Yarbicus

Rate the Last Movie You Saw

9 hours ago, Brick Bungalow said:

Sicario: Day of the Soldado. 

On it's own it's a competent if forgettable action movie. As a sequel to one of the best movies of 2015 its nearly unforgivable. For every mold broken by the original the sequel crazy glues that mold back together and regurgitates it with all the finesse of vintage Schwarzenegger. . It reunites much of the original cast and presumes to carry on the story of those characters but in a far weaker story. It gives formerly brilliant characters silly and cliched lines to recite and the actors appear visibly embarrassed by the obligation. The original was enigmatic and utilized ambiguity to heighten tension. The sequel needs dialogue exposition AND repetitive close ups AND many cloying references to the first movie as if to say that it knows perfectly well what a weak imitation it truly is. I could go on but why bother. 

Learn from my pain. Don't watch this. The world will be a better place. 

Thank you for this. I have been wondering about it and wasn't even sure it was out yet. Sicario is a masterpiece and I had high hopes for the sequel. Now I will just pretend that it doesn't exist.

Unforgiven: Arguably, the best Western ever made, deconstructing every Western before it. As a bonus, it has one of the best and most realistic gunfights in a movie.

Its a hell of a thing, killing a man. You take away everything he's got and everything he's ever gonna have.

Clint Eastwood, Morgan Freeman, Gene Hackman. I have watched it at least 5 times and I'll watch a few more times.

I was lucky in the order, but I've always been lucky when it comes to killin' folks.

10/10

On 9/17/2018 at 2:42 PM, Raindog said:

Unforgiven: Arguably, the best Western ever made, deconstructing every Western before it. As a bonus, it has one of the best and most realistic gunfights in a movie.

Clint Eastwood, Morgan Freeman, Gene Hackman. I have watched it at least 5 times and I'll watch a few more times.

10/10

You're so Munny!