Astra Militarum

Fix

By that point it's lame to have a flyer come on from reserve and smoke your units with no response as well. 

As opposed to the interceptor rule, where the flyers arrive, drop bombs, and then you get to fire?

The most logical solution would be to modify the interceptor rule to be "interceptor (skyfire)." Basically, the same thing, but only against units which are shot at full BS via skyfire.

Another super smart idea for rules clarifications would be to create another special rule called "groundfire" which basically applies to all weapons that aren't with skyfire. This one doesn't really change anything, it just makes many of the rules interactions a bit more clear.

I would also probably change the snapfire rule to, "snapfired shots only hit on 6s, regardless of BS. Shooting attacks which automatically hit, cannot hit with snap shots."

Do the new orders apply to vehicles? That might account for the change.

I do think hydras are dirt cheap for what they can do. I know that denial of jink barely seems to matter for my armies, as my opponent's flyers seem to always have 3+ armor or an invulnerable save or I just fail at damaging them with the hydra. 

Denial of Jink is less important for Flyers than it is for regular Skimmers (which Skyfire Weapons can also shoot without penalty). Eldar stuff with Holofields in particular.

On the Interceptor thing, I think at the end of the movement phase works reasonably well. It might be a different matter if there were more and better Bombers in the game, but since none of them are particularly common or scary, the ability to drop bombs before Interceptor goes off doesn't seem like that big of a deal.

So when does the book actually come out? And are Griffons still "legal" if the are not in the codex? Griffons are some data slate now or supplement? Thx.

I'm told friday.

So when does the book actually come out? And are Griffons still "legal" if the are not in the codex? Griffons are some data slate now or supplement? Thx.

They are not in the codex, but they are still legal - you just need to use the Forge World (copy and pasted) rules for them from here: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Imperial_Armour_Books/IMPERIAL_ARMOUR_VOLUME_ONE_SECOND_EDITION_IMPERIAL_GUARD.html

If someone tells you can't use them because they're FW models, kindly remind them of the Approved for 40k stamp. Then threaten to hit them with the book :)

• Like 2

They are not in the codex, but they are still legal - you just need to use the Forge World (copy and pasted) rules for them from here: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Imperial_Armour_Books/IMPERIAL_ARMOUR_VOLUME_ONE_SECOND_EDITION_IMPERIAL_GUARD.html

If someone tells you can't use them because they're FW models, kindly remind them of the Approved for 40k stamp. Then threaten to hit them with the book :)

Or just walk away cause if you have an opponent that complains about Griffons... youre going to have a bad time. 

• Like 2

i dislike forgeworld being allowed.  i dont feel bad about that.  plenty of reasons that dont bear mention here but lets not jump the gun.  when the codex comes out we may fi d that anything we "lose" may be of no PRACTICAL importance.  things people wouldnt prefer to use anyways are a waste of resources.

• Like 1

i dislike forgeworld being allowed.  i dont feel bad about that.  plenty of reasons that dont bear mention here but lets not jump the gun.  when the codex comes out we may fi d that anything we "lose" may be of no PRACTICAL importance.  things people wouldnt prefer to use anyways are a waste of resources.

Most of the time I can agree with this. It's hard to say the griffon is a crazy option coming out of forgeworld really. Hell just pull the points from the 5th ed book. In this case it's less about forgeworld rules than GW just flat out taking a unit away. 

Via Bell of lost souls:

commissar.jpg

We know the Ogryn are coming, but here is what is accompanying them - including a killer in a black peaked hat:

via La Taberna De Laurana

OGRYN/BULLGRYN: Plastic set, 3 Ogryns, or a new unit called Bullgryns, which is equipped with a grenade launcher or melee weapons and a shield. Bits included to make Nork Deddog

COMMISSAR OFFICIO PREFECTUS: Clampack plastic mini - the new Commisar doing the rounds in all the White Dwarf images.

CADIAN DEFENCE FORCE: New Battalion Box.
2 Cadian Shock troops
1 Cadian Command Squad
3 Cadian Heavy Weapon Teams
1 Chimera
1 Leman Russ
 135 (20% discount for the bundle)

HAMMER OF CADIA: A Heavy Support boxed set.
3 Leman Russ
3 Hellhounds
1 Baneblade
260 (25% discount for the bundle)

Home » warhammer 40k » 40K: Bullgryns Rules Spotted
40K: Bullgryns Rules Spotted

ogryn-03.jpg

Bullgryns have been spotted in the upcoming White Dwarf.  Here's what's coming for the newest Astra Militarum unit to hit the tabletop:

via Barcode:

Bullgryns

Bullgryn: WS4 BS3 S5 T5 W3 I2 A3 Ld6 Sv4+
Bone'ead: WS4 BS3 S5 T5 W3 I2 A4 Ld7 Sv4+

Grenade Launcher: (R:12" S:4 AP:6 Assault1 Small blast)
Bulllgryn Shield: (+1 Armor Save if in base-to-base contact with another model with a Bullgryn Shield, +1Cover save to any model obscured by the model)
Special Rules: Hammer of Wrath, Stubborn, Very Bulky
Dedicated Transpsort: Chimera, Taurox
Squad size 3-10
45pts each

Options: +15 per Bullgryn to upgrade to Brute Shield (Rerolls on Hammer of Wrath, and 5+ Inv. Sv.) and Power Maul

• Like 1

Most of the time I can agree with this. It's hard to say the griffon is a crazy option coming out of forgeworld really. Hell just pull the points from the 5th ed book. In this case it's less about forgeworld rules than GW just flat out taking a unit away.

Agree. More importantly, we have a "40k Approved" stamp in FW stuff for a reason. That's why they have it there - to end the (IMO) idiotic two tier level of officiality that's an artifact of old editions(after all, special characters used to need opponent's permission to use as well, and that's long since gone). Whatever your preference, someone spends money on a model with approved rules from the mothership, you don't really get to tell them they can't use their toys. Just like I can't tell someone they can't play with a Wraithknight or Imperial Knight cause I personally think it's unfair, or the rules are broken, or whatever.

"All you have to do to continue using the models you already is spend $100!"

Agree. More importantly, we have a "40k Approved" stamp in FW stuff for a reason. That's why they have it there - to end the (IMO) idiotic two tier level of officiality that's an artifact of old editions(after all, special characters used to need opponent's permission to use as well, and that's long since gone). Whatever your preference, someone spends money on a model with approved rules from the mothership, you don't really get to tell them they can't use their toys. Just like I can't tell someone they can't play with a Wraithknight or Imperial Knight cause I personally think it's unfair, or the rules are broken, or whatever.

Someone is entirely within their rights to decline a game based on the army you are using (except at a tournament or other event, in which case declining equivlates to forfeiting the game.) Would you give the same "it's in the rules therefore you HAVE to play against it" rationale for someone coming up against Seer/Screamerstar in a casual game? I don't think that's particularly plausible. People can choose to play against- or not play against- whatever they want, and a lot of people still don't particularly care for Forge World because of their amazingly poor rules writing. (Yes, even compared to GW.)

I will also point out that until very, very recently, Games Workshop itself did not allow you to play with Forge World rules at any of their events, which hardly lends the "FW has always been totally normal and legit" argument a whole lot of credence.

"All you have to do to continue using the models you already is spend $100!"

Trust me, I'm not happy about it. But the rules are still "official" so you don't have to just toss your models, either.

Someone is entirely within their rights to decline a game based on the army you are using (except at a tournament or other event, in which case declining equivlates to forfeiting the game.) Would you give the same "it's in the rules therefore you HAVE to play against it" rationale for someone coming up against Seer/Screamerstar in a casual game? I don't think that's particularly plausible. People can choose to play against- or not play against- whatever they want, and a lot of people still don't particularly care for Forge World because of their amazingly poor rules writing. (Yes, even compared to GW.)

Now, play nice. There's a difference between telling someone they have to play a game they don't think will be fun, and telling them you're able to use the models that have the official stamp of approval. You know the difference. My point is that an opponent can no longer roundly say "you can't use that," as it used to be prior to the stamp. That's why the stamp's there.

I will also point out that until very, very recently, Games Workshop itself did not allow you to play with Forge World rules at any of their events, which hardly lends the "FW has always been totally normal and legit" argument a whole lot of credence.

I never once said FW has always been totally normal and legit. At all. In fact, quite the contrary in my previous post as I point to the reason the stamp is there in the first place. So let's stick to what the discussion is actually saying, please.

The Cadian Defence force seems like a decent deal one I may pick up.The Ogryns on the other hand are just as I thought they would be..expensive as all hell.

If I want to field a force like Ogryns I will just use an Ork Warboss with some Nobs give them Eavy armor,painboy,cyborks and probably a big choppa or two then toss them in a BW or truck to get them downfield.A much better value all around I think.

• Like 1

Someone over at Dakka has the new dex and was answering questions in the rumor thread over there...

He says this is the new price list for the Russ versions:

4-Basic is 150

Exterminator 130

Vanquis 135

Eradicator 120

Demo 170

Punisher 140

Execu 155.

He goes over quite a bit of stuff but one thing that stuck out to me was that the CC order that forced the fired on unit to reroll successful saves (Fire on my Target or something like that) now makes the shooting attack ignore cover..pretty nice:)

Heres a link to their rumor thread http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/583532.page

• Like 1