, this last book wasn't bland per se.  It had lots of interesting, unique units.  As AbusePuppy would point out though, those "options" weren't options though simply because (despite Pax's protestations) lots of those units were terrible, mostly their terminators and flyers.  The Ravenwing were, and still are, decent if not good, the issue with the book was that when the regular Space Marine dex dropped, they just didn't have the same potency.  

Well, this last book wasn't bland per se. It had lots of interesting, unique units. As AbusePuppy would point out though, those "options" weren't options though simply because (despite Pax's protestations) lots of those units were terrible, mostly their terminators and flyers. The Ravenwing were, and still are, decent if not good, the issue with the book was that when the regular Space Marine dex dropped, they just didn't have the same potency.

Yeah. GW shot their Ravenwing in the foot the second they released the White Scars rules.

Yep. the current DA Dex looked good up until, well, not quite the next Codex Release, but once Tau came out, things were definitely starting to look sketchy, and then the replacement Marine Dex pretty much invalidated it except for a few overpriced gimmicks.

Really hoping that this round, with them coming out at about the same time, will also see them getting balanced against each other a bit better.

Also, I just thought of this, but Ravenwing- and DeathWing-specific Detachments could end up being a really cool way of doing those lists.

• Like 1

Yeah. GW shot their Ravenwing in the foot the second they released the White Scars rules.

Ayup.  

I don't have a problem with White Scars being the best biker force, that fits their fluff to a T, so I'm ok with it, I just think they should focus on different elements of what makes bikers good for WS compared to RW.  

Like, RW are supposed to be scouts and such, so I'd give them scouts as a rule and maybe some jet-bike-esque shoot then move kinda rule.  Give WS skilled rider and maybe some bonuses for melee like better HoW like they already have.  Things like that.  

• Like 1

We get it, you play Sisters of Battle, you don't have to keep bringing up the red headed step children.  ;)

Let's look at the last  three releases for my codexes:

SOB - 2013, 2011, 2004 - Average 3.33 Years, High 7.

Space Wolves - 2014, 2009, 2000 - Average 5 Years, high 9.

Orks - 2014, 2008, 1999 - Average 5.33, high 9.

Imperial Guard - 2014, 2009, 2003. Average 4, High 6.

So yeah, I get you were trying to be funny, but SW were actually the worst wait out of the bunch. I would LOVE a consistent <5 year schedule for releases. Heck, I'd love to get an update once an edition.

SOB - 6th, 5th, 3rd

SW - 7th, 5th, 3rd

Orks - 6th, 5th/end of 4th, 3rd

IG - 6th, 5th, 3rd

You'll notice all of my books skipped 4th basically and most haven't been updated for 7th.

• Like 1

So are they giving us 2 years per codex? That's kind of depressing.

Just one more instance of GW pressuring players to only field a single army and buy less models...

Well, that they COULD do with FAQs. Since they don't, I like that we get new fluff.

For sake of argument, which FAQ answers are you really needing? Most of the 40k questions I encounter can be answered by intense reading and re-reading of the BRB and codex. That is way better than with prior editions.

Just one more instance of GW pressuring players to only field a single army and buy less models...

For sake of argument, which FAQ answers are you really needing? Most of the 40k questions I encounter can be answered by intense reading and re-reading of the BRB and codex. That is way better than with prior editions.

GW isn't pressuring players to field one army... That's just crazy talk.

I didn't mean with FAQs; I meant in the FAQs. Sorry if that was unclear.

I.e. All Wolf Guard are now 15 ppm and can take Grav Pistols for 10 points each, stuff like that.

Why? You get updated rules that are set for the current edition. That's a good thing. For some of my armies, I'd kill for 5 years between codexes.

'Cause I can't justify spending 50 bucks on a new codex every 2 years. 4 years is fine, 2 is just not enough time.